New Ford Fiesta is here

Spanly

RM will not bring Kuga in until they have petrol engine + auto box.

At the moment, Kuga is only available with 2.0 TDCi.

Its about time Ford upgrade all its cars with the new Powershift (6 speed dual clutch) gearbox (availble on 2.0 TDCi Mondeo and Focus in Europe).

The main strength of Ford is its chassis, and suspension tuning.

Their main weakness is the car interior (perceived) quality, and its petrol engine + auto gearbox.

As for Fiesta.... locally it will be a niche market. Look at how many Corsa, Polo, 207, Clio, C3 and Fabia (all add together) on the road compared to just Mazda2 or Fit/Jazz alone.

Fiesta will be there just to make up the numbers (not sales volume numbers, but no. of models on offer).

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

My hope for Regent Motors is to bring in the Kuga to complete the entire Ford (Europe) range (minus the Ka that it).

I am currently driving the Mk1 Focus (manual) and did have a thought of getting Kuga, but looking at the pricing (Saw somewhere saying this Kuga is coming 3rd Qtr with 110k price tag), this kind of price range i can find something more delicious.

The current Focus isn't really that interesting. Hope they can bring some good Ford back into Singapore

Me just saw a couple of new Fiesta on the road these few days and it looks good.

The side profile is great though 1 cannot shake off the similarity with the Mazda 2. However, it is visibly larger than a Mazda 2.

All in all, a very fine design and profile.

5th Gear

Nice car but not going to sell in numbers cos price not too competitive and it does not have a Japanese badge.

I'm a proud owner of one now [sunny]

But yet to meet any fellow new Fiesta on the road yet.

I am currently driving the Mk1 Focus (manual) and did have a thought of getting Kuga, but looking at the pricing (Saw somewhere saying this Kuga is coming 3rd Qtr with 110k price tag), this kind of price range i can find something more delicious.

The current Focus isn't really that interesting. Hope they can bring some good Ford back into Singapore

I would have liked to have this Ford Cougar instead

Ford Cougar

Ford_Cougar_front_20080111.jpg

RM got problem la.. only offer auto transmission for the cars. how to have an engaging drive with a 4 speed box...

I'm a proud owner of one now [sunny]

But yet to meet any fellow new Fiesta on the road yet.

Congrats... [thumbsup] It looks really good and read that it drives well too. I really think the mobile-phone inspired central console looks good and practical.

Ford Cougar looks good then and still looks fresh now.

I had wanted to own a Puma years ago...but couldn't find one that fits my budget. It hold it's value rather well.

Yeah, it certainly drive as well as my previous Focus! The ride is good too with noise well contained.

The central console design is certainly refreshing compare to many other rides out there. The only grip so far is the lack of a trip computer that RM did not include as i know this option is certainly available in other countries.

Neutral Newbie

Look nice but the engine is a old tech from the focus 1.4L and the same old gearbox.

On paper is 95bhp but feel underpower and sluggish gearbox.

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, it certainly drive as well as my previous Focus! The ride is good too with noise well contained.

The central console design is certainly refreshing compare to many other rides out there. The only grip so far is the lack of a trip computer that RM did not include as i know this option is certainly available in other countries.

bro what is the fuel consumption like? oh btw does RM do overtrading?

As I'm still running in, not sure if it would be accurate to tell on the FC... I would said not too good at this moment if I'm comparing what I'm getting against the spec... though I'm almost 80-90% city drive. Anyway, I feedback to RM when I go down for my 1st servicing which I'm still less than half way from the 2,500km mark. Other than this... I'm enjoying my ride [drivingcar]

Not too sure about the overtrade as I do not ask for it... you can check out with RM. If keen, I can refer you to my SE.

Wow congrats! Nice ride! Is yours maroon (Seems like a signature color for the Fiesta)?

Well, think it seems more solidly built and the metal also looks thicker, thus giving a assuring stance.

Should be very planted when driving..... [thumbsup]

(edited)

Yes is maroon or they called it "Hot Megenta" :D Is the signature color of the new Fiesta!

In fact I'm somehow reserved about getting this color initially (was looking for blue but their didn't bring in this color) as I feel it may be too "HOT" for me... esp even the interior is having the maroon tone...

Well, after much support from wify & the SE that this color is very unique... I took it up! No regret now as is indeed a very different shade compare to other colors around [thumbsup]

Yeah... the drive is indeed very planted; even with the stock 15" tyres... i didn't go for the upgrade as I like the design of the 15" rims... though I would say the 16" tyres will be a nicer fit against the large well arch of the car.

Edited by Spanly
↡ Advertisement