Screeching sound when braking

Drive_carcar

I just sent my car for it's 10K servicing a few days ago. Today I just notice that when ever I applied my brakes, there's a very high pitched screeching sound that seem to come from my rear right brakes. This happens when I'm only gently applying the brakes.

Is this goning to be a costly problem? I'm thinking maybe my brake pads are worned down (how come so fast? It's still a relatively new car [confused][confused][confused]

How much might it cost to replace the brake pads if they are worn down?

↡ Advertisement

Rotors may need to be changed? Or need skimming.

Hmmm... what's skimming? Is it grinding my brake disc? If have to change rotors means very [sweatdrop] costly right?

Hmmm... what's skimming? Is it grinding my brake disc? If have to change rotors means very [sweatdrop] costly right?

Hmm, might not be rotor problem. Cause skimming is usually done when the rotor is warped. If its warped, normally will feel some vibration. Best is head down to a workshop where they will test for you. You using stock pads given to you on the 1st day?

I don't think your brake pad or brake disc are worn out. Only 10K, how can that be possible?

Suggest you bring to a workshop and take out the rear right brake assembly to check. Maybe just dirty?

this kind of sound typically happens on rear drum brakes

Civic using drum brakes? Think its all disc.

Edited by Ev0lutionz

Bro, since your ride is so new, jus send it back to the agent for a check [nod]

Your brake pad shouldn't have worn out so soon as it is only 10K [nod]

Maybe the pad is dirty or whatsoever which cause the screeching sound whenever you depress the brake pedal [nod]

Rotors may need to be changed? Or need skimming.

skimming may not always work.

i skimmed my rotors and after 2 days the screeching came back.

i think pads dirty but don't care much liao wait until next time change pads then see how.

Neutral Newbie

does honda have a screeching brakes problem?

i've got a '09 civic it's got about 20k and it's beeen making this screeching sound for over a year.

have been to the dealer and they said," it's like that... It's not as if you car doesnt stop." Not lying, that's what the service guy said.

Its pretty normal as brake pads get uneven wear.

When you gently press on the brake, the entire brake pad do not usually come into contact with the rotor. Only one part of it will. Hence this will cause the brake pad to vibrate and cause that screeching noise. Brake pads are only secured to the caliper by clips so it will move around a little. ITs not welded or bolted on.

mass yellow card him? think that would solve the problem... but i dunno how to, cos i'm new

I think only mods can do that. But it won't exactly help cause these people can create one account after another.

↡ Advertisement