$500,000 pay for New Creation Church employee

Idwish

Neutral Newbie

Which is why I always feel that religion is personal. You cannot push it or shove it down someone's throat. I ahve had many evangelical clowns coming to try to win me over, and they had HELL from me, yes, HELL!

I rather someone convert because they WANT to and not because they are FORCED to!

PEace [angel]

Me Catholic btw.

Agreed! Convert to whatever religion you want. But dun go around knocking at everyone's doors vigorously denying the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, and feel outraged when someone denies the existence of theirs. Make Peace not War.

Agreed! Convert to whatever religion you want. But dun go around knocking at everyone's doors vigorously denying the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, and feel outraged when someone denies the existence of theirs. Make Peace not War.

this is so true!

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Matthew 19:24

very well say bro..and i like your alfa romeo 147, u drive one?

city harvest pastor also got such rumours of getting excessive pay right?

city havest pastor smart, he didnt get any pay at all.....go dig out

Jesus needs ang pao! Wat a joke. Really made my day.

This letter appeared in the today's ST Forum;

Church leader's massive pay: Blame the congregation

I REFER to yesterday's report, "$500,000 pay for New Creation Church leader".

As a Christian now for 30 years, I cannot help but feel embarrassed by such a report.

However, I do not put the blame for such obscene pay cheques on the elite group of church leaders; rather, I would lay it on the congregation.

During the Chinese New Year period, my family and I visited one of the classier church buildings and attended a service. We were taken aback when a special offering, referred to as a hongbao for Jesus, took place. We were surprised to see many in the congregation willingly coming down the aisles to drop their red packets of money in the baskets held by the pastors and leaders. In return for giving, devotees received a spiritual blessing of prayer.

I was amazed at the congregation's willingness to give without really knowing where all the money was going to. (There was no mention of the purpose of the collection other than giving it to Jesus.)

Edward Rajeshwar Zaccheus

This is a good song for all the believers from Clark Datchler (part of Johnny Hates Jazz):

Clark Datchler's Crown of Thorns

Lyrics as per below:

You were yesterday's hero

An ordinary man of flesh and blood

Took the World on your shoulders

A hopeless crusade, and act of love

But it's a world obsessed with religion

And now you wear the face of a god

Like the words you said, you're as good as dead

Just a work of art on the wall

And that's why nobody wears a crown of thorns

Nobody cares

Nobody wears a crown of thorns anymore

Holy men talk of hunger

While standing beneath a cross of gold

And there are preachers on the TV

In their thousand dollar suits, who sell your soul

To think you died for what you believed in

Only to be exploited and used

Now you're supermen from the promised land

Just a vision of Hollywood

(Chorus)

...anymore

You showed me that there's hope for humanity

But once more you're being betrayed

So many countries torn by their idols

Too many prophets screaming for blood

And they only hear what they want to hear

When it comes to God up above

(Chorus)

Supercharged

i'm very careful about these independent churches, because they are independent and are not accountable to any higher authority for the church's operations

i can only trust those main demonination churches

I am for one against all these prosperity teachings that have been creeping into the Christian circle. Give more and God will bless more. What kind of teaching is this ?

If that's the case, what difference then is Christianity from worshiping deities ? I just burn more joss-sticks so these deities will bless me 4D numbers.

If these pastors deserve their fat paychecks because of their contributions, then why Jesus disciples all didn't die as rich men ? In fact most were martyred.

They certainly didn't wear Armani suits and drive BMWs while preaching the Gospel.

Does that mean God's blessings were not on them then ?

Edited by Darth_mel

Its a matter of time that the authorities will start to scrutinize the accounts of these non-profit organisations like the NKF. Right or not we dunno. Its for the authorities to decide.

Afterall, its donation $$$ we are talking about here.

its quite a thin line here. NKF was not transparent in its accounting. For NCC, the members are fully aware what's going on, like even how much the pastor is getting. i know ppl can be uncomfortable with a pastor getting that kind of salary. The consolation for the public is at least we all know!

there's nothing the authorities can do as there's compliance in how the church operates. Their accounts all are audited. The only thing the authorities can do is set a salary cap on non profit org workers' salaries. Bear in mind, i'm not saying set a limit on the wealth of the church. The church can all the money in the world. But the individuals serving it can have a certain limit. That's if our govt sees the need to.

My guess is as there's no intervention, we can only say the authorities are comfortable with what's going on as long as NCC go by the book. In the case of NKF and some other individuals, they broke the law. The amount of money is not the issue here,working with the law is.

I don't think that is a fair or politically correct statement from a church.

yep, that i'm inclined to agree and i won't be surprised Prince makes a correction this Sunday. It's people who make the church. yes, he's their leader but without their help, he cannot function alone.

The founding pastor of city harvest is not under the payroll of the church. He runs his own consulting business if i'm not wrong.

tats true. For Prince, i remember reading he did request to be removed from payroll but the church board insisted on paying him. i think i won't jump on the bandwagon and criticise him for being wealthy yet. It's more like the kind of life he lives that matters. The members know him better and still support him, so i'm in no position to judge.

tats true. For Prince, i remember reading he did request to be removed from payroll but the church board insisted on paying him. i think i won't jump on the bandwagon and criticise him for being wealthy yet. It's more like the kind of life he lives that matters. The members know him better and still support him, so i'm in no position to judge.

Hmm ... if he insists not to be on payroll, and iirc he's in the board, who can force it on him? It doesn't seem probable. I hope there's extenuating circumstances afterall.

These mega-churches pastors are no different from the pope.

Aiyo bro, how can you compare the Pope and those mega-churches pastors?? Strange comparison cos its totally different.

Neutral Newbie

HI All,

I read all posting with much thought and I feel this is bordering along sensitivities surrounding beliefs, or rather religion as most of you call it.

May I be so bold as to offer these suggestions (I call them 10 Commandments) to most postings and please forgive me if it offends you personally for it is purely not my intent.

1. If you think the 500K salary is excessive and you had contributed and are unhappy, then stop. Giving should never be an obligation.

2. If you are not giving and are disgusted by it, leave it be, its not your money anyway.

3. If you feel the churchgoers are being conned, so be it, they are (I hope) are wise enough to discern what is right and wrong.

4. If you think they mean or imply that the church revolves round Joseph Prince and need clarification then why not attend their services and find out or talk with any of their church goer.

5. If you think they preach about prosperity all the time then why not go find the evidence or their definition of prosperity, making sweeping such statements is merely speculative

6. If you're just curious why so many folks folk to that church then go find out what the ruckus is about

7. For Christians who feel that their believers are going wayward then simply pray for them

8. If you feel that the money should have been used for more noble purposes then I suggest you try to raise $$ for the needy yourself. We do not know how much they donate to charities and hence why speculate if they do.

9. If you feel that this church is a cult then report it to the relevant authorities

10 If you feel you ought to have a similar profession then please go ahead and start your own religious group.

Life's too short to get mentally involved in such matters of what others do.

I urge all to think before posting because I begin to see a pattern of commenting and judging other people's beliefs. Let's learn to respect if not refrain from potentially offensive comments. Thanks

Edited by Raycsk
↡ Advertisement