Kia unveils 2 new models! Aero Soul & i10 conversion range.

Retrochink

(edited)

New Hyundai i10 conversion range released

Aimed at budget conscious world and religious leaders

hyundai-i10-special-project.jpg

Given the current economic downturn and a trend towards more eco-friendly vehicles, Hyundai sees this as the perfect time to expand this ever growing product lineup into the rapidly growing political and faith leadership transportation sector. In order to grab a firm stranglehold on this ever important market, the company has created a new conversion package for the stylish and frugal i10.

Built by the Hyundai's skilled craftsmen, the new range of specially converted i10's feature a unique rear compartment that has a raised roof which enables VIPs to be driven around in comfort regardless if they prefer to sit or stand. Considering that some world leaders could potentially be blamed for failing to rectify the economy, Hyundai decided to outfit the new model with a special lightweight composite dubbed Armor Protected Roof Integrated Lining.

With power being provided by a new 1.2-liter Kappa engine, fast getaways aren't exactly an i10 forte so in addition to the aforementioned APRIL body armor, the i10 also comes equipped with fully organic Weave Bean armor which is constructed of the "string" part of string beans. Weighing virtually nothing, the new armor is both stronger and lighter than traditional Kevlar.

According to a confidential source at the company, the first i10 conversion will go to a German customer who currently resides in Italy. Although he failed to specifically name the client, he did inform us that the specific model being prepared for this lucky VIP will feature unique tapestry woven by monks from the Indian city of Utta Bullacs.

As with all Hyundai's, the new i10 conversion comes with an extensive five year warranty that is fully transferable to new owners after general elections and military coups.

Kia Aero Soul

Kia Unveils Dramatic Wind-Assisted Aero-Soul

kia-wind-assisted-aero-soul_1.jpgkia-wind-assisted-aero-soul.jpg

How cool is this? Photos and details of the long-rumored Kia Aero-Soul concept have finally been revealed. The Korean automaker unveiled the wind-assisted version of the Soul, with sales to begin next month.

The vehicle uses a low-cost system that can mount to any products in Kia's line-up. Available with new cars and retroactively, the Air Propulsion and Retardation Installation Line uses sensors to detect wind speed as the Soul is driving down the highway. Once wind speed is at a strong enough rate, panels built into the bumpers are deployed to harness the wind power to assist in speeding up the car.

This system does not just work when the car is running at speed. When braking or decelerating the panels also pop out like drag chutes to help slow the car down. Also part of the system is a reverse thruster that drops down from behind the exhaust pipe to reduce the strain on the brakes.

From her Mabuk, Korea, office, Kia green-technology engineer Avril Babo said, "The big problem with most emission reduction systems is that they are expensive. We wanted to come up with an answer that didn't cost the earth and could be retrospectively applied to cars already on the road."

Testing in Nong Dam shows that fuel efficiency can be increased by 25%, with emissions reduced by as much as 40%. When using the system while on a severe downhill slope, fuel use and CO2 emissions drops to almost nothing. The system is even beneficial if you live in a calmer environment. Just using the system to help braking can reduce fuel use by 10%, decrease emissions by 15%, and extend brake-pad life by nearly 50%.

The Kia Aero-Soul concept, with the Air Propulsion and Retardation Installation Line, or A.P.R.I.L., will be available shortly. Pricing will be revealed closer to the release date.

Edited by Retrochink
↡ Advertisement

can fly, can swim, can drill underground somemore....hahaha

can teleport as well

↡ Advertisement