Another US shooting incident

Skylander

another crazy shooting in school, more dead than 14 bomb blasted in china [:(]

That's why people say USA is safe in the better communities, i always laugh.

Doesn't take more than a stray bullet to end the life of your kid.

• Praise 1

Do watch American History X. It's about racism.

It's my all-time personal favourite.

"Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it"

You know the director wanted to end it differently, but was denied by the studio, right? :D

The originally intended ending wasn't the sombre, life-affirming, "kumbaya" affair that made it into the final cut.

In the original ending, Edward Norton (playing the older brother) ends the movie shaving his head again - indicating that he's relapsed into his neo-Nazi ways to seek vengeance for his dead younger brother (played by Edward Furlong). The studio vehemently refused on the grounds that it was pro-Nazi/pro-hate (which, duh, it is). The director basically had a huge fight with the studio, tried disowning the movie, removing his name from the credits and everything.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

"I ran to the edge of the campus, down a hill and waited. From talking with a student in the classroom where it happen, almost every person in the room was shot by a man with four guns," Winder wrote.

This f**ker has 4 guns. Not one, FOUR.

EDITED (couldn't embed video)

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

about there and only few misses ...

The state's attorney general, Ellen Rosenblum, told the local NBC affiliate that 13 people had been slain and 20 wounded. Rosenblum's office did not return calls from Reuters seeking comment.

......... Student Cassandra Welding told CNN that she heard 35 to 40 shots.

• Praise 1

A crazy guy can just bring AK47 and blast away.

But since you can't prevent shooting incident in schools, all the teachers and students should just packed a gun and bring to class for self-defence.

It's a war zone.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

A crazy guy can just bring AK47 and blast away.

But since you can't prevent shooting incident in schools, all the teachers and students should just packed a gun and bring to class for self-defence.

It's a war zone.

These are still adolescents, they are not able to deal with some of the consequences of risk taking.

I mean if everyone ended up with a loaded weapon, surely more such incidents will occur.

Imagine those people being bullied in school. Won't take much to shoot the bully.

about there and only few misses ...

It's like shooting fish in a barrel if u aren't trying to kill a specific target. If u are trying to kill 2-3 targets amidst a crowd of people, that would be tough.

These are still adolescents, they are not able to deal with some of the consequences of risk taking.

I mean if everyone ended up with a loaded weapon, surely more such incidents will occur.

Imagine those people being bullied in school. Won't take much to shoot the bully.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel if u aren't trying to kill a specific target. If u are trying to kill 2-3 targets amidst a crowd of people, that would be tough.

Precisely.

That's what the Americans have dug themselves in; to a rabbit hole, with their rights to bear arms.

The same rights that can get their children killed.

• Praise 2

Precisely.

That's what the Americans have dug themselves in; to a rabbit hole, with their rights to bear arms.

I have linked stats from Vox before on this topic... attaching again after latest incident...

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/1/9437187/obama-guns-terrorism-deaths

Over ten thousand Americans are killed every year by gun violence. By contrast, so few Americans have been killed by terrorist attacks since 9/11 that, when you chart the two together, the terrorism death count approximates zero for every year except 2001. This comparison, if anything, understates the gap: Far more Americans die every year from (easily preventable) gun suicides than gun homicides.

The point Obama is making is clear: We spend huge amounts of money every year fighting terrorism, yet are unwilling, at the national level, to take even minor steps (like requiring background checks on all gun sales nationally) to stop gun violence.
"We spent over a trillion dollars, and passed countless laws, and devote entire agencies to preventing terrorist attacks on our soil, and rightfully so" Obama said. "And yet we have a Congress that explicitly blocks us from even collecting data on how we could potentially reduce gun deaths. How can that be?"

post-46412-0-39462300-1443752533_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

Precisely.

America is a land whereby defending the American Way is more important than anything else [shakehead][shakehead]

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

I find it an irony that while 2 US marines servicemen help prevent a potential massacre in France recently, the Americans cannot protect themeselves from extreme violence within their border.

According to Center for American Progress:

More Americans die in gun-related domestic violence in the last 26 years than total US soldiers KIA'd in wars since its indepedence from the British.

1027053900.jpg

Edited by Wishcumstrue
  • Praise 3

According to Center for American Progress:

More Americans die in gun-related domestic violence in the last 26 years than total US soldiers KIA'd in wars since its indepedence from the British.

The NRA is still blind to facts... forget stats...

Edited by ins1dious

The NRA is still blind to facts... forget stats...

See if u can find this documentary on netflix.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3675568/

It tells you how they (story mostly focuses on tobacco companies and anti-climate change fronts which are funded by oil companies) use the media to turn black into grey into white [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

See if u can find this documentary on netflix.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3675568/

It tells you how they (story mostly focuses on tobacco companies and anti-climate change fronts which are funded by oil companies) use the media to turn black into grey into white [lipsrsealed]

+1 nice... looking forward to it.

I remember a couple of years ago... there was a calling to get US Senators to wear stickers/patches like NASCAR drivers... with the logos of their top donors [laugh] If only that had gotten traction...

Would be easy to spot a shill when these senators give "their opinion" on a subject.

Cant help it but Charlton Heston comes to mind every time I read of another shooting spree incident.

Yep... I enjoyed a lot of his movies when growing up... but man... nowadays, it's not Ben Hur and Planet of the Apes I remember... only this effing video...

"from my cold, dead hands!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=9&v=ORYVCML8xeE

• Praise 3

You know the director wanted to end it differently, but was denied by the studio, right? :D

The originally intended ending wasn't the sombre, life-affirming, "kumbaya" affair that made it into the final cut.

In the original ending, Edward Norton (playing the older brother) ends the movie shaving his head again - indicating that he's relapsed into his neo-Nazi ways to seek vengeance for his dead younger brother (played by Edward Furlong). The studio vehemently refused on the grounds that it was pro-Nazi/pro-hate (which, duh, it is). The director basically had a huge fight with the studio, tried disowning the movie, removing his name from the credits and everything.

I didn't know that bro. Where to see the alternate ending?

EDIT: Ok, I goggled it and seems like it was not filmed.

Thanks for info. The movie would have ended totally different.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement