Another US shooting incident

Skylander

Oregon School Shooting Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore 10 Dead more than 20 Wounded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbmWmxBO0hI

US: Multiple deaths in school shooting in Oregon State

In the US at least 13 people have been killed in a shooting in Oregon State. It’s understood the gunman who was believed to be in his twenties is dead.

Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenbaum said at least 20 others were wounded at the Umpqua Community College campus of 3,000 pupils in Roseburg, Oregon,

It’s understood one of the wounded was a female who had been shot in the chest. There is no immediate information on the condition of the other wounded victims.

The Douglas County Sheriff’s office said on one social media site that officers had responded to a shooting at the college following emergency calls at just after 10.30 am local time.

The shooting is the latest incident of gun violence in the United States, raising demands for more gun control and more effective treatment of the mentally ill.

Recent episodes of gun violence include the massacre of nine people at a South Carolina church last spring and the killing of five US servicemen in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiF1ua6n2_w

Oregon Shooter Chris Harper Mercer- Umpqua Community College Shooting Police Response

10/1/2015 - Umpqua Community College Shooting Police and Fire Response, Douglas County, OR
Chris Harper Mercer has been identified as the gunman in the shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon

Police said 10 people were killed, including the 26-year-old gunman, and seven others were injured. Earlier reports were that there were up to 15 killed and more than 20 injured.

Little information has been released about Mercer. Here’s what we know so far about him and the shooting:

He Was Armed With 4 Guns & Was Killed After a Shootout With Police, Police said in radio transmissions that the gunman was inside a classroom in Snyder Hall when they arrived at about 10:40 a.m. The gunman exchanged fire with police, according to the officers on the scene.

He was armed with four guns, three handguns and an AR-15-style long gun

He Asked Students to State Their Religion & Then Started FiringWitnesses said the gunman told the students in a classroom to stand up and state their religion before he began firing away

Kortney Moore, an 18-year-old student, told the newspaper that she was in her writing class in Snyder Hall when a shot came through a window. She said she saw her teacher get shot in the head and the gunman entered the room, telling people to get on the ground. Moore said he then told people to stand up and state their religion, before firing away. She was lying on the ground with people who were shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz5hXMMoAXg

Edited by 2BDriver
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

I feel that it is right to allow every American to have guns, because it is a big country and people need guns to protect themselves. There may be people dying from guns every day , but I suspect that without guns, more will die without defence and deterrence. It is precisely this reasoning that guns have always been, and are still allowed in USA. There is a saying, the only thing that's going to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. Its just the lesser of two evil, a necessary evil.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 2

I feel that it is right to allow every American to have guns, because it is a big country and people need guns to protect themselves. There may be people dying from guns every day , but I suspect that without guns, more will die without defence and deterrence. It is precisely this reasoning that guns have always been, and are still allowed in USA. There is a saying, the only thing that's going to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. Its just the lesser of two evil, a necessary evil.

LOL,,,, I learned from my ex-NSF National Service very first lecture by commanders at below :

" If you want Peace ? Prepare for War ! "

• Praise 11

There is a saying, the only thing that's going to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. Its just the lesser of two evil, a necessary evil.

Nah..the good guy must have a bigger gun..

..hmm...sounds like, arms race. [laugh]

But on the other hand, you could just leave it to law enforcement officers to legally carry a weapon, and for everyone else it's illegal.

However, I agree to allow citizens to carry guns in rural areas and farmlands might be justifiable.

But then again, why didn't other big countries have such problem ?

A crazy guy can just bring AK47 and blast away.

But since you can't prevent shooting incident in schools, all the teachers and students should just packed a gun and bring to class for self-defence.

It's a war zone.

these type of shooting like ambush type very difficult to detect and response. normally the victims are comfortable with the gunman being there, maybe friend, schoolmate, churchmate, campmate etc so no reason to be suspicious and be prepared , Then suddenly gunman open fire....game over . those in the immediate vicinity don't have the equipment nor time to response. ultimately gunman will be kill but not without casualties. Best solution is not to have guns!

Nah..the good guy must have a bigger gun..

..hmm...sounds like, arms race. [laugh]

But on the other hand, you could just leave it to law enforcement officers to legally carry a weapon, and for everyone else it's illegal.

However, I agree to allow citizens to carry guns in rural areas and farmlands might be justifiable.

But then again, why didn't other big countries have such problem ?

Cause it is more like for immediate protection. You can outlaw guns doesn't mean there are no sources to procure it.

Police can't be everywhere anytime. Even for place like Singapore, which is like so many times smaller. I wish US can be like us, but in reality, it is not realistic.

And they will have to face problems like robbery (with or without guns), drug addicts who break in houses to steal valuables etc. These cases might end up with death if insufficient protection measures are in place themselves.

That's why the poor kid who made a clock was mistaken as a terrorist. There are too many cases causing people to be paranoid or jumpy. Bit who can blame them?

Cause it is more like for immediate protection. You can outlaw guns doesn't mean there are no sources to procure it.

Police can't be everywhere anytime. Even for place like Singapore, which is like so many times smaller. I wish US can be like us, but in reality, it is not realistic.

And they will have to face problems like robbery (with or without guns), drug addicts who break in houses to steal valuables etc. These cases might end up with death if insufficient protection measures are in place themselves.

That's why the poor kid who made a clock was mistaken as a terrorist. There are too many cases causing people to be paranoid or jumpy. Bit who can blame them?

It's a very complex issue.

There is a "Stand Your Ground Laws" which means you can shoot somebody who "intrude" your home in self-defence.

There are cases where people "intentionally" leave their windows or doors open and invite "trespassers" in and then shoot them dead.

• Praise 1

There is a "Stand Your Ground Laws" which means you can shoot somebody who "intrude" your home in self-defence.

There are cases where people "intentionally" leave their windows or doors open and invite "trespassers" in and then shoot them dead.

photo.jpg

Is this what you think? I think not la...

Cause your example reminds me of some politician or some radicals who said if a woman wear more revealing clothes, she is inviting men to rape her.

Opening doors or windows is a right. Everyone should not be subjected to abuse of any sorts from another. I know hard to draw line. But there nust be a certain tolerance to breach of rights.

I am friendly and welcome strangers to be friend me doesn't mean I can be subjected to abuse from the strangers. Just like Singapore, diplomacy first, then deterence.

Oh my bad.. very bad. After reading the second time, I misunderstood your post. Very very very sorry!

The poor kid who made a clock was profiled by the colour of his skin and his religion, make no mistake. Even after they had determined that was no bomb they still suspended him from school (not to mention the harsh police treatment). It's less about general paranoia and more about racism and Islamophobia.

If you look at the incidents of domestic terrorism in the US from 2010 onward, the majority of them were committed by white non-Muslims.

Getting back on topic, school shootings (I don't believe they're classified as terror attacks) are committed mostly by white Americans.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

The poor kid who made a clock was profiled by the colour of his skin and his religion, make no mistake. Even after they had determined that was no bomb they still suspended him from school (not to mention the harsh police treatment). It's less about general paranoia and more about racism and Islamophobia.

If you look at the incidents of domestic terrorism in the US from 2010 onward, the majority of them were committed by white non-Muslims.

Getting back on topic, school shootings (I don't believe they're classified as terror attacks) are committed mostly by white Americans.

Yes yes. Poor kid was subjected to that situation more because of rasicm. But back to the clock, what I meant was, if anyone would have brought something like that, it will definite create certain anxiety compared to like 15-20 years ago.

US President Obama: "Somehow shootings have become routine"

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/us-boy-11-kills-girl-eight-over-puppy

01-america-fuck-yeah.jpg

CHICAGO (AFP) - A simple childish fight over a puppy led an 11-year-old boy to shoot and kill his eight-year-old neighbour in the US state of Tennessee, the girl's grieving mother said.

Latasha Dyer said her daughter was playing outside when the boy asked to see her puppy. Little McKayla said "no" and shortly after was shot in the chest.

"When we first moved to White Pine, the little boy was bullying McKayla," Latasha Dyer told WATE 6 news in a video posted on the station's website Sunday (Oct 4).

"He was making fun of her, calling her names, just being mean to her. I had to go the principal about him and he quit for a while and then all of a sudden yesterday he shot her."

Dyer was overcome with emotion as she spoke to the local television station from the front steps of her mobile home in White Pine, Tennessee.

"I want her back in my arms, this is not fair, hold and kiss you're babies every night because you're never promised the next day with them," she said. "I hope the little boy learned his lesson because he took my baby's life - and I can't get her back."

She described her daughter as "a precious little girl, she was a mommy's girl, no matter how bad of a mood you were in she could always make you smile." Jefferson County Sheriff GW "Bud" McCoig said the boy has been charged with first degree murder and was being held in a juvenile detention center.

"Our prayers are with the families that are involved in the tragic incident," he said at a press conference.

The boy was inside his home when he shot the girl with his father's single-shot 12 gauge shotgun at about 7.30 pm Saturday, McCoig said.

"The two were neighbours and in this neighbourhood all the children would play together and knew each other and all attended school together," he said.

McCoig declined to release any further details, explaining that five other children live in the boy's home and two other children live in the girl's home and "we're trying to protect them, as much as they've been hurt by this tragedy."

Edited by Mockngbrd

Turbocharged

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/us-boy-11-kills-girl-eight-over-puppy

01-america-fuck-yeah.jpg

CHICAGO (AFP) - A simple childish fight over a puppy led an 11-year-old boy to shoot and kill his eight-year-old neighbour in the US state of Tennessee, the girl's grieving mother said.

Latasha Dyer said her daughter was playing outside when the boy asked to see her puppy. Little McKayla said "no" and shortly after was shot in the chest.

"When we first moved to White Pine, the little boy was bullying McKayla," Latasha Dyer told WATE 6 news in a video posted on the station's website Sunday (Oct 4).

"He was making fun of her, calling her names, just being mean to her. I had to go the principal about him and he quit for a while and then all of a sudden yesterday he shot her."

Dyer was overcome with emotion as she spoke to the local television station from the front steps of her mobile home in White Pine, Tennessee.

"I want her back in my arms, this is not fair, hold and kiss you're babies every night because you're never promised the next day with them," she said. "I hope the little boy learned his lesson because he took my baby's life - and I can't get her back."

She described her daughter as "a precious little girl, she was a mommy's girl, no matter how bad of a mood you were in she could always make you smile." Jefferson County Sheriff GW "Bud" McCoig said the boy has been charged with first degree murder and was being held in a juvenile detention center.

"Our prayers are with the families that are involved in the tragic incident," he said at a press conference.

The boy was inside his home when he shot the girl with his father's single-shot 12 gauge shotgun at about 7.30 pm Saturday, McCoig said.

"The two were neighbours and in this neighbourhood all the children would play together and knew each other and all attended school together," he said.

McCoig declined to release any further details, explaining that five other children live in the boy's home and two other children live in the girl's home and "we're trying to protect them, as much as they've been hurt by this tragedy."

Trivial remark - Names sound like a black neighborhood.

↡ Advertisement