Cooking Classes for Beginers

Spherex

1st lession

1) introduction of cooking utensils

2) how to wash cooking utensils

3) introduction of basic seasonings (i.e salt, pepper, sugar, sauce etc)

4) introduction of how to cut, wash and marinate food

2nd lesson

1) a trip to supermarket/wet market to select and buy raw materials.

2) how to make friends with sellers in wet market to get better discount in future

3rd lession

1) how to heat up the wok and the amt of oil to pour

2) how to fry an egg or how to cook instant noodle

3) how to boil water

hmm...better still sign up a cooking course in france that costs more than 10K, then write a blog to boast abt it like some scholar [scholar]

This lesson layout is good!!! Where to sign up???

↡ Advertisement

wah...if anyone who really needs to follow the lesson 1-3, he/she must be living like a pampered prince/princess in the family where the parents do not allow them to do basic household chores...i won't be surprise if they s--t/urine, their parents/maid will clean their private parts and the mess they leave behind..... [;)]

wah...if anyone who really needs to follow the lesson 1-3, he/she must be living like a pampered prince/princess in the family where the parents do not allow them to do basic household chores...i won't be surprise if they s--t/urine, their parents/maid will clean their private parts and the mess they leave behind..... [;)]

I'm not a pampered prince but my mother very strict and will not let me do any cooking in the kitchen. It is a forbidden place in the house for me and my bro. Even boiling of hot water and she will look over me like a hawk. Therefore I never really learned how to cook. Anyway I hate to eat her cooking and have been eating out since my poly days.

1st cooking experience was in SAF cooking my very own instant noodle. :D

I'm not a pampered prince but my mother very strict and will not let me do any cooking in the kitchen. It is a forbidden place in the house for me and my bro. Even boiling of hot water and she will look over me like a hawk. Therefore I never really learned how to cook. Anyway I hate to eat her cooking and have been eating out since my poly days.

1st cooking experience was in SAF cooking my very own instant noodle. :D

I also never get to learn how to cook, neither do my wife (her mum passed away before she got the chance to learn). I am actually interested in the 3 basic lessons mentioned above. Anyone has any recommendations?

I also never get to learn how to cook, neither do my wife (her mum passed away before she got the chance to learn). I am actually interested in the 3 basic lessons mentioned above. Anyone has any recommendations?

Yo Bro, so far any luck? Maybe share share a bit of my own experience. I started cooking about 5 yrs back and now i am the one cooking at home and wife only does the rice cooking and washes the dishes. In cooking, there's no right or wrong. You just have to have the interest in it and keep trying new dishes. For example, last month my wife and me went to SiChuan court at Raffles City to try their Wasabi Prawns. We loved it. What i did is come back home, did a google search, found the recipe and tried that out. Turned out not too bad but of course not to their standard. I can understand your difficulties if you do not even have the "basics" and have no idea how to start.

hmmm....how about this... we organise a group of guys (max. 4 cos my house quite small), we go buy ingredients and come my house, we cook and have lunch. We spilt the cost of buying the ingredients among ourselves. Course fee: $0. Sounds good?

The only time I will be available is on Sat morning. We can start the shopping at around 10am, cook and just about right for lunch.

didn't i post a link for you on the previous page. guess you never see it.

Hi,

Any recommendations of cooking classes for beginers?

Very elementary time for people with totally no background.

Thanks!!

Must go France. Only one recognized by gahmen.

didn't i post a link for you on the previous page. guess you never see it.

Ur that one cost a lot of $$$ and time. [sweatdrop]

Any cheaper ones at CC and after office hours like 7-9pm??? My CC here have cooking lesson, only S$50 and 7-9pm but not meant for beginner lah. More like intermediate, for those housewife who already know how to cook.

Twincharged

Any cheaper ones at CC and after office hours like 7-9pm??? My CC here have cooking lesson, only S$50 and 7-9pm but not meant for beginner lah. More like intermediate, for those housewife who already know how to cook.

go here : http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal...page_1&CWT=

cooking is not really rocket science, just need a little bit of heart and some general knowledge.

anyway, it might seem like "intermediate" but the trainer will always tell the class : "Please ask if you are not sure. Afterall you already paid for the class so i will answer all your questions."

.... just ask if you dunno or not sure, but try not to repeat the same question over and over again. [sweatdrop]

I am no cook but when the trainer said to seal up the chicken's backside after we put marinade into the chicken's tummy, it sound pretty straightforward - does not matter how I do it, but as long as i seal up the opening in the whole chicken to prevent the stuffing from dropping out.

another thing is, we cannot always follow the trainer's recommendation for time and temperature as we might all have different eqpt at home. so we must rely on our own sense of requirement and thru trial and error, we will surely come up with something that we wud like. [thumbsup]

I tink I had put the wrong message across.

What I need is some basic cooking lessons that intro me and my wife to the various spices, cooking styles and so on. We do not want to go to a cooking class and just follow what the chef is doing. Like monkey see monkey do.

We need someone to teach us the basic so that we can create our own dishes or make our instant noodles more delicious rather than just add in the msg packet.

Something like when I order noodles at food centre, they would do a mix of sauces. Then put the noodle in hot water, then into cold water and then into hot water. Take out, put in bowl of pre-mix and stir it. Add garnish + fish ball + mince meat. And serve to customer.

Last sunday, my wife n I tried to cook mee rubus. Bought the instant mix from supermarket and did it. End result, it was tasteless and yucky!!! We threw away the remaining and had tibits for dinner. [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Maybe you can be more specific about what you want to learn?

If you want such customised cooking lessons, it won't be cheap because it is personalised.

It could cost about $50 per session.

Let me know if you are still interested.

have you tried cook book? it really is useful.......

Just an update.

My wife enrolled in the CC cooking lesson near our place and last nite was the 1st lesson. Its S$55 for 8 lessons of chinese restaurant cooking.

According to her:

The cooking is done by the teacher and they were given notes to keep up with the lesson. They would crowd ard the stove as the teacher prepare the ingredients. The aunties were pretty territorial of where they wana stand, lucky my wife is tall and able to overlook the aunties. :D The teacher has at least five loyal fans who would attend her lessons even thou they themselves can cook very well. They would help the teacher along the way like preparing and cooking as the teacher spoke. These aunties must be very free and nothing better to do at home.

The ingredients fee was only S$3 per person and calculated by one of the teacher fans with receipt in front of everyone. Very transparent. [thumbsup]

Yes, its like watch cooking program on tv + a little of interaction.

Not too bad for a little start for us to learn how to cook. Oops, not for me to learn, more for my wife to learn and I get to eat the good food. :D Last nite was cuttlefish and herbal chicken.

Neutral Newbie

Just try to learn the basics first bro. And must have some interest as well. All in my family cooks. My father is a very good cook while...........I was stirring rice while cooking it. My father was [dizzy]:wacko::blink:[shakehead]

hmmm....how about this... we organise a group of guys (max. 4 cos my house quite small), we go buy ingredients and come my house, we cook and have lunch. We spilt the cost of buying the ingredients among ourselves. Course fee: $0. Sounds good?

The only time I will be available is on Sat morning. We can start the shopping at around 10am, cook and just about right for lunch.

mmm...sounds kinky, is it clothing optional? Can I take photos?

↡ Advertisement