Single and double zig zag yellow line

Bluepica

Since can't find any code online, not even SPF website, perhaps anyone here know this ruling. Though I SHOULD know it, but I guess many drivers is same as me [rolleyes]

1. Single yellow zig zag line on road side

2. double yellow zig zag line on road side

↡ Advertisement

Since can't find any code online, not even SPF website, perhaps anyone here know this ruling. Though I SHOULD know it, but I guess many drivers is same as me [rolleyes]

Double zig-zag means no stopping.... even on hazard lights also cannot. Die die have to keep moving...

While single zig-zag is just no parking. But note... they have a rather stringent definition of parking.

the definitions are so unclear lor... go one big round to say Waiting = Parking

Its quite simple. No stopping even for dropping off at a double yellow zigzag line, while you can do that for a single yellow zig zag line. The rest of it is the same.

why do they classify waiting as parking?

why don't you write into the papers and LTA to clarify? and then let us know.

At some places (eg Balestier Rd), people don't care and don't get caught even during peak hours, so not much diff in the end.

Just dun be caught parking at zig-zag lines, be it single or double. There's a fine + demerit points!

Turbocharged

why do they classify waiting as parking?

park means to bring a vehicle to a stationery position and cause it to wait for any purpose other than that of immediate taking up or setting down of goods, person or luggage.

Edited by Dafansu

1. No parking at all times. Vehicles can pickup and let passengers alight at these places. Violation is 3 demerit points and $120 fine.

2. No stopping at all times. Same penalty as above

Supersonic

My english not so good, so let's revisit this again.

I'm trying to read in-between the lines. [:p]

According to LTA website :

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/modifications_and_vehoffences/vehicle_related_offences/illegal_parking.html

11. Single yellow zig-zag line along the side of the road (offence attracts demerit points)

No parking at all times on this side of the road and on the public footpath adjacent to the road.

--> Does this mean you can stop to alight passengers or load/unload goods ?

12. Double yellow zig-zag lines along the side of the road (offence attracts demerit points)

No stopping at all times on this side of the road and on the public footpath adjacent to the road.

--> Does this mean you can park there ?

13. Single white zig-zag line (offence attracts demerit points)

No stopping at all times on this road.

Turbocharged

i think single you can stop to drop or pick people whilst double is strictly NO to everything. 

however, have you guys seen double being drawn in front of landed houses near eatery? so, owners of those houses cannot drop of taxi or stop their csrs to open their gate? hahaha

LTA draw also shoukd open their eyes lor. 

My english not so good, so let's revisit this again.

I'm trying to read in-between the lines. [:p]

According to LTA website :

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/modifications_and_vehoffences/vehicle_related_offences/illegal_parking.html

11. Single yellow zig-zag line along the side of the road (offence attracts demerit points)

No parking at all times on this side of the road and on the public footpath adjacent to the road.

--> Does this mean you can stop to alight passengers or load/unload goods ?

12. Double yellow zig-zag lines along the side of the road (offence attracts demerit points)

No stopping at all times on this side of the road and on the public footpath adjacent to the road.

13. Single white zig-zag line (offence attracts demerit points)

No stopping at all times on this road.

if u can park without stopping...  

you can do 12 and 13!!! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1