Pls recommend the good cakes in Singapore

Milo

i hate to agree with that, tried many other which is cheaper in price but nothing come close to Bengawan Solo.

Yes it's nice, Han's also not bad, can try

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

CNN names pandan cake as Singapore's national cake, promotes Pine Garden and Bengawan Solo

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/cnn-names-pandan-cake-as-singapores-national-cake-promotes-pine-garden-and-bengawan

Waiting for letter to go and collect my pandan cake. National cake hor 大事件。

I not tam sim, propose each Singaporean household one month entitled to one national cake, regardless of rented, 1-room, 2-room or Sentosa Cove, but must be pink teng kee.

Presidential Hopefuls please take note.

[:)]

You Doctor?

[laugh]

Actually come to think of it which one they are refering to coz I'm thinking about their Pandan Kaya Cake....

This I like very much.

1.jpg

This not so much. LoL...

d05d6610170a94f0cb853be7d3ddc83d.jpg

Edited by Watwheels

Actually come to think of it which one they are refering to coz I'm thinking about their Pandan Kaya Cake....

This I like very much.

1.jpg

This not so much. LoL...

d05d6610170a94f0cb853be7d3ddc83d.jpg

Oh ya hor, now that u say I re-read

Ya referring to the pandan chiffon cake not the pandan kaya cake

• Praise 1

The Straits Times either not edited by Singaporean or we've lost our dialect roots. Ma Lai Go (Hong Kong) in the original CNN also can copy becomes Mai Lai Go (Thai?) .. Last time my Indian neighbor can speak better Cantonese than me.

Isn't Ma Lai Go an improvised Malay Kueh with Gula melaka?

The mai lai go at tim ho wan in hk is the same one we buy from the market. I buy from thr market and re-steam them, taste as good the the restaurant one.
  • Praise 1

I also say lor. But bro, it's ma lai go, not mai lai go.

Sorry, keena influence by the article. Cannot edit.

Can also buy frm ntuc , sheng shiong or swee heng. So easily available, that why never order ma lai go from thw.

I have tried the Bengawan Solo version, it is good. Amongst the best compared to other cake shops. My opinion.

Agreed, Bengawan Solo Pandan cake is better than Pine Garden.

I find Pine Garden pandan cake way too sweet and pandan flavor too mild.

• Praise 11

(edited)

I like the pandan and banana cake from Toast Box but it's overpriced imho. Does anyone know their supplier?

Edited by Altis72
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

I like the pandan and banana cake from Toast Box but it's overpriced imho. Does anyone know their supplier?

Aren't they under breadtalk?

I have my doubts following the soy bean milk saga :p

toast box and breadtalk are the same company, whatever you eat in toast box come from breadtalk, no doubt about it    :D

toast box and breadtalk are the same company, whatever you eat in toast box come from breadtalk, no doubt about it    :D

oooh, does that mean the dough used to make bread talk bread come from Din Tai Fung?  :grin:

oooh, does that mean the dough used to make bread talk bread come from Din Tai Fung?  :grin:

wrong, it should be the dough used to make the skin of xiao long bao come from breadtalk,

must always remember breadtalk come first   [laugh]  [laugh]

wrong, it should be the dough used to make the skin of xiao long bao come from breadtalk,

must always remember breadtalk come first   [laugh]  [laugh]

:grin:

5465449.jpg

• Praise 1

Bangawa solo pandan cake is overpriced.

I agree. Tried one because of the national cake thingy. $15 for a cake.  [speechless]

Not buying another one. Let the tourists buy.

• Praise 2

Actually u can try 4leaves banana cake.. Cos my partner very picky with food and she said they sell nice banana cake.. they have 2 version if i'm not wrong.. U have to try both cos i forget which version is the nice one [:p] As for pandan cake.. any cake shop tat sells heavily toast pandan cake is nice liao [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2