Hyundai Genesis Coupe Coming!?

Zirco

All the while I thought the Genesis Coupe was going to be a left hand drive only model. But I found this article online:

"Hyundai was initially preparing to sell produce the Genesis Coupe only with the steering wheel on the left.

But a push by right-hand drive countries such as Australia could change that

not sure if it will take off here

the large cc engine means it is going to cos a lot in road toax and insurance would probably be very high

also have to compete with the equally competent nissan 370Z

market is very tight.

i doubt it will be priced competitively as they can will likely bring it in on indent basis only.

It might not be cheap! People might still go for Honda type-r or golf or sti or evo. Rear wheel drive so what? Can get 2nd is250 or bmw.

Neutral Newbie

oh my since komoco has spoken about bringing the genesis coupe in, looks like there is indeed hope for a RHD. lets hope its gonna be true!

Neutral Newbie

aiyah as long as they provide the platform at a decent price, people will buy. I am talking about the 2.0T model. There's currently no turbo-charged, RWD car on our shores (i'm talking about cars that are still on sale, so S15 don't count).

The reason is because as long as there is a basic turbo... it's easy to do an ECU tune or some other stuffs like CBE and air intake, instant horsepower without infringing on the law. Depending on how 'tiong' is the person, the potential can be limitless. 6-700hp evos and rexes are around... so don't expect this to be different. Even Hyundai in USA sent their genesis coupe out to various aftermarket shops to tune it up, so aftermarket support should be strong.

The engine is shared with the Evo X's 4B11, but I think it's just an open deck design in the genesis coupe... which makes it a little bit weaker - but nothing a little aftermarket part cannot solve for a reasonable amount of money. Again, overall similarities with the Evo X's engine simply means more interchangable parts for both cars (hint hint).

Edited by Maffie

aiyah as long as they provide the platform at a decent price, people will buy. I am talking about the 2.0T model. There's currently no turbo-charged, RWD car on our shores (i'm talking about cars that are still on sale, so S15 don't count).

The reason is because as long as there is a basic turbo... it's easy to do an ECU tune or some other stuffs like CBE and air intake, instant horsepower without infringing on the law. Depending on how 'tiong' is the person, the potential can be limitless. 6-700hp evos and rexes are around... so don't expect this to be different. Even Hyundai in USA sent their genesis coupe out to various aftermarket shops to tune it up, so aftermarket support should be strong.

The engine is shared with the Evo X's 4B11, but I think it's just an open deck design in the genesis coupe... which makes it a little bit weaker - but nothing a little aftermarket part cannot solve for a reasonable amount of money. Again, overall similarities with the Evo X's engine simply means more interchangable parts for both cars (hint hint).

wah! [thumbsup]

very informative.