Hurray! Achieved 12.88km/L for 2005 auto cerato HB!

Whyeme

Shifting to neutral while the car is in motion should only be done with a manual gearbox and even then it should only be done when you know you are coming to a stop at the traffic lights. I don't see any danger in that since you are gonna stop anyway and might as well shift to neutral earlier. Downside is you are wearing out the brakes.

I always see stupid drivers who accelerate to the red lights because they want to beat you to it. Congrats to them for trying to convince themselves only that they have better brakes and wasting fuel and brakes.

Your FC is quite impressive considering the fact that its a mixture of highway and city and you and your wife's driving style and that the car weighs 1280kgs with a 1.6L non-variable valve timing engine.

↡ Advertisement

Shifting to neutral while the car is in motion should only be done with a manual gearbox and even then it should only be done when you know you are coming to a stop at the traffic lights. I don't see any danger in that since you are gonna stop anyway and might as well shift to neutral earlier. Downside is you are wearing out the brakes.

I always see stupid drivers who accelerate to the red lights because they want to beat you to it. Congrats to them for trying to convince themselves only that they have better brakes and wasting fuel and brakes.

Your FC is quite impressive considering the fact that its a mixture of highway and city and you and your wife's driving style and that the car weighs 1280kgs with a 1.6L non-variable valve timing engine.

yes its quite surprising to get such FC figure. but i wont put to neutral anymore while car is moving cos din know for auto gearbox it will harm the torque converter. even though rental also cannot spoil other ppl car...haha

the car is fully stock with steel rims

yes its quite surprising to get such FC figure. but i wont put to neutral anymore while car is moving cos din know for auto gearbox it will harm the torque converter. even though rental also cannot spoil other ppl car...haha

the car is fully stock with steel rims

May I know how you calculated your FC?

good info [thumbsup]

Maybe the car ecu just starts to learn your driving style and adjusting to it. Kia's ecu abit retarded. U try again w/o free playing your gear. Anyway you are not driving a manual don't do that, its very dangerous.

Can be achieved for the usually known korean "drinker" my preiovus getz 1.3A had achieved 12.2km/l in average. And when switch to 30wt oil it was more impressive, returing of 13+km/l, however as I track my FC YTD it still maintain ard 12.2km/l

My travel pattern can be almost 60HW/40 city. And times 50/50 cos of heavy traffic at AYE

Can be achieved for the usually known korean "drinker" my preiovus getz 1.3A had achieved 12.2km/l in average. And when switch to 30wt oil it was more impressive, returing of 13+km/l, however as I track my FC YTD it still maintain ard 12.2km/l

My travel pattern can be almost 60HW/40 city. And times 50/50 cos of heavy traffic at AYE

wow good FC! perhaps also cos getz is not very heavy? kerb weight ard 1130kg

Aiyo....korean FC still cannot make it ah? Have to try so hard just to hit above 12km/l. That's my only problem with MIK cars. Nice to look at (older models excepted) but why oh why do they not spend more time on their engines?

U try to load full load for a MIJ car of the same cat and try moving.. U will know the difference and you will wonder who should improve on engine..

finally! my 5th tank of SPC92 returned 12.88km/L...but i did try my best to let the car roll (neutral gear) down slopes whenever possible...I drive 70% of the time, wife 30%. She dun care abt FC and rams engine to 3.5k-4k RPM change gear... [sweatdrop]

hehe congrats.but no prize also.

Thanks but do note that my drive is by no means slow. Always drive with A/C.

What I do realised is that I have to reach the crusing speed in the shortest possible time and then maintain it and FC will be respectable.

Bro, no offence ah but are u going to keep monitoring the FC like this for the rest of your car ownership? Don't u feel stress at all? Just let it be lah, since u decided to choose this make and model u should have prepared for the kind of FC it give. For me i have long given up the habit of monitoring FC, no matter what still 1 tank per week for my usage, at most +/- 1 day nia. My point is don't let FC issue overrule the joy of driving the car. Cheers.

Bro, no offence ah but are u going to keep monitoring the FC like this for the rest of your car ownership? Don't u feel stress at all? Just let it be lah, since u decided to choose this make and model u should have prepared for the kind of FC it give. For me i have long given up the habit of monitoring FC, no matter what still 1 tank per week for my usage, at most +/- 1 day nia. My point is don't let FC issue overrule the joy of driving the car. Cheers.

i second that. why keep having saving fuel in the back of the mind while driving, and be conscious of how you drive will affect the fc ? for me, if i want to accelerate hard and fast to keep up with the traffic condition, i just do it without hesitation. like that more shiok and less stressful . afterall, we already pay so much for ownership of car, why deprive yourself of the joy ? .

Edited by Vextan

thks for your advice mate but i do not intend to monitor FC for the rest of my car ownership. its something i thought would be sort of an achievement to see the best fc i can squeeze out from this rental cerato since many have condemned it to bits.

ultimately its just something we sometimes do, like trying to break our best 2.4km run timing, or whatever. can do, shiok. cant do, neber mind.

achieving a breakthru in fc can also be a joy. sometimes. [flowerface]

I beg to differ... Its a kind of joy and challenge sometimes to get higher and higher FC.... Look at it this way... if driving bread and butter car, how fast can it go?? Lut liao also buay song, still so slow... somemore will kena fine and cause danger to others using the road...

Just for fun, wun stress...

I beg to differ... Its a kind of joy and challenge sometimes to get higher and higher FC.... Look at it this way... if driving bread and butter car, how fast can it go?? Lut liao also buay song, still so slow... somemore will kena fine and cause danger to others using the road...

Just for fun, wun stress...

agreed bro...no stress!

wonder how come got stress in the 1st place hor? [laugh]

Hi all,

I'm contemplating buying a 2nd hand cerato HB. Petrol not to worry as company covering for me. But I'd like to have a mechanic come by to the dealers' place to inspect the vehicle before i buy it leh. anyone knows a reliable and helpful mechanic who can help me with it? after i buy the car i'll let him handle the car for me from now on......

↡ Advertisement