Toyota Voxy/Noah/Esquire

Kungfu

haha... someone said my new car looks like school bus. I guess we are all mature adults and no longer swayed by what others think. As u said the only thing that matters to us is what our loved ones think

Anyway these type of cars is used to transport celebrities. Even Obama sat in such boxy car. Reason is comfortable of course. And this is the sole reason why we buy... to provide a comfortable and spacious ride for those who matters the most

I remember last time no such boxy cars on sales... was very disappointed. Then sometime last year, suddenly many PI annouced that they are bringing back Freed, Sienta and ISIS. I was so elated when I heard of this news. Then followed by Mazda bring Biante in... then Noah! Now we have so many choices for boxy cars. I guess I will never appreciate puny cars such as sedans, akin to why others can never like boxy cars.

I guess part of the reason why I alway have a thing for big boxy car is due to the 80s transformers. Those powerful robots are those that are huge, like optimus prime, omega supreme, devasator. Puny car like bumblebee are like sidekicks.

I like your metaphors mpv lover ;-)

There was a saying in a movie pretty crude but accurate

"Opinions are like ass*oles, everybody's got one & everyone's thinks everyone else's stinks."

There quite a number of folk in this forum & yes in Japan & Hong Kong who share the same opinion of the triplets...yes & I bet there are many who also think our opinions stink!! & likewise we may feel their choice of wheels stink too .personally i try not to bash other cars design..I try only hor i am still human too...but seriously i never take offence over remarks on my choice of camera , car, house, clothes, furniture blah blah blah....luckily not too many negatives i hear about ...but even if i do hear why bother...life too short lar! & why waste time feeding the negative trolls...they too have an ass*hole ..oppps opinion i mean lol!!

↡ Advertisement

Reason is comfortable of course. And this is the sole reason why we buy... to provide a comfortable and spacious ride for those who matters the most...

Yes, agree with mpv and Z234.

Not surprised if these triplets will be more popular than wish/stream in mths/yrs to come when more people realised how spacious the car is with superb luggage carrying capacity.....not to mention good fuel consumption, nice hight seating driving position, reasonable specs, bomb proof toyota reliability etc.

Even now, less people can claimed that mpvs are lousy to drive or drive like a van/bus.

They just need to drive once....to appreciate the advantages of an mpv compared to a normal saloon.

Hypersonic

Ahh ok ..thanks for sharing, this is interesting as my friend insisted on a spare tyre from the VW. technically with the self healing he would not need one well at least from the time of puncture...unless the sidewall was impacted.

Anyways he enjoys long drives including road trips to Thailand. So the spare tyre may come in handy.

the thing is spare tire would take up a lot of space as there is no spare tire well designed into the car

and for long trips, space is a premium

if self sealing can really prevent nails from puncturing the tires, a big proportion of puncture risk would be taken away

sidewall puncture seldom happens

So the Noah has a spare tyre well under the lid at the back. Its not under the car where it gets dirty and you get dirty trying to remove it too. I imagine the same wheel well is also found in the Voxy and Esquire.

An alternative is to get one of those aftermarket tyre sealer and inflator. They work well (not for large punctures/cuts, sidewalls though) and the gunk that they leave behind in the tyre can be easily removed by submerging the tyre in water. Then the damage can be repaired. I always have two cans in my car. Declaration: I work for one of these tyre inflator brand.

For me I do not even want to do. weather so hot and dun wanna dirty my hands. Tow truck is the way. I do agree that if go Malaysia then maybe need to learn how to diY

The only good thing for me was extra safety from rear crash. Then again the car also so big.. The crumple zone is sufficient for most crash. Assuming third row is also used for crumble zone. Anyway the third row is better protected than my old wish. Wish boot space so small how to protect. I saw elgrand in showroom... the boot space is super small. Was surprised. Thought should be of same tier as alphaRd.

The boot space for crumble zone is a bit like wish

Biante carries spare tire.

Yup. I purposely opened the boot to inspect when at show room. The down side is the boot space much smaller than noah. Up side is safety

For me I do not even want to do. weather so hot and dun wanna dirty my hands. Tow truck is the way. I do agree that if go Malaysia then maybe need to learn how to diY

The only good thing for me was extra safety from rear crash. Then again the car also so big.. The crumple zone is sufficient for most crash. Assuming third row is also used for crumble zone. Anyway the third row is better protected than my old wish. Wish boot space so small how to protect. I saw elgrand in showroom... the boot space is super small. Was surprised. Thought should be of same tier as alphaRd.

The boot space for crumble zone is a bit like wish

Yup. I purposely opened the boot to inspect when at show room. The down side is the boot space much smaller than noah. Up side is safety

The spare tire placed I the tire well actually enhance the crumble zone. For me the boot space, even when the 3rd row bench pushed back to the max, is enough for my weekly grocery shopping trips, so no complains. If need be, just shift the 2nd and 3rd row seats slightly forward to create the required space. Very flexible unlike those with fixed position 3rd row which is either up or down. But of course every car has pros and cons lah.

(edited)

The spare tire placed I the tire well actually enhance the crumble zone. For me the boot space, even when the 3rd row bench pushed back to the max, is enough for my weekly grocery shopping trips, so no complains. If need be, just shift the 2nd and 3rd row seats slightly forward to create the required space. Very flexible unlike those with fixed position 3rd row which is either up or down. But of course every car has pros and cons lah.

Agree. The fixed third row means I cannot shift the third rows more front for even more crumple zone. I like the flip up design though. Very easy to flip. No need clear floor board. My old wish super troublesome.

Edited by mpv_lover

(edited)

So happy with the plastic of the car. Last time I do not understand what ppl here meant by hard plastic... was thinking all plastic are hard if not they will be called cotton.

Even when I was driving g wish... I have no idea why ppl here says hard plastic feels lousy. It was only until someone side swipe me from behind... I got free courtesy car from the guy... lancer... then I was shocked how come lancet plastic more flexible and more luxurious than the more expensive wish....from then onwards... I see wish plastic super sian..

Now at long last drive a car with no hard plastic. Dunno it's mental or not... even the dust that fall on the plastic now do not seems so obvious...any one drove wish before? The plastic really lousy

Edited by mpv_lover

any idea if the auto folding side mirrors can be disabled?

If your side mirror autofold when locking the car is factory fitted, look for the button that shows the pict of sidemirror, can choose manual folding or auto folding accordingly.

If your side mirror autofold when locking the car is factory fitted, look for the button that shows the pict of sidemirror, can choose manual folding or auto folding accordingly.

Thanks. But there is no button. It's a knob and does not seem to allow disable

Thanks. But there is no button. It's a knob and does not seem to allow disable

Have. Beside the know there's a switch. Push up to fold, neutral to auto fold on lock, push down to disable auto fold. Something like this. Can't remember the exact sequence.

Switch is at where your autoLock, window buttons are. One of then is for side mirror. It's not like wish where it's at the dashboard.

Edited by Petamore

Found the button. Thanks

I suggest all not to use auto folding. reason being that the motor inside will eventually wear out. and when that happens the workshops here will say they cannot fix... have to replace the entire motor assembly. And u know our car is rare. So got to go stockist to buy. And I think stockists will not have ready stocks. If order by ship will take 3 months.

Previously read from ppl here that auto folding it's just a matter of time before motor wears off. I was septical then.

After which my wish right motor starts to sometime fold and sometimes half... eventually cannot move. Can hear motor clicking... thought was unlucky that's all. Then a few months later the left motor also gone.

Edited by mpv_lover

Found the button. Thanks

I suggest all not to use auto folding. reason being that the motor inside will eventually wear out. and when that happens the workshops here will say they cannot fix... have to replace the entire motor assembly. And u know our car is rare. So got to go stockist to buy. And I think stockists will not have ready stocks. If order by ship will take 3 months.

Previously read from ppl here that auto folding it's just a matter of time before motor wears off. I was septical then.

After which my wish right motor starts to sometime fold and sometimes half... eventually cannot move. Can hear motor clicking... thought was unlucky that's all. Then a few months later the left motor also gone.

Perhaps, but I dont think so.

Have used the vellfire for 4-5 yrs with autolding always leave it to ON......no problems.

Probably, the autofold issues are those that are done aftermarket (not factory fitted), shop insert autofold module, like what I did for my previous older generation lexus RX400H (no problems but sold it off after a short while so unable to comment). (Wish I think have no autofold features, same like estima/previa).

Have used the vellfire for 4-5 yrs with autolding always leave it to ON......no problems.

Probably, the autofold issues are those that are done aftermarket (not factory fitted), shop insert autofold module, like what I did for my previous older generation lexus RX400H (no problems but sold it off after a short while so unable to comment). (Wish I think have no autofold features, same like estima/previa).

I see. Not sure if that is after market though. It happens 6 to 7 years to life

U drive vellfire. very shiok right? What is the difference with alphard? Just exterior looks?

Edited by mpv_lover

I experienced mpv lover situation. 7 years of use and ...

Side mirror folding is a mechanism that is factory fitted. After market installation controls mirror to fold on lock.

It's the mechanism / folding motor that spoils due to wear and tear and for mine over 7 years. Whole side mirror has to be replaced. Damage $500. Whether Voxy's side mirror is more hardy than the Wish's, we'll know years later or may not happen before the car is sold.

I would still prefer autofold because it's better than not folding and someone twist the mirror to look at their suavvy hair or knock it off due to butt power or hits it off due to poor parking skills. The damage has to be incurred now instead of years later which may or may not happen.

I would still prefer autofold because it's better than not folding and someone twist the mirror to look at their suavvy hair or knock it off due to butt power or hits it off due to poor parking skills. The damage has to be incurred now instead of years later which may or may not happen.

I like auto-fold mechanism because I would know that the car has been locked when the mirrors are folded. No need second guess, form far can see that my previous has been locked.

↡ Advertisement