Toyota Voxy/Noah/Esquire

Kungfu

(edited)

Oh. Didn't realise the 3rd row for Ody is a bench.

But the 3rd row can fold flat? That is what I am looking for.

The deployment employed in Biante and Noah is similar to the one used in Honda Freed?

Noah same as freed in deployment. Biante like cinema seat fold up and then slide forward to second row. Lesser space. To be fair cos it cannot deploy like Noah since its very meaty and comfortable Edited by mpv_lover
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Thanks. I also managed to figure out all functions of the car... the manual was in Japanese.... headache

Yet to try 1.8 car park. Will not risk it.

Sound proofing car so need to strip to bare metal...

fwah...you took possession of a new car and willing to strip it down to do sound proofing

you must really trust your installer

[sweatdrop]

fwah...you took possession of a new car and willing to strip it down to do sound proofing

you must really trust your installer

[sweatdrop]

Yup. I engaged them before and know their skills and very trustworthy.

Left my laptop in their workshop... called owner at night and he went back open shop for me to take. He also came to my place to troubleshoot issues... anyway I trust them

Hypersonic

Left my laptop in their workshop... called owner at night and he went back open shop for me to take. He also came to my place to troubleshoot issues... anyway I trust them

Good that you trust them

I rather live with it unless really unbearable

Then again if unbearable won't buy the car already

Even the best installer sometimes gets distracted esp during major and long jobs

A forgotten screw or bolt here and there could lead to worse problems later on

That's my view anyway lah

😅

Good that you trust them

I rather live with it unless really unbearable

Then again if unbearable won't buy the car already

Even the best installer sometimes gets distracted esp during major and long jobs

A forgotten screw or bolt here and there could lead to worse problems later on

That's my view anyway lah

😅

Hmm..haha I have quite a different perspective. I'm quite demanding on sound proofing so it's a must no matter what car.

There were minor mistakes made by the installer but they rectified immediately... no stress

Oh. Didn't realise the 3rd row for Ody is a bench.

But the 3rd row can fold flat? That is what I am looking for.

The deployment employed in Biante and Noah is similar to the one used in Honda Freed?

Yes, its a bench. See here: http://www.honda.co.jp/ODYSSEY/webcatalog/interior/?from=ODY_usability#useful

If you have a 7-seater and you fold the 3rd row away, you end up with just 4 seats.

I like how the Noah/Voxy 3rd row seats split and fold up to the side. You can do that with just one hand - pull a lever and the seat folds away. So easy, even my daughter did it with one hand. For those seats that fold downwards and flat, you have to clear the floor first. See video from 1.30min: http://toyota.jp/noah/?padid=ag001_i_carlineup_search

This thread is dangerous - may potentially cost me >$150K .....

HI there, glad to meet other's in the Noah/Voxy/Esquire fraternity

Can i inquire where you got your soundproofing done? what's the damage?

BTW, i have been driving a Noah G for 11 months already....still enjoying it very much

I transferred my old am & speakers from old car, the car acoustics are amazing!! nice & roomy better than listening to music in my house lol...be interesting to soundproof...willing to try if not too expensive

also guys anyone keen on some aftermarket poison

I am aiming for Cusco strut bars for the front & back...called the Cusco office some weeks ago who asked me to call Micheal ...never followed up since...maybe we can do a group buy ;-)

http://www.cusco.co.jp/en/pdf/ENG-2014AUG%20VOXY.pdf

(edited)

HI there, glad to meet other's in the Noah/Voxy/Esquire fraternity

Can i inquire where you got your soundproofing done? what's the damage?

BTW, i have been driving a Noah G for 11 months already....still enjoying it very much

I transferred my old am & speakers from old car, the car acoustics are amazing!! nice & roomy better than listening to music in my house lol...be interesting to soundproof...willing to try if not too expensive

also guys anyone keen on some aftermarket poison

I am aiming for Cusco strut bars for the front & back...called the Cusco office some weeks ago who asked me to call Micheal ...never followed up since...maybe we can do a group buy ;-)

http://www.cusco.co.jp/en/pdf/ENG-2014AUG%20VOXY.pdf

By the way the start stop function make a engine start sound everything u drive off right? And it revert to default of enabling everytime u start the car.

U should try sound proof af least the doors. The speakers will be more powerful and better bass.

Did mine at auto image enterprise. I do not want to be seem as practising favorism...but they are indeed good. u can talk to the boss to see it yourself.

Edited by mpv_lover

By the way the start stop function make a engine start sound everything u drive off right? And it revert to default of enabling everytime u start the car.

U should try sound proof af least the doors. The speakers will be more powerful and better bass.

Did mine at auto image enterprise. I do not want to be seem as practising favorism...but they are indeed good. u can talk to the boss to see it yourself.

Yes, start stop will auto start each time you start a new drive. I think part of the deal for Toyota in getting some environmental points for this car

Was in japan late last year...most cars there even small 800cc engines have start stop, suspect the starter's being manufactured now are more hardy..according to my info display i think i have saved some 100 litres (if i recall correctly) !! with my start stop..i usually engage at traffic lights more than 1 minute long waits.

Thanks for sharing Auto image..hmm the one beside Vkool in Sin Ming...yes i did drop by before when i was doing my vkool..the boss was very nice & they looked professional outfit

Are you using a h/u that can support Android, the set i got is a Pionner (lower end i assume...only Iphone..dun think it will support the "car play" for iphone even (never checked)..no iphone ;-)

Will check it out Auto image

BTW just to share...our car been awarded 5 Stars from JNCAP

Testing videos here:

JNCAP website:

http://www.nasva.go.jp/mamoru/en/car_detail/178

(edited)

Yes, start stop will auto start each time you start a new drive. I think part of the deal for Toyota in getting some environmental points for this car

Was in japan late last year...most cars there even small 800cc engines have start stop, suspect the starter's being manufactured now are more hardy..according to my info display i think i have saved some 100 litres (if i recall correctly) !! with my start stop..i usually engage at traffic lights more than 1 minute long waits.

Thanks for sharing Auto image..hmm the one beside Vkool in Sin Ming...yes i did drop by before when i was doing my vkool..the boss was very nice & they looked professional outfit

Are you using a h/u that can support Android, the set i got is a Pionner (lower end i assume...only Iphone..dun think it will support the "car play" for iphone even (never checked)..no iphone ;-)

Will check it out Auto image

BTW just to share...our car been awarded 5 Stars from JNCAP

Testing videos here:

JNCAP website:

http://www.nasva.go.jp/mamoru/en/car_detail/178

The bad thing abt start stop is that can hear engine sound everything when start. Also draggy acceleration blocking cars behind. One funny thing is that now cars no longer horn me even if I forget to move off at green or travelling slow with no car in front. Guess they thought there are cars in front of me cos they can't see any thing cos of the height haha

Mine only does iPhone. But I did not use it. I prefer dvd for better quality. Too bad now no blu ray Hu. Does yours support dual layer? Mine will skip when reach the second layer

Any idea if possible to get the default Hu? I think it's 10 inches and flush in v nicely with the border. Now the pioneer 7 inches does not flush and is angled differently

The crash video very scary. yours comes with front airbags only?

Edited by mpv_lover

(edited)

The bad thing abt start stop is that can hear engine sound everything when start. Also draggy acceleration blocking cars behind. One funny thing is that now cars no longer horn me even if I forget to move off at green or travelling slow with no car in front. Guess they thought there are cars in front of me cos they can't see any thing cos of the height haha

Mine only does iPhone. But I did not use it. I prefer dvd for better quality. Too bad now no blu ray Hu. Does yours support dual layer? Mine will skip when reach the second layer

Any idea if possible to get the default Hu? I think it's 10 inches and flush in v nicely with the border. Now the pioneer 7 inches does not flush and is angled differently

The crash video very scary. yours comes with front airbags only?

Have you tried to turn off the ECO mode? You burn more fuel but when i use this mode the car is zoom zooom zoom & i am first off the traffic lights.

If not tried, do try...i am sure you will be pleasantly surprised....the power is nice. WARNING: can be addictive & bad for FC & pocket ;-)

Yes, i too play DVDs, was hoping to get the HU play my MPEG4s or downloaded movies so far no success ;-(

I think it supports dual layer....did not notice the skipping though...you mean it skips once? or continues to skip...if continues to skip i do not experince that.

Default h/u....painfully expensive & probably you can try to get from Alpine reseller/ditributor in SG or try rakuten japan or global...not sure about the language settings though..it will cost Yen 183,241 (aprox SGD$2234)

Japan H/u cme with the Japan ETC (intergrated GPS & higway toll + traffic info etc)

Alpine does many flavours for the Noah family

Specs: http://www.alpine.co.jp/car-lineup/toyota/esquire/

To buy: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-cardenclub/10005067/

yes, mine only front airbags.

I think it be fine...that's hitting the wall...& based on the results the passengers escaped with acceptable injury not death.

I found the top ten worst...now that is really scary

Edited by Z234user

(edited)

Have you tried to turn off the ECO mode? You burn more fuel but when i use this mode the car is zoom zooom zoom & i am first off the traffic lights.

If not tried, do try...i am sure you will be pleasantly surprised....the power is nice. WARNING: can be addictive & bad for FC & pocket ;-)

Yes, i too play DVDs, was hoping to get the HU play my MPEG4s or downloaded movies so far no success ;-(

I think it supports dual layer....did not notice the skipping though...you mean it skips once? or continues to skip...if continues to skip i do not experince that.

Default h/u....painfully expensive & probably you can try to get from Alpine reseller/ditributor in SG or try rakuten japan or global...not sure about the language settings though..it will cost Yen 183,241 (aprox SGD$2234)

Japan H/u cme with the Japan ETC (intergrated GPS & higway toll + traffic info etc)

Alpine does many flavours for the Noah family

Specs: http://www.alpine.co.jp/car-lineup/toyota/esquire/

To buy: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-cardenclub/10005067/

yes, mine only front airbags.

I think it be fine...that's hitting the wall...& based on the results the passengers escaped with acceptable injury not death.

I found the top ten worst...now that is really scary

Yup. Turning off eco mode make the acceleration feel like my old wish. Quite responsive for MPV. Of course not of sport car level. Then again, with ECO mode on, the car will not experience uneven speed jumps. The passengers inside will appreciate it. Drawing a parallel, you do not want to sit inside a SAF land rover that feel ever so uneven in speed.

To be fair, I think turning eco off will result in fuel consumption been the same as other mpv, the norm. Turning it on will enable cost savings. U said turning it off will hurt the pocket, not like that lah... it make it the same as other equivalent mpvs., while on will result in savings.

The skipping sometimes happens, sometime does not. I read that my HD does not specify that it supports dual layer (8.5GB disc), so probably it does not, cos if it does, there will be a big big dvd-dl logo to brag abt it.

Thanks for the link...The alphine HD so nice! But too troublesome to source for it.... so expensive also...

The crash video... what kind of steel barrier did they use? How come i dun see any damage to the barriers? Whole car went high speed into barrier, but barriers no damage or move any inch... Do they have military heavy battle tanks vs the barriers? Wanna see how the barriers can hold up

Edited by mpv_lover

saw an Esquire at autobachs Bt Batok abt noon time today.....nice!

The interior space shd be superb - better than Odyssey (definitely more cavernous than wish/stream)

(edited)

saw an Esquire at autobachs Bt Batok abt noon time today.....nice!

The interior space shd be superb - better than Odyssey (definitely more cavernous than wish/stream)

Thats me. haha

Shiny? I just did coating yesterday

When I first got the car and drove on the main road, was so amazed. Those wish and sedans were like shorty. Commanding view over them. Even Picasso, 5008 and odessey were beneath me. Last time when dirving wish, was so envy of picasso and 5008, aroun same price yet taller than me. Stomach this for so long, now at last I gets the height I always wanted

Estima similar to a bit lower sitting height than me. Alphard was just a tad higher. Now go shopping mall cp, easy to spot the car. Last time has to sound my alarm to see where my old wish was, sometimes overshadowed by alphard cant find.

Edited by mpv_lover
  • Praise 1

Yup. Turning off eco mode make the acceleration feel like my old wish. Quite responsive for MPV. Of course not of sport car level. Then again, with ECO mode on, the car will not experience uneven speed jumps. The passengers inside will appreciate it. Drawing a parallel, you do not want to sit inside a SAF land rover that feel ever so uneven in speed.

To be fair, I think turning eco off will result in fuel consumption been the same as other mpv, the norm. Turning it on will enable cost savings. U said turning it off will hurt the pocket, not like that lah... it make it the same as other equivalent mpvs., while on will result in savings.

The skipping sometimes happens, sometime does not. I read that my HD does not specify that it supports dual layer (8.5GB disc), so probably it does not, cos if it does, there will be a big big dvd-dl logo to brag abt it.

Thanks for the link...The alphine HD so nice! But too troublesome to source for it.... so expensive also...

The crash video... what kind of steel barrier did they use? How come i dun see any damage to the barriers? Whole car went high speed into barrier, but barriers no damage or move any inch... Do they have military heavy battle tanks vs the barriers? Wanna see how the barriers can hold up

Some info on JNCAP

http://www.nasva.go.jp/mamoru/en/assessment_car/crackup_test.html

Think there is concrete & some of it maybe aluminum honeycomb for the Japanese test

For ENCAP not sure..probably if you can check at the ENCAP website http://www.euroncap.com/en

Yes..lol..i meant turn off ECO mode & poorer FC

I used to drive an Isis..which had same engine with the Wish but heavier, compared to Noah ..hmm no longer a fair comparison

ride comfort, acceleration, space etc etc

My biggest grouse about this car...bike racks!! the Thule has not & will not be making roof rack fitting fr the new Noah ;-( the roof is too curved according to the Thule disty in Japan...i will need to buy Inno rack whihc max weight is only 30kg!!

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/creer/inno-noah-aero/

Am still considering as the old Thule on my Isis could carry 50kg. The previous Noah max weigh is 75 kg!

The car height will probably hit 1.9 & a little bit maybe but coming from a EX roof rack use this is the best way to transport bikes (outside of a hitch carrrier but too bad i cannot get anyone in SG to customise a hitch for this car)

we tried rear racks they just don't seem to be sitting very well...it's a big rear door...i actually ordered the Thule rear rack from US & now cannot use it..wrong/bad fit!! for the Noah

My wife & kids love cyclcing we have x 2 27 inch moutain bikes & x 2 24 inch for my boys

now we can only put x 3 bikes into the car with one side last row kept & middle row pushed forward

Other than that the car has been good to me & family.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Some info on JNCAP

http://www.nasva.go.jp/mamoru/en/assessment_car/crackup_test.html

Think there is concrete & some of it maybe aluminum honeycomb for the Japanese test

For ENCAP not sure..probably if you can check at the ENCAP website http://www.euroncap.com/en

Yes..lol..i meant turn off ECO mode & poorer FC

I used to drive an Isis..which had same engine with the Wish but heavier, compared to Noah ..hmm no longer a fair comparison

ride comfort, acceleration, space etc etc

My biggest grouse about this car...bike racks!! the Thule has not & will not be making roof rack fitting fr the new Noah ;-( the roof is too curved according to the Thule disty in Japan...i will need to buy Inno rack whihc max weight is only 30kg!!

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/creer/inno-noah-aero/

Am still considering as the old Thule on my Isis could carry 50kg. The previous Noah max weigh is 75 kg!

The car height will probably hit 1.9 & a little bit maybe but coming from a EX roof rack use this is the best way to transport bikes (outside of a hitch carrrier but too bad i cannot get anyone in SG to customise a hitch for this car)

we tried rear racks they just don't seem to be sitting very well...it's a big rear door...i actually ordered the Thule rear rack from US & now cannot use it..wrong/bad fit!! for the Noah

My wife & kids love cyclcing we have x 2 27 inch moutain bikes & x 2 24 inch for my boys

now we can only put x 3 bikes into the car with one side last row kept & middle row pushed forward

Other than that the car has been good to me & family.

Should I pump 98 or 95 for new car?

The se advised 98 since new... thought quite expensive especially after the new tax. Pumped twice 98... so expensive

Any advice please

Edited by mpv_lover
↡ Advertisement