Toyota Voxy/Noah/Esquire

Kungfu

(edited)

1. I was given spare tyre. Should be original from japan. Covered under floor board at rear. Comes with basic car tools, jack and all. Voxy zs model.

2. I dont Know much about cars so dumb question - why need to put vkool etc when car comes with tinted material approved by Vicom for back and boot windows. So no need to strip away and refit with approved ones.

3. Actually, the car is already very good as it is. So personally am good without adding anything on it. It's already quiet without additional sound proofing if below 90km/hr. Also not much body roll during turns despite the height. Correct me if you feel different.

4. Only did ceramic pro 9h because lazy to scrub car. Still need to wash Ok. The feel of coating is some what like a good wax. And oily feel when washing So no need to use strength to remove stain. Swirls won't appear too. Good thing about ceramic PRO 9h has some self healing properties. Light scratches will disappear after a week. Deep scratches appear fainter after a month. Some is the word. cannot have unrealistic expectation. Bad, need to towel dry after rain. if not spotting quite obvious. Key word is ceramic "PRO" 9h. Cannot confirm the same for other ceramic coatings. So many on market. Do your research.

5. Any bad things about the car. Would say it's looks. Not appealing. Ppl use all kinds of unplesant words to describe it. Coffin car, hearse, van, ugly. It is a van. It's ancestor is the toyota Hiace before it evolves to this over 2 to 3 generations. The Japanese call them minivans. No kidding, you are paying 150K to buy a small van! Buyers are usually practical folks. Forget car looks and focus on good ride with toyota reliability.

6. So far most headunit does not allow control by steering wheel other than volume. My pioneer 5750 (?) doesn't.

7. Only seen brown noah on road. Not seen any others. They are hot in Hong Kong and apparently China accessories manufacturers are supporting hong kong even when the car is not available in China.

8. The old noah voxy is 7 yrs old technology. Cannot compare with current model. It was first launch in 2007. That time uncommon things are now common and supposedly a must have.

9. Car is certainly upgrade from wish. But current wish has been around for too long so cannot compare old with new. So is current isis. The triplets are in same class as nissan Serena, honda stepwagon and mazda biante. Some PIs bringing in Stepwagon. Not aware of anyone bringing in Serena.

10. The car is well ventilated with aircon blowers. Aircon vents in 2nd and 3rd row and if I am not wrong feet blowers too. The wipers do not have rain detect but for some strange reasons, wiper do go faster when car speed or rain speed picks up. Sorry can't tell what's the trigger for increase wiper speed.

11. Car display will auto dim and brighten based on light condition just like your smart phone.

12. Ppl getting these triplets probably find the wish and mobilio too small and the alphard and vell too big. Estima / Odyssey certainly an option if have $15k more to spare. Estima is old tech so wait for new model release. Odyssey is new. Been in an estima and find noah/voxy more spacious. I guess the rectangle shape vehicle does make a difference to space versus one with curves. Although the van is tall and looks huge, it is in fact quite narrow and therefore the odd look. Very easy to manoveour. Fingers crossed, have not mounted curbs yet!

wow you para your points somemore. I learned soemthing new from u today on the wiper speed, thanks.

The factory tint can never compare to the heat rejection level of vkool and 3m. If you are into solar film, these 2 brands are the best out there, talking abt their preium range, the basic range not much better than those cheaper brands. Infratint is also quite good and value for money, the BMW community here strongly recommend infratint, did that for my old wish, heaven and earth difference between factory tint and infratint. very little burning sensation when 34 degree direct sunlight. Also the steering wheel is not scorching hot after a few hrs in open parking. I highly recommend you to film your car to feel the difference, then again, since you are satisfied with factory tint, no need waste the money.

As for sound proofing, i have tasted the sweet silence from my old wish which was sound proofed, so can not accept anything less, i would say if you are satisfied, then no need to waste money. To me all cars must be sound proofed even BMW, cos i can no longer accept anything less having tasted the silence.

Yes, its a minivan. No doubt about it, many ppl in sg dislike boxy. Thats would explain why so few on the road. However I like boxy, and I think its very nice. Have alway like boxy cars from freed to stepwagon to alphard. I have yet to find anybody in this forum that like boxy... probably Im different. To me the 2015 alphard is my dream car. Just too expensive to stomach and I have other priorities in life at this stage. Frankly speaking, I would choose a aphard over any ferrari, of course I must keep the difference in cash. Estima looks classic and gentlemen, i like that car also. However, a bit too small for my taste, and not boxy enough.

I did not know ceramic pro 9h has healing ability. where u learn of this? The installer I did with also never tell me abt this.

Edited by mpv_lover
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Thanks for the detailed writeup on vkool and likes and sound proofing. Do you know how much to sound proof wheel arch only? Cos when I sat back row, feel most road noise from arch. 3rd row just beside arch.

Ceramic pro 9h has healing properties cos 《1》 I saw the hairline scratch that couldn't be wipe away then but no longer around now. 《2》My car was vandalised and a deep scratch into paint. 9h cannot protect international vandalism but waxy feel make it slippery not so easy to scratch. Anyway it was scratched within a week old and a month later is less obvious. Don't ask me why. Maybe am mad. This weekend got time maybe post before and after photo.

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-642-35197-6_52 I hope am still sane.

Not sure which pioneer you using but most head unit allows tilt adjustment. Check out the settings. I tilted mine to same degree as panel. If yours is 7 inch, should be quite high end and allow tilt.

Harrier owners already got their alpine. triplets versions sure can indent but should be close to $3k too.

All these money invested and after 10 years, most will go scrap yard! Or after 5 years, 2nd owner benefit. Would love to buy your car... next time.

Edited by Petamore

(edited)

Thanks for the detailed writeup on vkool and likes and sound proofing. Do you know how much to sound proof wheel arch only? Cos when I sat back row, feel most road noise from arch. 3rd row just beside arch.

Ceramic pro 9h has healing properties cos 《1》 I saw the hairline scratch that couldn't be wipe away then but no longer around now. 《2》My car was vandalised and a deep scratch into paint. 9h cannot protect international vandalism but waxy feel make it slippery not so easy to scratch. Anyway it was scratched within a week old and a month later is less obvious. Don't ask me why. Maybe am mad. This weekend got time maybe post before and after photo.

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-642-35197-6_52 I hope am still sane.

Not sure which pioneer you using but most head unit allows tilt adjustment. Check out the settings. I tilted mine to same degree as panel. If yours is 7 inch, should be quite high end and allow tilt.

Harrier owners already got their alpine. triplets versions sure can indent but should be close to $3k too.

All these money invested and after 10 years, most will go scrap yard! Or after 5 years, 2nd owner benefit. Would love to buy your car... next time.

No idea how much for just the arch. Think the price is quite compeititive amongst the well known workshops, so you should not be carrot chopped if you go ask them.

Yes! Thanks, have long forgotten abt this tilting setting since my old wish no need to tilt.

Will be dekitting if gonna sell but my plan is to drive till scrap...

Any idea where to buy quality and soft driving glove? I do not want to dirty the steering wheel

Edited by mpv_lover

(edited)

5. Any bad things about the car. Would say it's looks. Not appealing. Ppl use all kinds of unplesant words to describe it. Coffin car, hearse, van, ugly. It is a van. It's ancestor is the toyota Hiace before it evolves to this over 2 to 3 generations. The Japanese call them minivans. No kidding, you are paying 150K to buy a small van! Buyers are usually practical folks. Forget car looks and focus on good ride with toyota reliability.

9. Car is certainly upgrade from wish. But current wish has been around for too long so cannot compare old with new. So is current isis. The triplets are in same class as nissan Serena, honda stepwagon and mazda biante. Some PIs bringing in Stepwagon. Not aware of anyone bringing in Serena.

10. The car is well ventilated with aircon blowers. Aircon vents in 2nd and 3rd row and if I am not wrong feet blowers too. The wipers do not have rain detect but for some strange reasons, wiper do go faster when car speed or rain speed picks up. Sorry can't tell what's the trigger for increase wiper speed.

On pt 5, think its unfair for others to say that its looks like coffin car just cos coffin car has similar shape. The point I'm trying to bring across is that, just cos certain cars have similarities with the car, we should not label the car as being the same. Frankly speaking, personally I feel that sedan's curved roof are like tortise shell, I keep this to myself and not go around saying all sedan are tortise car. I also never go around remarking that supercar like ferarri are like squashed pancakes since they are so small and low.

Coffin car got so luxurious as noah? No. Ferrari can go super fast, squashed pancakes cannot move right? And sedans are not tortise. There are also ppl who say cos certain cars are used as taxi, so throw face, avoid that car. I think this is not logical. In fact, used as taxi is some form of assurance of durability and available spare parts. Anyway, in some countries, BMW is used as taxi

Pt 9, Was trying to compare Stepwagon, but they no longer bring them in now...

for pt 10, 3rd row does not seem to have feet blowers.

Edited by mpv_lover

On pt 5, think its unfair for others to say that its looks like coffin car just cos coffin car has similar shape. The point I'm trying to bring across is that, just cos certain cars have similarities with the car, we should not label the car as being the same. Frankly speaking, personally I feel that sedan's curved roof are like tortise shell, I keep this to myself and not go around saying all sedan are tortise car. I also never go around remarking that supercar like ferarri are like squashed pancakes since they are so small and low.

Pt 9, Was trying to compare Stepwagon, but they no longer bring them in now...

Nah ... these triplets don't look like hearses at all. Too tall and too short. The Ody and some large station wagon like MB/Volvo's make better candidates.

The new Stepwagon should reach our shores next month. At least one PI at AML bringing in. Unfortunately, its even taller than the triplets! The dash is quite ugly (my opinion) and its digital and looking at whatever pix are in the internet now, the 3rd row seat looks like bench again.

Nah ... these triplets don't look

The new Stepwagon should reach our shores next month. At least one PI at AML bringing in. Unfortunately, its even taller than the triplets! The dash is quite ugly (my opinion) and its digital and looking at whatever pix are in the internet now, the 3rd row seat looks like bench again.[/quote

Wah stepwagon comong?!! i lile that model too certainly up there with Noah in terms of what i am after in a car.

Just surfed to their site. Very clever they managed to pilt the rear door. Nice convenience to have...very unique. Door gets heavier too so safety for rear passengers should improve i suppose

http://sp.honda.co.jp/honda/dream.honda.co.jp/STEPWGN/new/

Samfrak last row folds away so less bottom boot space like noah but should not end up lile biante either

http://sp.honda.co.jp/honda/dream.honda.co.jp/STEPWGN/m-catalog/utility_01/

Coffin car got so luxurious as noah? No. Ferrari can go super fast, squashed pancakes cannot move right? And sedans are not tortise. There are also ppl who say cos certain cars are used as taxi, so throw face, avoid that car. I think this is not logical. In fact, used as taxi is some form of assurance of durability and available spare parts. Anyway, in some countries, BMW is used as taxi

Nice try.

But people are put off straight away when they see the exterior look, no need to talk about what is inside, luxury not withstanding haha.

And especially for those who buy the car with intention to ferry old parents, you think the parents will enjoy taking the rides when they picture them as riding on coffin cars everyday? You try to convince them inside is luxurious, they will think of them as luxurious coffin cars, hahaha.

I would say old perception not easy to change, that is why take-up rate for the minivans are very very low. And the ADs are clever to know the demands not there due to Asian thinking as really only families of certain profiles will want to buy them.

Biante I would admit is not really the best minivan in terms of practicallity but due to its rear design which is not so hearse car like, is selling much more than the triplets which is really very much the opposite in Japan. If not due to this bantang factor, the triplets/serena/stepwagn would be selling like hotcakes like Vezel.

(edited)

Nice try.

But people are put off straight away when they see the exterior look, no need to talk about what is inside, luxury not withstanding haha.

And especially for those who buy the car with intention to ferry old parents, you think the parents will enjoy taking the rides when they picture them as riding on coffin cars everyday? You try to convince them inside is luxurious, they will think of them as luxurious coffin cars, hahaha.

I would say old perception not easy to change, that is why take-up rate for the minivans are very very low. And the ADs are clever to know the demands not there due to Asian thinking as really only families of certain profiles will want to buy them.

Biante I would admit is not really the best minivan in terms of practicallity but due to its rear design which is not so hearse car like, is selling much more than the triplets which is really very much the opposite in Japan. If not due to this bantang factor, the triplets/serena/stepwagn would be selling like hotcakes like Vezel.

Not trying to change ppl perception. Just saying my personal view. I do know that many ppl think it's ugly. I first knew I was different when ppl here said estima very ugly and that ody is much prettier. I was so surprised then. Now I came to realise I'm different. Same for ppl who said that freed is ugly and not deserving of Honda badge. To me freed was very tall and boxy I like

I do not agree with you that biante is not practical. Biante is very practical and nice in my opinion. in terms of exterior look, just felt that the vertical red light stripes at rear left and right very weird. Other than that it looks great.

Anyway biante is a bit taller... I like

Is vezel the counterpart of harrier? Vezel so puny I would take harrier any day if have to choose between the two

Edited by mpv_lover

Samfrak last row folds away so less bottom boot space like noah but should not end up lile biante either

http://sp.honda.co.jp/honda/dream.honda.co.jp/STEPWGN/m-catalog/utility_01/

I don't see any split line at the bottom. So it should be a bench. So if you need to fold flat, its either the entire seat or nothing. Its a disadvantage in my book. I prefer the seat to fold upwards too - no need to remove stuff from the floor. And you can fit aftermarket floormats too.

I think the triplets don't sell well because only the PIs bring them in. Many motorists will strike out the triplets just on that alone. The Biante outsells the triplets in Indonesia where both are brought in by ADs. My indonesian friends tell me its because the Biante selling price is much lower than Toyota's.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I don't see any split line at the bottom. So it should be a bench. So if you need to fold flat, its either the entire seat or nothing. Its a disadvantage in my book. I prefer the seat to fold upwards too - no need to remove stuff from the floor. And you can fit aftermarket floormats too.

I think the triplets don't sell well because only the PIs bring them in. Many motorists will strike out the triplets just on that alone. The Biante outsells the triplets in Indonesia where both are brought in by ADs. My indonesian friends tell me its because the Biante selling price is much lower than Toyota's.

If I'm not wrong noah is a higher specif cation car than biante. That's is why more expensive. I have seen biante at mazda show room and have examined that the built quality is good but not as good as noah. And no moon roof which is a no no to me. For years was driving wish and so envy cars with moon roof and sliding doors. so when noah was announced I was so happy

Anyway I have been following up on biante from the time mazda said they wanna make a super big car with sky active tech. Sliding door. Fuel efficient. 2l but still can make it super big. I was so antupicating then. When it was finally sold by ad here... I almost wanted to buy. I have also read heartlander's posts on his purchase. Ppl here even coin him as Mr Biante, and another guy as Mr Noah in Biante thread. I read all of heartlander's posts in great details and those were really informative and with pictures. Was drooling then. Then there are some ppl here make fun at him at the 2 airbags only. He was then defending that japanese know what they are doing and if more airbags is needed, they would have added. It come to a point that it starts to turn a bit ugly in the tone of the discussions. Was not able to chip in then as I was just a guest. To me 2 airbags is enough for a big car like biante. My old wish only has 2. Cos biante so big, the chasis itself acts as crumble zone. Of course if have more airbags always better, but not a critical factor to turn me away. All these I was reading as guest. After research I strike off estimat and freed and stepwagon. Biante was the dream.

Shortly noah was announced. Holy! Moon rood. Not 1 but 2!! Some more the roof can slides open fully! Then come voxy. .. so pretty. I'm not a badge fan boy and will buy what car that meet my needs regardless of brand. Even after buying I'm readily admit that there are areas where it can be improved. Now I miss the middle aircon blower of my old wish. can help cool down the top of my head.

Edited by mpv_lover

If I'm not wrong noah is a higher specif cation car than biante. That's is why more expensive. I have seen biante at mazda show room and have examined that the built quality is good but not as good as noah. And no moon roof which is a no no to me. For years was driving wish and so envy cars with moon roof and sliding doors. so when noah was announced I was so happy

Anyway I have been following up on biante from the time mazda said they wanna make a super big car with sky active tech. Sliding door. Fuel efficient. 2l but still can make it super big. I was so antupicating then. When it was finally sold by ad here... I almost wanted to buy. I have also read heartlander's posts on his purchase. Ppl here even coin him as Mr Biante, and another guy as Mr Noah in Biante thread. I read all of heartlander's posts in great details and those were really informative and with pictures. Was drooling then. Then there are some ppl here make fun at him at the 2 airbags only. He was then defending that japanese know what they are doing and if more airbags is needed, they would have added. It come to a point that it starts to turn a bit ugly in the tone of the discussions. Was not able to chip in then as I was just a guest. To me 2 airbags is enough for a big car like biante. My old wish only has 2. Cos biante so big, the chasis itself acts as crumble zone. Of course if have more airbags always better, but not a critical factor to turn me away. All these I was reading as guest. After research I strike off estimat and freed and stepwagon. Biante was the dream.

Shortly noah was announced. Holy! Moon rood. Not 1 but 2!! Some more the roof can slides open fully! Then come voxy. .. so pretty. I'm not a badge fan boy and will buy what car that meet my needs regardless of brand. Even after buying I'm readily admit that there are areas where it can be improved. Now I miss the middle aircon blower of my old wish. can help cool down the top of my head.

Really salute you. [thumbsup]

Now I really looking forward to see new Biante expected to be announced in Japan this June. Hope the rear bench design could be improved.

ahhh i get what u mean. Think the design for honda is the fold away seats...remeber my brothers old ody had that too. Toyota has the fold up...many models feature this.

In regard to your statement on PI only import..completely agreed. My wife's colleagues n even mine enjoy our minivan aka hearse. They always end up with the trademark..ehh how much ah? When prices are shared n the fact its PI...many turned off.

To me i don't even bother with what people say or think. the most important people.. my family, myself love the car who cares...seriously.

considering this car is a top seller in Japan (japan made cars) and sleeper hit in hong kong ...you have the company of many others who are into boxes, hearses etc.lol..not bad :)

(edited)

ahhh i get what u mean. Think the design for honda is the fold away seats...remeber my brothers old ody had that too. Toyota has the fold up...many models feature this.

In regard to your statement on PI only import..completely agreed. My wife's colleagues n even mine enjoy our minivan aka hearse. They always end up with the trademark..ehh how much ah? When prices are shared n the fact its PI...many turned off.

To me i don't even bother with what people say or think. the most important people.. my family, myself love the car who cares...seriously.

considering this car is a top seller in Japan (japan made cars) and sleeper hit in hong kong ...you have the company of many others who are into boxes, hearses etc.lol..not bad :)

haha... someone said my new car looks like school bus. I guess we are all mature adults and no longer swayed by what others think. As u said the only thing that matters to us is what our loved ones think

Anyway these type of cars is used to transport celebrities. Even Obama sat in such boxy car. Reason is comfortable of course. And this is the sole reason why we buy... to provide a comfortable and spacious ride for those who matters the most

I remember last time no such boxy cars on sales... was very disappointed. Then sometime last year, suddenly many PI annouced that they are bringing back Freed, Sienta and ISIS. I was so elated when I heard of this news. Then followed by Mazda bring Biante in... then Noah! Now we have so many choices for boxy cars. I guess I will never appreciate puny cars such as sedans, akin to why others can never like boxy cars.

I guess part of the reason why I alway have a thing for big boxy car is due to the 80s transformers. Those powerful robots are those that are huge, like optimus prime, omega supreme, devasator. Puny car like bumblebee are like sidekicks.

Edited by mpv_lover

Hypersonic

Nope no spare tire too!!

It comes with this puncture kit which basically destroys your current tyre as it fills with some material that hardens

Same thing used for VW Sharan (my fren recently purchased) think this is the future for spare tyres

For SG, i am keeping my tyre shop number handy. Most punctures can be patched & tyre reused. the glue thingy can be a pain!

Fyi Sharan doesn't come with a puncture kit

It comes with self sealing tyres so no need for spare tyre

Hopefully these tyres would live up to their claims when the time comes

😂

😂

This article attempt to explain the trend of repair kit over spare tyre

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2837237/The-REAL-reason-car-firms-won-t-spare-tyre-Manufacturers-scrimp-installing-extra-wheels-cut-costs.html

😂

Ahh ok ..thanks for sharing, this is interesting as my friend insisted on a spare tyre from the VW. technically with the self healing he would not need one well at least from the time of puncture...unless the sidewall was impacted.

Anyways he enjoys long drives including road trips to Thailand. So the spare tyre may come in handy.

... [thumbsup] good article. . so the articles does confirm the damage from these repair kits

Will need to keep my tyre guy number handy...may join AA too...dunno to cover me in Malaysia

I experienced x 3 flats on my previous ride, & changed the spare by myself! 2 of the punctures could be recovered another went thru sidewall.

Throwing a tyre because of the repair kit is wasteful. Also if you are in the middle of the tyre life..20-30Km suspect you may need to dump a pair of tyres to keep the wear & balance equal.

↡ Advertisement