Need help - Shock Absorbers

Schmi

Hi Friends:

Can anyone please advise good workshop in the east to change rear shock absorbers for Nissan Lation Sport? Any advice on brand also very welcome.

Many thanks, bros. [:)]

↡ Advertisement

6th Gear

if too ex, chge to coinover [scholar]

You mean 2nd hand ones?

Brand new coils are more expensive than shocks.....[laugh]

You mean 2nd hand ones?

Brand new coils are more expensive than shocks.....[laugh]

agree...my 4 dampers cost almost 800 n at tis pt, might as well add a little more to get a reputable MIT coilover.

Neutral Newbie

hmm... is there a need to align wheels after shock absorber change?

else, might be good to change it at a workshop which is able to do both...change and align :)

quick query...

wats your mileage on ur LS ?

me driving LS too....just need a rough estimate gauge...onwhen to pay attention on mine when its due to change...

Anyone know where to get after market shock absorber for Sylphy? Current Sylphy is soft. Any recommendation from anyone?

quick query...

wats your mileage on ur LS ?

me driving LS too....just need a rough estimate gauge...onwhen to pay attention on mine when its due to change...

Difference driving style. Difference driving condition. All this will either shorten or lengthen d life of ur shock. Juz get ur tyre swap every 10k. Once shocks start leaking, tyre shop will tell u. It is time to change liao.

Anyone know where to get after market shock absorber for Sylphy? Current Sylphy is soft. Any recommendation from anyone?

Think KONI dampers / shock absorbers will be a great improvement over the stock ones. They're quite reasonably priced as well I think.

Looking for something a little more upmarket? Then go for the likes of Bilstein, Eibach, Ohlins, H&R, KW or Aragosta. TEIN is pretty good as well but I think they only make coilovers...

Check out KONI here: http://sg.----.com/sg/Services/Post_Detail.../?PostID=420539

...and here: http://sg.----.com/sg/Services/Post_Detail...s/?PostID=99995

hmm... is there a need to align wheels after shock absorber change?

else, might be good to change it at a workshop which is able to do both...change and align :)

letting the shock absorber sit in for 1 week before aligning would be best

Hi Friends:

Can anyone please advise good workshop in the east to change rear shock absorbers for Nissan Lation Sport? Any advice on brand also very welcome.

Many thanks, bros. [:)]

Normally, people change in a set of 4s [nod]

how to tell that the shock absorbers need to be replaced ? is it when go over hump the downward force is very quick and hard, due to the downward dampening not working ?

how to tell that the shock absorbers need to be replaced ? is it when go over hump the downward force is very quick and hard, due to the downward dampening not working ?

Normally, original stock shocks starts to leak at around 50000-60000km mileage depending on usage [nod]

Other tell tale signs is when it goes over a hump, the car become extremely bouncy [nod]

Neutral Newbie

Hi gurus,

I own a Honda Civic VTI 4A (the one before the current CIVIC generation), it is abt 4yrs now, and 85km.

1. Sound 1: When there are passenger at the real, there would be "rusty" sound from the back when i go over hump. this "rusty" sound sounds like my uncle pickup in the 70s. And now no warranty already :(...I mean it happens after the 80km.

Could this be the shock problem?

2. Sound 2: when i navigate from even ground to up a slope on the left or right, for example, driving up a multi-storey carpark. there would be this "rusty and sqeezze " sound coming from the rear. This "rusty and sqeezze" sound is that holding a rigid metal frame and try to twist it. The sound is very similar to the door latch at your home when it is not used for a long time or dry.

Could this be a problem on the car frame?

Advice welcome!

thanks

tikili

Normally, original stock shocks starts to leak at around 50000-60000km mileage depending on usage [nod]

Other tell tale signs is when it goes over a hump, the car become extremely bouncy [nod]

Just to share my personal experience...

My fornt left shock was certified to be gone case 2 months back.

It was so hard which can't be depress....

The ride was so un comfortable as it bouncy hard on un even road and going over humps too...!

The above was the tom yam hydraulic oil filled type.

Currently, replaced to Gas filled... comfort is still there, just a little hard.

Neutral Newbie

Hi there, my Altis also having weird 'sound' when the rear passenger getting off from the car. Is there any problem to the rear coil spring but there wasn't any leaking to the shock absorber. When the workshop remove the tyres, i can see clearly the leak was only at the front tyre....

↡ Advertisement