Advise on steps for Rd tax/insurance renewal for OPC

Acevin

Cld not get any search thru' the search engine.

1st time owning OPC. Can check if the steps mentioned below is correct?

1) Get quotations & Renew insurance abt 2-wks before expiry (does insurance need any proof that car is OPC??)

2) When letter from LTA to renew rd tax arrive (is it abt 2-3wks before expiry??), arrange to hv OPC seal inspected by Vicom first.

3) After inspect seal by vicom, take the letter of the passed inspection to LTA to renew rd tax (need insurance policy/cover note to proof insurance been purchased??)

Sori abt the noobie question above... but 1st time, and normal car not so much effort needed...

Thank you..

↡ Advertisement

Your steps are correct.

I just went through the above.

My insurer didn't require any documents to prove that its OPC.

Initially I was wondering why i can't renew my road tax

even though I already renewed my insurance.

Wasn't aware that I had to go for number plate seal inspection first

before I can renew my road tax.

Lucky I found out at the last day before expiry of road tax and managed

to get to vicom and get inspected.

Your steps are correct.

I just went through the above.

My insurer didn't require any documents to prove that its OPC.

Initially I was wondering why i can't renew my road tax

even though I already renewed my insurance.

Wasn't aware that I had to go for number plate seal inspection first

before I can renew my road tax.

Lucky I found out at the last day before expiry of road tax and managed

to get to vicom and get inspected.

Thanks bro. But to have the rd tax renew, do OPC die die & only way have to make a trip to LTA (Sin Ming)? Thks

no...I suppose most inspection centre can...I did mine at yishun...think pay them additional SGD10+ to just see see look look at the seal....The seal inspection is the only difference between normal and OPC...

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bro. But to have the rd tax renew, do OPC die die & only way have to make a trip to LTA (Sin Ming)? Thks

Any LTA/vicom centres can renew road tax..

once insurance received, head down to LTA/Vicom counter to pay for inspection of OPC no. plate.

once inspection of no. plate finish, will receive cert den proceed to road tax counter. Thats all! [rolleyes]

can do it on sat after 3pm..

no worries bro.

1) Renew your insurance first.get few quotations for that suits you.no need proof that you are OPC.They will then send you the certificate of insurance.

2)Go to any Vicom/STA inspection center for number plate inspection.Pay abt $10+ for the inspection.

3)Bring the certificate of insurance and certificate of plate number inspection to the office to renew your road tax on the spot.

*this is from my own experience.

Once you have renew insurance, it will automatically be updated into the system.

Do allow 1 - 3 working days for the updates. Sometime even on the day itself.

Go for the inspection.

After, which you may proceed to renew tax via the counter or AXS.

If not paying at counter, do allow 1 - 3 days to process before making payments at the machine.

Thanks to Bros for the valuable inputs. Greatly appreciate.

With your advise, I finally understand the process and that all (seal inspection & rd tax payment/renewal) can be done in a short while and at the same location (without the need & fuss to inspect 1-place and pay to renew rd tax at another location)

I got abit confused for OPC due to the seal inspection..

Used to own normal car, much much hassle-free..

Thanks so much to all bros whom replied here.

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if opc can renew roadtax for 1/2 yr like normal plate cars?

Driving a normal plate currently and was shock when my gf told me her opc can only renew roadtax for 1 full year and not 1/2 year.

She's currently on the revised off-peak scheme.

Can any bros verify on this?

Edited by Benni09

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place to post. I am kinda new here, i am intending to purchase a 2nd OPC car. I saw the adverts on sgcarmart stating mthly installment of $288, interest rate of 1.88%. Would like to ask if there is any catch and would it be enough to set aside of 700 per mth just for the car? thanks!

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if opc can renew roadtax for 1/2 yr like normal plate cars?

Driving a normal plate currently and was shock when my gf told me her opc can only renew roadtax for 1 full year and not 1/2 year.

She's currently on the revised off-peak scheme.

Can any bros verify on this?

Road tax for OPC can only renew for 12 months.

OPC road tax is so cheap, just renew 12 months also not hard.

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place to post. I am kinda new here, i am intending to purchase a 2nd OPC car. I saw the adverts on sgcarmart stating mthly installment of $288, interest rate of 1.88%. Would like to ask if there is any catch and would it be enough to set aside of 700 per mth just for the car? thanks!

you calculate your case with the following.

- monthly installment

- yearly insurance

- yearly road tax

- monthly season parking

- occasional ERP and parking

- petrol. typically $200-300 should be enough for a normal OPC car.

- servicing. probably every 6 months.

- unexpected servicing.

Am wondering if I shld get an OPC:

1) For OPC, how do we know if its old or new scheme? Can we upgrade from the old to new scheme to allow Sat full day drive?

2) For expiring OPC, the parf shld be lower than the normal car parf right? So if we buy OPC and renew COE, would it be the same costs for the COE? can we convert to normal car when we renew?

3) For car insurance for COE cars, if the car is stolen in Msia/Singapore, how much are we compensated? Based on remaining scrap value of the car?

Thanks in advance

Am wondering if I shld get an OPC:

1) For OPC, how do we know if its old or new scheme? Can we upgrade from the old to new scheme to allow Sat full day drive?

2) For expiring OPC, the parf shld be lower than the normal car parf right? So if we buy OPC and renew COE, would it be the same costs for the COE? can we convert to normal car when we renew?

3) For car insurance for COE cars, if the car is stolen in Msia/Singapore, how much are we compensated? Based on remaining scrap value of the car?

Thanks in advance

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/transport-options-for-motorists/revised-off-peak-car-and-opc-and-weekend-car.html#howdoiknowmycar

the above link answer all your questions

Supercharged

Try my best to answer you as I used to be an opc driver.

1 - can check via lta / one motoring.

2 - yes, I actually covert my opc to normal when it's due last 6 months. Paid less than $100 for conversion and road tax if I remember correctly. After which, I extend the coe for another 10 years as the car is still in good condition.

3 - based on market value but don't expect too high. After all its old and unpopular. Not sure what ride you looking at but for mine, I can only buy 3rd party with fire and theft.

Try my best to answer you as I used to be an opc driver.

1 - can check via lta / one motoring.

2 - yes, I actually covert my opc to normal when it's due last 6 months. Paid less than $100 for conversion and road tax if I remember correctly. After which, I extend the coe for another 10 years as the car is still in good condition.

3 - based on market value but don't expect too high. After all its old and unpopular. Not sure what ride you looking at but for mine, I can only buy 3rd party with fire and theft.

Wow...

2- that is very low price to pay for conversion. only $100? If OPC left 1.5 yrs, i wonder how much to pay

Supercharged

Wow...

2- that is very low price to pay for conversion. only $100? If OPC left 1.5 yrs, i wonder how much to pay

↡ Advertisement