Beach resorts in Langkawi

Rainman

I'm going for a short getaway trip with my family during mid June. Any good recommendations for beach resort?

I need some advices as there are few areas of resorts that I can pick, Burau Bay, Kuah Town, Pantai Cenang, Tanjung Rhu etc...

Hope to do some snorkeling and water sports...budget around $300 per night.

Thanks alot!

↡ Advertisement

I'm going for a short getaway trip with my family during mid June. Any good recommendations for beach resort?

I need some advices as there are few areas of resorts that I can pick, Burau Bay, Kuah Town, Pantai Cenang, Tanjung Rhu etc...

Thanks alot!

Kuah Town is a bit hectic.

Burau bay is near pantai kok

Neutral Newbie

Just came back from Langkawi. Stayed at Cenang Spa and Beach resort. Very nice place and the huts are right beside the beach. The beach though it may look white, are filled with trillions of small broken pieces of seashells so I'd advise you to put your footwear on when walking along the beach.

with a budget this huge shouldnt have any problems to find a nice resort

Huge meh? I only worry I wont be getting a decent beach resort with this price, hotels in Langawi is cheap but resorts, especially with seaview are surprising costly... [sweatdrop]

Thanks alot!

You can't go wrong with Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa @ Cenang Beach. The rooms are tastefully furnished, suitably sized and cosily trapped in luxurious wood. Hardly anybody goes to the beach, so it's rather private. Restaurants are aplenty lining up both sides of the road right outside the resort , and there's shopping to be done. I think you need to top up a bit more for seaview rooms. Note that at this princely rate breakfast is not included, but no worries as cafe's are just a stone throw away.

You may also want to try Casa Del Mar, which is just next door, or Berjaya, which is at the opposite end of the island.

For higher class lodging, there's Four Seasons, Westin, Andaman and Datai.

casa del mar more suitable for romantic getaway couples,not wif kids in tow. its a boutique hotel. and pentai cenang beach not suitable for swimming as they have jelly fish in the waters. been to tanjong rhu resort at the other end,its quiet (again good for romantic getaways) and u can rent a car to get u into kuah town and the cable car towers. beach is quiet and clean,they are kids friendly if u r bringing them. go for the mangrove tour.

Supercharged

Langkawi is a nice place, filled with historical background yet urban.

Enjoyed our 2 weeks stay in there, rent a kelisa running around the island.

My advise for you is to stay at least 5 days, it's really nice and the island is pretty big.

lots of discoveries.

As for hotel stay, i stay at the hotel nearest to the airport. Damn spacious and cheap, having some great promotion during that time.

The one that i don't recommend is that genting awana hotel, area is nice but facilities sux..

Forget renting cars, rent a mototbike (if you can ride) it's awesome. And the police don't care, you don't need a helmet.

There aren't that many cars around, especially on the roads around the resorts. There are plenty of small kampongs to find hidden amongst the bushes. I found a small fishing village, had lunch there in a small hut which overlooked a bay, tranquil, peaceful, romantic....and cheap! Cost my wife and I RM10 for prawns, fish and "la la".

Neutral Newbie

air asia was giving out free air tickets to langkawi (available from 1 june) last week but i think the offer ended. There a new offer but will cost a bit more, about SGD 40 (excl tax) one way.

With a budget of $300 per night, i think you can stay at the high end ones. I presume you are not looking at the hotels since you want a beach resort. Below are some of my recommendations for 4* and 5* resorts and rates quoted in SGD.

1) the andaman, the datai (i think they from the same hotel group). These 2 are the best, in terms of service, rooms, facilities and view/surroundings. Own private beach. Price a bit on the high side but if you want to try andaman, asia rooms.com rates are $311 per room per night incl daily breakfast for superior. The datai is about $500 p/rm p/night, so its out of your budget.

2) Pelangi. Very good but still not to the mark of datai, andaman in my opinion. If you bringing young children, this hotel should be the one for you. They have lots of activities for them, including games rental, kids playroom etc. Good location, near airport and many eatries nearby. Rates start at $238 with breakfast from asia travel.

3) Casa Del Mar. Highly rated by many people, saying better than pelangi. Cant tell you much cos never stayed there. Rates should be about $250 with breakfast.

4) Berjaya Langkawi. Also very good and quiet. Suggest you take the seaview ones by paying a bit more. Beach is nice, big and quiet. About $230 with breakfast for the partial seaview. Only thing is that the chalets are located on a slope and if you select those high up, you need a bit of effort to climb and get there. Of cos they got provide buggy service to ferry you if you want to wait.

5) Sheraton. Most value for money. The beach not that good though, quite small and the pool also not that big although the view at the pool is superb. The rooms and service are good. I think they now having promotion stay 3 nights pay 2 nights thingy. $220 with breakfast for superior.

Hope this helps.

Sheraton Langkawi is highly recommended as it suits your budget and provides good service. Do rent a car to explore the island. The traffic is light and easy to drive. Enjoy your stay there. [:)]

nice reviews bro...does give us an idea what we looking for...

You can't go wrong with Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa @ Cenang Beach. The rooms are tastefully furnished, suitably sized and cosily trapped in luxurious wood. Hardly anybody goes to the beach, so it's rather private. Restaurants are aplenty lining up both sides of the road right outside the resort , and there's shopping to be done. I think you need to top up a bit more for seaview rooms. Note that at this princely rate breakfast is not included, but no worries as cafe's are just a stone throw away.

You may also want to try Casa Del Mar, which is just next door, or Berjaya, which is at the opposite end of the island.

For higher class lodging, there's Four Seasons, Westin, Andaman and Datai.

For a 1st time visitor, best to get somewhere near civilization. Datai is in one isolated place that takes 30 mins to reach Cenang or Kuah. Else, eating in is expensive and unless you're the sort that can sit on the beach/pool all day and read a book ..... you'll be bored.

Cenang is a good place where the rows of shops lining the streets offer food, to tours, to massages, spas, duty free, aquarium which is next door to it, etc.

If you don't mind the older manual proton cars.... rental is pretty cheap at about SGD30-35/day

↡ Advertisement