Borneo Motors to bring in Toyota Alphard

Stooky

Saw from today's straits times that BM will be bringing in Toyota Alphard MPV this year. They will also be launching the new Wish in the 3rd quarter

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Ya....saw tis news too...they said Alphard is one of the most sellable car in parallel import....

Cant realli see many Alphard on e road...mostly Estima....n I oso prefer Estima to Alphard....Alphard look like a van...Yucks.

Ya....saw tis news too...they said Alphard is one of the most sellable car in parallel import....

Cant realli see many Alphard on e road...mostly Estima....n I oso prefer Estima to Alphard....Alphard look like a van...Yucks.

ugly is at e rear...but make no mistake abt it, its e mother of all MPV [flowerface]

Ya , but Alphard is more popular in HK :ph34r:

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Ya , but Alphard is more popular in HK :ph34r:

Ya ya...I rem HK actress Wu Junru is fetching her precious daughter wif Toyota Alphard n she had a chaffeur too....

Edited by Limhm

Clutched

Alphard is very popular in Hong Kong. During my trip to Hong Kong last year saw many Alphards there

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Alphard is also extremely popular in Jakarta. Maybe Borneo Motors needs a full sized MPV to compete with the Nissan Elgrand which happens to be the only full-sized (gigantic) MPV to be sold by an authorised distributor neglecting the Chrysler Grand Voyager which has a very low demand.

Edited by George1688

alphard damn fugly but i believe it's bigger than estima. otherwise i can't imagine why pple buy it. or maybe interior got more goodies.

been in an elgrand and estima, elgrand is better. but have not tried alphard yet.

Clutched
(edited)

there is a Alphard clone in china, called Foton Alpha

foton2.jpg

638.jpg

its actually a hiace but its front and rear were re-shaped to make it look like Alphard

Edited by Wubb

there is a Alphard clone in china, called Foton Alpha

its actually a hiace but its front and rear were re-shaped to make it look like Alphard

[laugh]

Yes, think buying a HIACE is much more cheaper than Alphard, can change the logo to LEXUS also. :D

Turbocharged

Currently have the Vellfire, Alphard's "sister". Jus different in looks in front and rear.

Though big and boxy, its superb for what its design for, spacious comfortable travel.

BM just need to bring any car they find reasonable to sell.. they will definitely got ppl to buy it.. coz' it's Toyota and it's by BM... I truly find it amazing...

Currently have the Vellfire, Alphard's "sister". Jus different in looks in front and rear.

Though big and boxy, its superb for what its design for, spacious comfortable travel.

Any reason why you prefer your Vellfire than Estima?

The Alphard looks great, performs well and all... but there's one big problem.

Its 1.9m tall. Meaning that it can't enter carparks with 1.8m height restrictions.

That's a real problem for most HDB MSCP.

Some shopping centres also can't enter.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Any reason why you prefer your Vellfire than Estima?

You should roughly be aware of my car searching story..... [flowerface]

Chief criteria was ~ Wanted a MPV with powered sliding doors.

Thus went down to look at the Mazda 5, quite ok with it, price was then $69K+, later dropped to $66K+.

After Mazda showroom went to Richburg, initially to look at the Estima,

however once there, the showroom display black full bodykit vellfire caught my missus fancy and

since its a present for her, suit her preference......

So its the looks of the Vellfire and the SIZE of it,

Plus Estima kinda common on the roads, Vellfire/Alphard more unique, though starts to see more of them nowadays.

Missus like the "tallness" of the vehicle, for her can just walk(bend a bit) to the 3rd row seats.(mine is 7seater, middle row 2 ind. captain chairs)

Her friends can even carry a toddler, sling a diaper bag and walk to the last row.

Before settling down on the Vellfire, went to look at the Elgrand as well.

1 drawback is the 1.9M height, some places cant go. But since have 2 vehicles is liveable. [thumbsup]

Edited by Akula
↡ Advertisement