Borneo Motors to bring in Toyota Alphard

Stooky

i m a new alphard owner as well. Am glad that most are detered by the look and height.........makes the car a bit rarer on the roads. hehe

anyway the alphard drives well and is very comfortable, just lite estima except its much bigger. all alphard owners would have check out estima 1st but to be frank, its too small. I rather get a sedan than estima as the 3rd row is at the expenses of boot space

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yes, think buying a HIACE is much more cheaper than Alphard, can change the logo to LEXUS also. :D

Hahaha...I love ur idea....n fully agree wif u le....but I prefer a Vito...not a black one else look like a coffin car...keke

Neutral Newbie

You should roughly be aware of my car searching story..... [flowerface]

Chief criteria was ~ Wanted a MPV with powered sliding doors.

Thus went down to look at the Mazda 5, quite ok with it, price was then $69K+, later dropped to $66K+.

After Mazda showroom went to Richburg, initially to look at the Estima,

however once there, the showroom display black full bodykit vellfire caught my missus fancy and

since its a present for her, suit her preference......

So its the looks of the Vellfire and the SIZE of it,

Plus Estima kinda common on the roads, Vellfire/Alphard more unique, though starts to see more of them nowadays.

Missus like the "tallness" of the vehicle, for her can just walk(bend a bit) to the 3rd row seats.(mine is 7seater, middle row 2 ind. captain chairs)

Her friends can even carry a toddler, sling a diaper bag and walk to the last row.

Before settling down on the Vellfire, went to look at the Elgrand as well.

1 drawback is the 1.9M height, some places cant go. But since have 2 vehicles is liveable. [thumbsup]

Hi Akula,

I tried searching for your previous posts on your car search, but to no avail, may I know the reasons why you switched from your XC90 to the current Vellfire?

Thanks

i feel Alphard looks boxy....

And Ugly...unless modify like Jepun wagon style with 22" rims,lowered suspension and 3.5 litre engine

Alphard is very popular in Hong Kong. During my trip to Hong Kong last year saw many Alphards there

Those are the privatised transportation to Shenzhen. Ard 150HKD instead of taking the big bus where you'll to get off and on at the custom checks

Turbocharged

Err, didn't switch from XC90 to the Vellfire.

Still driving the XC90 now, its coming to 3.5 years. Longest time I kept a car.

Vellfire, bought for Missus, traded in her Mitsubishi i car for it.

Reason for changing i car to Vellfire, safety (more metal) and backside itchy [flowerface]

Also, once she have her 7 seater, free me up to buy a coupe/cabriolet.....(mid life crisis)....... [sweatdrop]

Had driven alphard alot of times.

Alphard is a really good drive... If you know how to dress it up, it will be really good looking.

Furthermore it is one of the most spacious mpv around. It can sit 8 people comfortably, with alot of legroom.

The seats are really comfortable and the interior of the mpv is really luxurious.

Engine and road noise is at its minimum.

Some of the higher end models is able to make the 2nd and 3rd rows of seats face each other.

It is a really good car if you have a chaffeur.

Alphard will look very nice if you know how to dress it up VIP style.

Driving position is very good and you can have a taller view than others.

Alphard posses a very commanding road presence and most car will give way or siam it which is good if you are driving the car.

Only drawback is the height of the alphard which is at 1.89m and it cannot enter carparks that are below 1.9m.

Neutral Newbie

Reason for changing i car to Vellfire, safety (more metal) and backside itchy [flowerface]

Also, once she have her 7 seater, free me up to buy a coupe/cabriolet.....(mid life crisis)....... [sweatdrop]

Ah, now i get it. Hope your plan goes well. [bounce2]

You should roughly be aware of my car searching story..... [flowerface]

Chief criteria was ~ Wanted a MPV with powered sliding doors.

Thus went down to look at the Mazda 5, quite ok with it, price was then $69K+, later dropped to $66K+.

After Mazda showroom went to Richburg, initially to look at the Estima,

however once there, the showroom display black full bodykit vellfire caught my missus fancy and

since its a present for her, suit her preference......

So its the looks of the Vellfire and the SIZE of it,

Plus Estima kinda common on the roads, Vellfire/Alphard more unique, though starts to see more of them nowadays.

Missus like the "tallness" of the vehicle, for her can just walk(bend a bit) to the 3rd row seats.(mine is 7seater, middle row 2 ind. captain chairs)

Her friends can even carry a toddler, sling a diaper bag and walk to the last row.

Before settling down on the Vellfire, went to look at the Elgrand as well.

1 drawback is the 1.9M height, some places cant go. But since have 2 vehicles is liveable. [thumbsup]

Thanks [thumbsup]

You can do anything in the Vellfire [lipsrsealed]

Turbocharged

While servicing the vehicle, came across the dealer preparing another Vellfire for delivery.

They were fitting in the sound system and full all round original MIJ toyota curtains.

Enquired the price, all in around $1k+......Hmmm....... [thumbsup][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement