Steel braided brake hoses

Hamburger

for a start, i m always sceptical abt tis product but aft installing it, i now tink differently.

for sure, it don increase e brake pressure. But e firm feeling on e brake pedal is felt immediately. Gone is e soggy brake feel on my mpv as e hose no longer "bloat" as compared to stock.

Reason for mi chge is: had to brake real hard on 1 occasion n e brake feel was less reassuring as i felt e sponginess on e pedal. Anyway it din cost mi a bomb n really felt it was $$ well spend [scholar]

↡ Advertisement

Just gives you a confident feel niah....

Remember to upgrade your brake pads. They are the most important. [thumbsup]

(edited)

But make sure you get ur mechanic to check on the steel braided hoses at every servicing.

Someone from another forum had his brakes failed on NSH and found that 1 steel hose was leaking brake fluid.

Not sure if it was not installed properly or quality issue.

Edited by Orac

Neutral Newbie

But make sure you get ur mechanic to check on the steel braided hoses at every servicing.

Someone from another forum had his brakes failed on NSH and found that 1 steel hose was leaking brake fluid.

Not sure if it was not installed properly or quality issue.

Most of the time its due to installation not properly done especially the retaining clip which is used to hold the hose is not installed back after removing the old hose. After some knocking around and rubbing the hose will eventually leak or break altogether.

Especially those tailor make locally. Make very very sure they have the right furrules, crimping machine and the right fittings. Wrong size furrules will not hold the fiitting to the hose end in place at high pressure and temp resulting in leak and possible sudden collapse of brake fluid pressure. Using the wrong fitting may result in poor seating, cross thread and not able to propely tighten the female fitting.

Many hydraulic hose shops in Spore are gear for industrial and oil industry machineries and therefore they may not carry the correct automotive brake hose fittings.

Meaning these aftermarket SSBH do not come with the required fittings? Or only referring to some brands? [confused]

Supersonic

If you want to get, better to get well-known brands like Goodridge.

They are purposely make for your car. They are of the right length and good quality.

Some local made are joint pieces, very risky.

If you want to get, better to get well-known brands like Goodridge.

They are purposely make for your car. They are of the right length and good quality.

Some local made are joint pieces, very risky.

mi use HEL(UK). seems reputable enuh [rolleyes]

there is a additional coating over e stainless steel braid of which numerous colour i can choose from....

Neutral Newbie

My choice of brake upgrades (in order of chronological installation):

1 - Uprated brake pads + brake disc skimming

2 - Higher DOT brake fluid + regular bleeding

3 - Uprated brake hoses

4 - BBK

I usually stop at (2) coz that will be more than sufficient for regular driving and city-dash-stop sprint. [drivingcar]

And it is easy on my pockets... $$ [thumbsup]

My choice of brake upgrades (in order of chronological installation):

1 - Uprated brake pads + brake disc skimming

2 - Higher DOT brake fluid + regular bleeding

3 - Uprated brake hoses

4 - BBK

I usually stop at (2) coz that will be more than sufficient for regular driving and city-dash-stop sprint. [drivingcar]

And it is easy on my pockets... $$ [thumbsup]

Usually brake pads are enough lah. The rest are due to you surf mcf too much. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Just my 2 cents tot... a lot of plp invest plenty of money in expensive brake upgrade but try to save on tyre. Not saying that brake hose, brake oil or brake pad, brake caliper & etc is not important, it is very important to ensure that these component in the braking system is maintain well and should be replace if required. However, upgrading such component may not be necessary... Ever seen Evo with Firenza tyre, so what if the car is equip with 4 pot brembo caliper, larger rotor, steel braided hose, 0-800 deg cel brake pad &etc?? if the tyre work like a roller blade and skid like nobody business during hardbraking, the car wont stop in time in the end of the day... always remember, it is the tyre is the one that stop the car, not the brake brake pad, the rotor or the brake hose, the braking system only stop the wheel, thats all. In fact, most of the time, u can always find that the OEM braking system works perfectly fine, but the car cannot stop in time because the tyre is not working well enof...

Just my 2 cents tot... a lot of plp invest plenty of money in expensive brake upgrade but try to save on tyre. Not saying that brake hose, brake oil or brake pad, brake caliper & etc is not important, it is very important to ensure that these component in the braking system is maintain well and should be replace if required. However, upgrading such component may not be necessary... Ever seen Evo with Firenza tyre, so what if the car is equip with 4 pot brembo caliper, larger rotor, steel braided hose, 0-800 deg cel brake pad &etc?? if the tyre work like a roller blade and skid like nobody business during hardbraking, the car wont stop in time in the end of the day... always remember, it is the tyre is the one that stop the car, not the brake brake pad, the rotor or the brake hose, the braking system only stop the wheel, thats all. In fact, most of the time, u can always find that the OEM braking system works perfectly fine, but the car cannot stop in time because the tyre is not working well enof...

Fully agreed with you. [thumbsup]

I was on stock brake system but upgraded to better tires. Once I encounter a situation where I had to do an emergency brake, my tires were the ones that managed to stop in time.

Stock brake system just maintain the brake pads and renew the brake fluid once or every 2 years for its optimal performance. Of course, if there is rear brake drums, remember to service the drums too.

Is it v possible that we can drive the stock rubber brake hose until it pecha then mod to SBBH ? Or the rubber 1 will nvr spoil de?

Is it v possible that we can drive the stock rubber brake hose until it pecha then mod to SBBH ? Or the rubber 1 will nvr spoil de?

As some members highligted, brake hose could damage due to bend, friction between the hose vs tyre sidewall & etc. However, even SSBH could experience the same damage if same thing happen.

it is unlikely for the stock hose to get bursted for no reason over time. The more likely that will happen is the quality of the original rubber brake hose to get degraded overtime due to constant abuse of heat and pressure, thus expand when brake is applied. when this happen, the driver will experience spongy brake feels...

u sure or not.by the time you discover your stock brake hose giving you problems hose crack /leak , maybe you wont even have a chance to type here anymore [rolleyes]

for a start, i m always sceptical abt tis product but aft installing it, i now tink differently.

for sure, it don increase e brake pressure. But e firm feeling on e brake pedal is felt immediately. Gone is e soggy brake feel on my mpv as e hose no longer "bloat" as compared to stock.

Reason for mi chge is: had to brake real hard on 1 occasion n e brake feel was less reassuring as i felt e sponginess on e pedal. Anyway it din cost mi a bomb n really felt it was $$ well spend [scholar]

THis one is physics... dunno why u skeptical

Frankly I have been associated with the auto service industry since mid 1970s, up to date I have not even witness any stock brake hose burst due to normal usage. Most of the industrial and auto high pressure oil or air hoses are usually manufactured with a safety burst pressure of at least 3 times of the working pressure.

↡ Advertisement