How bad is the car industry ? See here.

Darth_mel

Neutral Newbie

Looks bad in Japan or those countries with car factories.

But in Singapore case, its a car buying country.

Amazingly, the Jap cars still can increase in prices (example new Mazda3) due to OMV increase.

Other countries I believe may have Lelong car sales, with cheaper price, to move the car stocks and entice more buyers.

I read news say China and UK got special rebate $$$ to those people who is willing to scape their old cars and buy new cars.

But how come these same cheaper cars NEVER come to Singapore?

Why aren't the cheaper offers given to the AD by the car manufacturer?

Or the least the PI should be able to get cheaper OMV cars into Singpaore, thru their japanese/uk agents....but it never really happened!

WHY WHY WHY?

Neutral Newbie

Amazingly, the Jap cars still can increase in prices (example new Mazda3) due to OMV increase.

Other countries I believe may have Lelong car sales, with cheaper price, to move the car stocks and entice more buyers.

I read news say China and UK got special rebate $$$ to those people who is willing to scape their old cars and buy new cars.

Or the least the PI should be able to get cheaper OMV cars into Singpaore, thru their japanese/uk agents....but it never really happened!

WHY WHY WHY?

that's because just like u... these people also perceived that the economy is getting better... [thumbsup]

WHY WHY WHY?

Now then you know. when economy is really bad, a lot of things here still keep going up and up. Even it is against the global trend, they will still have "valid" reason to "justify" this. This is the unique thing here.

You remind me of another member here.

ya. seems like i'm not the only one who got these vibes

anyway, people still willing to spend on new car, if the price remains high, too bad lor.

nobody forced anyone to buy what.. unlike housing which IS a necessity

Basically people are still getting by for now. So there will be pockets of people who still can afford to buy cars and condos, pick up some bargains during such times.

Is it really that bad? I'll say even with the stock market crashed, and then recent rally, I have friends who are quietly making a killing. It is in voletile times like that, that good gamblers thrives.