How bad is the car industry ? See here.

Darth_mel

Subaru is partially owned by Toyota, so are Perodua.

As for Mitsubishi and Mazda, although they are technically not owned by other maker, but there are in collaboration with a few auto manufacturer to survive in the tough market.

• Praise 3

Our govt earn more than what car factories profits for a production car. Just by selling a piece of damn paper.

Now still got paper meh?? Thought all electronic liao?? Paper also don't have lor.

Subaru is partially owned by Toyota, so are Perodua.

As for Mitsubishi and Mazda, although they are technically not owned by other maker, but there are in collaboration with a few auto manufacturer to survive in the tough market.

All the Japanese carmakers got collab here and there, all friend friend one.  [grouphug]

Mazda also got input a bit from Ford (from previous ownership days).

Why cant gov allow us to change car as and when we like but the 10 years COE grace period still hold?

Example my car still left 7 yrs COE. I change car without need to bid COE by using back current left 7 yrs COE? Then we can have more new and safer cars around and help to promote more car sale

• Praise 2

Worth exploring. 

I think one possible intention is to prevent opportunistic buying at troughs. 

For example when pqp is very low one can renew and then later change to new car. The other possibility is to buy an entry level car at low Coe prices (think QQ) and upgrade to better model a couple of years later. 

Why cant gov allow us to change car as and when we like but the 10 years COE grace period still hold?

Example my car still left 7 yrs COE. I change car without need to bid COE by using back current left 7 yrs COE? Then we can have more new and safer cars around and help to promote more car sale

• Praise 1

Worth exploring.

I think one possible intention is to prevent opportunistic buying at troughs.

For example when pqp is very low one can renew and then later change to new car. The other possibility is to buy an entry level car at low Coe prices (think QQ) and upgrade to better model a couple of years later.

But why gov care about that if they dont bother about AD monpolise the bidding of COE?

I suspect they are trying to take care on the 2nd hand car market. They will close shop as more ppls will got for new car instead

coe high = pro business and pro taxes

coe low = pro buyer (not good for public transport policy)

hence, there is absolutely no reason for govt to have policy to moderate coe

in fact, govt is moving toward shaping policy to deter private transport (ie: owning car)

i say enjoy while it last ... the end of car owning it's COMING !!!

govt is slowly rolling out car free zone/estate and limiting car park space for new building/development ...

But why gov care about that if they dont bother about AD monpolise the bidding of COE?
I suspect they are trying to take care on the 2nd hand car market. They will close shop as more ppls will got for new car instead

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Our govt earn more than what car factories profits for a production car. Just by selling a piece of damn paper.

yeah, and the paper is damn tokgong. no need much resource to produce, no need for r&d, no need to maintain, no need to recall.

yeah, and the paper is damn tokgong. no need much resource to produce, no need for r&d, no need to maintain, no need to recall.

no need printer to print also....

and can recycle/recollect more $ every 10yrs!

Willing buyer for paper, willing seller too. No one to blame for the high prices.

Then wat will happen to ur 3yr old car? scrap? Anyway u can still deregister your 3yr old car and get back unused COE, same thing basically u get back ur COE in money. And its actualy better that way because if u bought a car with high COE, and COE drops, you wouldnt wan to use ur current coe to transfer to a new car right, wouldnt make sense financialy.

I think coe is good and necessary, imagine the roads and car parks if there was no COE. Only thing i would like is that if only buyers can Bid for COE, then it would be much better, not many people in SG have 50-60 cash to bid. Currently i feel dealers are controlling the bid prices as all they want is just to secure the sale. 

and probably the easier and most profitable project there is by LTA

↡ Advertisement