Second Hand Car Dealers' Admin Fee

Achtung

I paid $350 for admin charges...I can't be bother becos i like that car. In the contract, I stated that I will only buy the car if STA grading is A only. Any other then that they will fully refund the 3k deposit. They sent the car in for grading, it got a A. The report will give you the break down of grading. 4 or 5 out of the & category was rated A and rest B. Make sure critical category are A and there are NO C or D.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

By the way bro I would like to know how much does it cost for transfer fee?

Check around net and saw it range from $500-600+ is that true?

you can check in www.onemotoring.com

Supercharged

Transfer fee to be paid to LTA is based on value of vehicle..

Transfer Fee

2nd hand dealer tried 2 do the same wen i wen 2 collect the car after everiting was done, my brother picked up such a fuss tat dey eventually jus waived it on the spot hahahaha, its their trick la bro, jus play hard ball n say u cancelling the deal n will consult ur lawyer, watch dem panic n waive it

will vary for different models

I just speak to one of the dealer. He told me for used car i got to pay them $300 agreement fee. is it standard market practise?

beware.

dont later after agreement fee then suddenly pop up another admin fee....:)

I just speak to one of the dealer. He told me for used car i got to pay them $300 agreement fee. is it standard market practise?

=============

just say U wil not pay this fee.

I also kenna b4. I just say NO. If he want to call off deal I am fine. Usually they will back down

Its only a tactic to earn more $$$ from u. They r just trying their luck.

currently is a sellers market, no longer like one yr ago buyers mkt... buy 2nd hand car very simple, car price+

1) 1st mth instalment

2) insurance

3) LTA transfer fee

anything outside this is up to the dealer/buyer to nego. last time they still got chut pattern, last min throw in GST.. heng i dun hear this trick recently. admin fee range from 300 upwards, no need tink too much abt it. if the price is good, they will waive the fee. if price no gd, they will insist on the fee. basically you just gotta decide all in, how much u willing to pay for the car and tell the dealer straight in the face on your final price. 羊毛出在羊身上

<_< its been some time since i last posted..

just wanna update u guys on my incident in july..

Upon questioning the dealer with a complaint email, they waived my admin fee without much hesitation.. [laugh]

And.. i questioned and probed on the car's condition.. and even called up STA to understand why the car got only grade B.. i was really reluctant to go ahead with the deal...

Anyway, they eventually absorbed the inspection fee as well..

After driving for some days.. really frustrated.. problems arise one after another..

1) car plate lights failed

2) boot unable to close normally.. (have to slam hard)

3) tyre punctured on way to work...

4) missing tool in the boot..

5) boot light failed..

6) reverse camera sometimes can sometimes cannot

7) front headlight failed..

8) side mirror badly scratched (initially thought its removable stain)

The faulty lights were fixed FOC, tools replaced (own $), tyre fixed (own $), scratches removed (own $).. the rest... i'll just live with them.. bo pian..

But, still quite happy with the car after these few months.. it gives pretty good FC... and i believe the overall performance is still good.

Bottom line is... be really careful if you plan to get 2nd hand.. get someone experienced to help u with the checks.. best if its someone who has driven the same car before..

AND

Insist on NO ADMIN FEE

Insist on STA grade A ONLY

<_< its been some time since i last posted..

just wanna update u guys on my incident in july..

Upon questioning the dealer with a complaint email, they waived my admin fee without much hesitation.. [laugh]

And.. i questioned and probed on the car's condition.. and even called up STA to understand why the car got only grade B.. i was really reluctant to go ahead with the deal...

Anyway, they eventually absorbed the inspection fee as well..

After driving for some days.. really frustrated.. problems arise one after another..

1) car plate lights failed

2) boot unable to close normally.. (have to slam hard)

3) tyre punctured on way to work...

4) missing tool in the boot..

5) boot light failed..

6) reverse camera sometimes can sometimes cannot

7) front headlight failed..

8) side mirror badly scratched (initially thought its removable stain)

The faulty lights were fixed FOC, tools replaced (own $), tyre fixed (own $), scratches removed (own $).. the rest... i'll just live with them.. bo pian..

But, still quite happy with the car after these few months.. it gives pretty good FC... and i believe the overall performance is still good.

Bottom line is... be really careful if you plan to get 2nd hand.. get someone experienced to help u with the checks.. best if its someone who has driven the same car before..

AND

Insist on NO ADMIN FEE

Insist on STA grade A ONLY

More of a usual wear n tear except the boot cannot close properly as u told me last time is due to accident. Still not fixed meh? As long the gear box and the engine is fine is alright liao as is the 2 most important part and is v costly to repair.

I understand admin fee is b-------t. but this dealer caught me off guard with this "agreement fee"!!!! I wonder what other pattern he can come out with? Really sick and tired of this people. Anyway will see how it turns out tomorrow when i see the dealer.

Edited by Swiftee

More of a usual wear n tear except the boot cannot close properly as u told me last time is due to accident. Still not fixed meh? As long the gear box and the engine is fine is alright liao as is the 2 most important part and is v costly to repair.

i was really frustrated.... 1 yr old car can be so terok...

i tried to fix the boot at a workshop at macpherson... but it just got worse.

Any workshop to recommend for a sure fix?

i was really frustrated.... 1 yr old car can be so terok...

i tried to fix the boot at a workshop at macpherson... but it just got worse.

Any workshop to recommend for a sure fix?

send it back to dealer and get it done.alternatively,get those spray paint workshop to do it for you.

Admin fee is a ploy to squeeze more out of you. After you have agreed car price with the dealer and agree to start with documentation to purchase the car, admin fee suddenly appear on their written quotation.By then, you are almost to embarrased to back out as they tell u that admin fee is standard practice.

One dealer in AML even said... in AML standard Agreement Fee is 800 bucks! Make my balls laughed. I told him, ai or mai? In the end, suak.... I went to another dealer. As I paid cash, I gave him 100 bucks ang pao.

Admin fee is a ploy to squeeze more out of you. After you have agreed car price with the dealer and agree to start with documentation to purchase the car, admin fee suddenly appear on their written quotation.By then, you are almost to embarrased to back out as they tell u that admin fee is standard practice.

It will be good to spread the word to stand our ground. Usually the first time car buyers are the ones who tend to be fleeced.

↡ Advertisement