Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Just to check with all bros here, driving the 2014-2015 Sylphy Signature. The time has come for me to change my tyres. Slightly past the 2 year mark now. Any recommended tyres? I am still using stock.

↡ Advertisement

Just to check with all bros here, driving the 2014-2015 Sylphy Signature. The time has come for me to change my tyres. Slightly past the 2 year mark now. Any recommended tyres? I am still using stock.

The stock tyres, EP1500 or EP150 , seem to be good enough for me. there  another model EP200 or EP2000 which the shop may push to you and is slighly more ex, is for bigger CC car, so our 1.6 using ep1500 or 150 is good enough.

btw the profile side 195/60/16 is an odd size and outside quite diff to find.. the 205/55/16 profile is acceptable. I have check with TC before.

(edited)

The stock tyres, EP1500 or EP150 , seem to be good enough for me. there  another model EP200 or EP2000 which the shop may push to you and is slighly more ex, is for bigger CC car, so our 1.6 using ep1500 or 150 is good enough.

btw the profile side 195/60/16 is an odd size and outside quite diff to find.. the 205/55/16 profile is acceptable. I have check with TC before.

Yes, 195/60/16 is difficult to find, not sure any other size is suitable, I just changed my in the service center, $145 each excluding GST. Maybe next time I will try get it outside 205/55/16.

Replied your mail on the air-con filter, sorry I seldom log in.

Edited by B_goh88

Yes, 195/60/16 is difficult to find, not sure any other size is suitable, I just changed my in the service center, $145 each excluding GST. Maybe next time I will try get it outside 205/55/16.

Replied your mail on the air-con filter, sorry I seldom log in.

got the mail already,...thanks ... now looking for the torx screw driver set ...

let us know what other DIY you have done.. lol

The stock tyres, EP1500 or EP150 , seem to be good enough for me. there another model EP200 or EP2000 which the shop may push to you and is slighly more ex, is for bigger CC car, so our 1.6 using ep1500 or 150 is good enough.

Actually I am tempted to try 215/55r16, GR100. Any bros here tried it on the original rims? Will there be any compatibility issues?

Actually I am tempted to try 215/55r16, GR100. Any bros here tried it on the original rims? Will there be any compatibility issues?

I had used the previous gen gr90.. quiet n grippy for day to day use. 215/55/16 should fit..

Compare the price for gr100 vs xm2 mischelin.. i vote for xm2

no issue with 215/55/r16. I actually change that size using Good year efficient grip. Initially would like to use bridgestone GR100... but too ex as compare... grip wise it is much much better than stock.

Thanks guys for your replies. Going to try 215/55r16. Have booked an appt with Hawk Tayar. No GR100 though. Going for Michelin Primacy 3ST

Hello guys, thinking of getting the old nissan sylphy. Coe car. Is it worth it? And is the car reliable enough to last for another 5 years? How's the maintenance for the car? Thanks guys!

Hello guys, thinking of getting the old nissan sylphy. Coe car. Is it worth it? And is the car reliable enough to last for another 5 years? How's the maintenance for the car? Thanks guys!

When VES kicks in all COE car got hard time to pass inspection.

Neutral Newbie

Hi acetron, tigerjos,

would like to join as well! PM tigerjos my hp liao.

thanks!

Hi Acetron,

Would like to join the WA group as well. have PMed my HP to Acetron. Thanks in Advance

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys anyone else here driving a 2008 1.5A Sylphy? I got this like a couple of months back and I am still trying to find the best petrol for this car. Any suggestions or recommendations? 

I get around 11.5-12/litre on average with SPC's 98. SPC's 95 gives me slightly lesser. Petron's 97 gives me around the same as 95. 

But SPC 98 can feel difference in power same goes for Shell 98. Never quite noticed how much distance Shell 98 gives me and I have yet to try the other types. 

And is there a sylphy whatsapp or fb group to share and exchange information? :)

Supercharged

Hi guys anyone else here driving a 2008 1.5A Sylphy? I got this like a couple of months back and I am still trying to find the best petrol for this car. Any suggestions or recommendations? 

I get around 11.5-12/litre on average with SPC's 98. SPC's 95 gives me slightly lesser. Petron's 97 gives me around the same as 95. 

But SPC 98 can feel difference in power same goes for Shell 98. Never quite noticed how much distance Shell 98 gives me and I have yet to try the other types. 

And is there a sylphy whatsapp or fb group to share and exchange information? :)

Mine is Jan 2010. Getting 7.8 litres per 100 kilos, or  12.8 km/l on Grade 95 Esso or Caltex (depends on coupon).

I drove the former model and driving the current.

So far Caltex give me the most mileage, follow by Esso, Both using 95 . 

For whatt app group, Pm the bros (check the above mails)_ and  welcome in advance

Mine is Jan 2010. Getting 7.8 litres per 100 kilos, or  12.8 km/l on Grade 95 Esso or Caltex (depends on coupon).

bro, how did you manage to get the free coupon,? 

I bought from Carousell tho..overall good saving

Just changed aircon filter myself too. The location of the filter box is quite odd and the size of the filter box opening is actually smaller than the size of the filter. Need to really squeeze the filter whether removing or inserting.

I initially followed some USA guy website for instructions but turned out their filter size for Sentra is different from our Thailand Sylphy. Correct dimensions of our aircon filter is 238mmx153mmx32mm.

cCZznnu.jpg

Remove the 3 screws when glovebox is open first.

ox2FwZ2.jpg

Close the glovebox and remove the outside 3 screws. After all 6 screws are out just pull on the entire glovebox and it should slide out.

8bxURs2.jpg

Also you will need pentagon-shaped screwdrivers for the screws. Can get those $2 multi-screw set from Daiso they have every screw size imaginable.

U9KBQyV.jpg

Last thing in the way is the filter box cover which is a white color tab. Simply pull outwards from the top of the tab and can access the filter itself already.

I bought my filter replacement from Aliexpress and found that the filter quality is a lot stiffer than the original filter so inserting it in was quite a stretch but it was the correct size and fit after all.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipment-CU1629-Factory-Outlet-272771KA4A-Best-Quality-Fiber-Car-Cabin-Air-Filter-CA-18200-for/32701738810.html

• Praise 1

Hi all, I m new Sylphy owner. I am getting 8.5kmpl avg. Is this normal? Any petrol recommendation?

I'm finding the pickup is very slow and makes lot of noise with heavy foot.

I was driving Honda City earlier and finding this car inconvenient in many departments. Hitting knee Everytime I sit in the car. No place to keep Mobile. Pickup is bad comparatively. Openings dashboard drawer falls on knees, I had 2 in City and really useful.

New car don't have mirror on passenger​front seat shade.

Just changed aircon filter myself too. The location of the filter box is quite odd and the size of the filter box opening is actually smaller than the size of the filter. Need to really squeeze the filter whether removing or inserting.

I initially followed some USA guy website for instructions but turned out their filter size for Sentra is different from our Thailand Sylphy. Correct dimensions of our aircon filter is 238mmx153mmx32mm.

cCZznnu.jpg

Remove the 3 screws when glovebox is open first.

ox2FwZ2.jpg

Close the glovebox and remove the outside 3 screws. After all 6 screws are out just pull on the entire glovebox and it should slide out.

8bxURs2.jpg

Also you will need pentagon-shaped screwdrivers for the screws. Can get those $2 multi-screw set from Daiso they have every screw size imaginable.

U9KBQyV.jpg

Last thing in the way is the filter box cover which is a white color tab. Simply pull outwards from the top of the tab and can access the filter itself already.

I bought my filter replacement from Aliexpress and found that the filter quality is a lot stiffer than the original filter so inserting it in was quite a stretch but it was the correct size and fit after all.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipment-CU1629-Factory-Outlet-272771KA4A-Best-Quality-Fiber-Car-Cabin-Air-Filter-CA-18200-for/32701738810.html

good Job!!

Hi all, I m new Sylphy owner. I am getting 8.5kmpl avg. Is this normal? Any petrol recommendation?

I'm finding the pickup is very slow and makes lot of noise with heavy foot.

I was driving Honda City earlier and finding this car inconvenient in many departments. Hitting knee Everytime I sit in the car. No place to keep Mobile. Pickup is bad comparatively. Openings dashboard drawer falls on knees, I had 2 in City and really useful.

New car don't have mirror on passenger​front seat shade.

8.5 km/l seem a bit low ....and i don think petrol make great difference...

i am hitting about 12 km/l almost 95 city driving, some can hit 14-15 km/l

You may want to go and check with TC

For the passenger side's shade , you can buy one mirror, take out the frame and use double side stick on the shade..it is as good as original

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1