Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I m new Sylphy owner. I am getting 8.5kmpl avg. Is this normal? Any petrol recommendation?

I'm finding the pickup is very slow and makes lot of noise with heavy foot.

I was driving Honda City earlier and finding this car inconvenient in many departments. Hitting knee Everytime I sit in the car. No place to keep Mobile. Pickup is bad comparatively. Openings dashboard drawer falls on knees, I had 2 in City and really useful.

New car don't have mirror on passenger​front seat shade.

New Sylphy model? 1.5A? 8.5km per litre is really quite low. Even my 2008 model using 4speed gives me 11.5km per litre. 

Quite normal for pickup to be slow and noisy as the body of Sylphy is pretty heavy and the 1.5A engine groans and cries whenever you attempt heavy acceleration.

I don't face any of your other issues like drawer or knee hitting though, not sure about the other bros with newer versions.. But yes passengerfront no mirror. Good for me because this helps to deter my OC from applying makeup in the car  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi all, I m new Sylphy owner. I am getting 8.5kmpl avg. Is this normal? Any petrol recommendation?

I'm finding the pickup is very slow and makes lot of noise with heavy foot.

I was driving Honda City earlier and finding this car inconvenient in many departments. Hitting knee Everytime I sit in the car. No place to keep Mobile. Pickup is bad comparatively. Openings dashboard drawer falls on knees, I had 2 in City and really useful.

New car don't have mirror on passenger​front seat shade.

What petrol do you pump? I am using Esso's Synergy Extra 5000, equivalent to 95-Octane. Driving about 70% highway 30% city, getting about 15.7km/l. However do check manually when pumping petrol, like how much your mileage on current tank over how much fuel you used, much more accurate than the gauge on your instrument cluster.

How old is your car? How much have you driven? How many servicing? Accordingly, your fuel consumption will improve gradually especially after your first few servicing. 

And about the slow pick-up, do agree that CVT's pickup is very slow, but it does compensate with better fuel economy and smooth acceleration. Probably your bad consumption may be due to the initial heavy acceleration to get up to speed. Maybe try to ease a little, anyway I see many cars also slowly accelerating. 

Passenger seat sunshade mirror can request for your SA.. Got mine after requesting..

• Praise 1

Just to check, did you guys sign up for the NPMP package after completing your free servicings for 1st 50000km? Still pondering if I should do the servicing outside or in-house after this

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone wanna to take over Nissan Service Package? valid till end 2018 with 3 more service pkg. Willing to let go with discount. Plse PM to discuss. TY

• Praise 1

Am driving 2010 sylphy 2.0.

recently am facing a prob which my a/c will auto turn to out flow and with a "shut down" parts sound. Anyone know whats is happening??

my car only drove about 103,000km for this 80 months. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Folks, i just pick up a coe nissan sylphy 1.5a, make in year 2007. Mileage is 200k, engine wise is quiet, gearbox is smooth. I hope that this car can last another 5 years. One thing i like to ask is , what is the cost for changing 4 original shock absorber plus labour?

Also do you have any tips to share on this car.

• Praise 1

Hi Folks, i just pick up a coe nissan sylphy 1.5a, make in year 2007. Mileage is 200k, engine wise is quiet, gearbox is smooth. I hope that this car can last another 5 years. One thing i like to ask is , what is the cost for changing 4 original shock absorber plus labour?

Also do you have any tips to share on this car.

do call TC to quote you their pricing bec they do have promos for absorber replacements. Comparatively, it might be slightly more expensive than os ws but at least they are familiar with the replacement; and see if they do advise you of ageing parts that u can consider replacing os.

Tks.

• Praise 1

I won't recommend Sylphy to anyone based on my experience.

Considering I moved from Honda City - i found this car really junk !

I wonder how people get FC 14-16kmpl :: its magical !

I bought Sylphy 3 months and here is my experience :

• Worst pick up - compare to City 
  • FC 9kmpl if driving in city, 11kmpl on highway (i drive very smoothly btw)
  • Engine is very noisy when you put on some weight on accelerator - Honda was quiet.
  • Interior isn't well thought - Why?
  •        - USB stick hard to insert 
  •        - all door pockets are not good to fit even yakult bottle or water bottle
  •        - can't fold backseat
  •        - no cup holder (all cars have these days)
  •        - no vanity mirror for front passenger (REALLY !)  - what is the point of such design
  •        - if you are TALL then hit the knee every time you sit in the car
  •        - odometer display is such a backward - isnt' well thought software
  •        - Radio doesnt work well even on the road (could be a problem with my set) 
  •        - Car doesn't start (happened almost 8 times in 3 months).. can't press BRAKE so can't start the car !  Yes - of course, have spoken to service head, sales head about this issue !
  •        - the Car Media unit's touchscreen shouldn't be called touchscreen (its dated)

btw - out of frustration, i am selling my 3 months old Sylphy and planning to buy again Honda City (new 2017) - which is more spacious, well designed compare to Sylphy.

On another note - my service experience is BAD when I compare to Honda. Honda is very personal. I have already wrote long email to Nissan manager and talked to them in detail how they can improve. 

I am not sure about other cars of Nissan but surely read all my points before considering this car.

Again, its personal preference/choice of getting car and PLEASE don't ask why did I chose this car  [:(]  but 3 of my friends who own sylphy told me they are on my side !

• Praise 2

Supercharged

• Engine is very noisy when you put on some weight on accelerator - Honda was quiet.
  •        - all door pockets are not good to fit even yakult bottle or water bottle
  •        - no vanity mirror for front passenger (REALLY !)  - what is the point of such design
  •        - Radio doesnt work well even on the road (could be a problem with my set) 
  •        - Car doesn't start (happened almost 8 times in 3 months).. can't press BRAKE so can't start the car !  Yes - of course, have spoken to service head, sales head about this issue !
  •        - the Car Media unit's touchscreen shouldn't be called touchscreen (its dated)

btw - out of frustration, i am selling my 3 months old Sylphy and planning to buy again Honda City (new 2017) - which is more spacious, well designed compare to Sylphy.

On another note - my service experience is BAD when I compare to Honda. Honda is very personal. I have already wrote long email to Nissan manager and talked to them in detail how they can improve. 

I am not sure about other cars of Nissan but surely read all my points before considering this car.

Again, its personal preference/choice of getting car and PLEASE don't ask why did I chose this car  [:(]  but 3 of my friends who own sylphy told me they are on my side !

Latest model? G11 model from 2007 onwards is OK.

Not trying to defend or bash sylphy (I have 1 myself).

Most of the things you said I agree with you. Most are obvious when you check/test the car before buying.

Some of the other things you said sound like you got a lemon car --> 11km per litre on highway, Car doesn't start (happened almost 8 times in 3 months).. can't press BRAKE

• Praise 1

Hi all, I intend to buy a COE Nissan Sylphy (2007) this week. Hope to get tips from you guys. Cheers!

Hi what tips you need, I am driving a G11 (2010) first owner till now basically car doesn't not have any issue my mileage is 180K now and this car according to my mechanic is quite straight forward at certain mileage need to replace certain parts. Here is a list of parts I replaced:

1) 4 shock absorber at mileage 120K

2) Engine mounting at 140K

3) 4 ignition coil at 160K

4) Steering clock spring at 170K

Any of course the normal every 10K servicing. Hope this helps

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1