Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Hi Guys

Would like those Nissan Sylphy owners to provide me opinion about their cars

I’m just purchased a preowned 2016 model. Recently I realised, while the car is picking up, usually it’s quite smooth. But during driving like 30-40km drive, when the gear shifts higher, I can feel a slight jerk back then the gear changed smoother again. Is this normal?

Despite the jerk is not obvious but a driver can feel it while he drives. Just “like a change of gear shift slight pull back”. I am thinking a CVT gear box shouldn’t behave in this way.

Also for the inner, whenever I switch off the aircon, there will be some mechanical switch sound as well when pressing the start button to ignition the engine. There seemed to be a lot of mechanical switch relay sound for this car... this is my first time driving Nissan and I’m curious and little worried about it. Hope anyone could enlighten me

Been driving this car for 2 years already, about 48k mileage. 

No jerk, but can feel the vehicle got more power, like a tiny surge in acceleration, after going past 40km/h. Characteristics of CVT is to provide smooth power delivery, hence you should not feel any jerky or "gear changes", because there are none. Down side is slow pick up. But overall very smooth. 

Encountered the aircon issue. But only getting the sound when I turn it on. Got mechanical noise, cannot describle. Observed many other Sylphy also got this, so no worries. 

↡ Advertisement

wow 12-13 km/litre consider bad? Ok lah for our city road.

Drove a sunny previously and it is less. than 10 km/litre. was told the newer engine better but i doubt can go above 13 km/litre with that kind of body. 

Yes, I change my air-con filter every 15K, the one I've now is 20K, changing soon. I got the filter from TaoBao.

The China ones are slightly longer, I just cut it to size and change it. Changing is not difficult; just need a torque driver to remove the gloves box for easier accessing to the filter. I got my torque driver in TaoBao too.

Hi,

Just like to know where is the aircon filter located? Pls enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

I realized someone has posted the changing of the aircon filter! Anyway thanks to all who have contributed. But I would like to ask for the duration where you have to top up the aircon gases meaning the gases have run out. Do you base on the duration or by the mileage?

Regards

Edited by Roger2008

Hi,

Just like to know where is the aircon filter located? Pls enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

I realized someone has posted the changing of the aircon filter! Anyway thanks to all who have contributed. But I would like to ask for the duration where you have to top up the aircon gases meaning the gases have run out. Do you base on the duration or by the mileage?

After changing the aircon filter, I have trouble putting the cover back. Try it several times just couldn't get the bottom catch in the right position while the top catch is more easily done.

Regards

post-121040-0-33818500-1516175680_thumb.jpg

post-121040-0-40273100-1516175710_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Hi Guys

Iâm just purchased a preowned 2016 model. Recently I realised, while the car is picking up, usually itâs quite smooth. But during driving like 30-40km drive, when the gear shifts higher, I can feel a slight jerk back then the gear changed smoother again. Is this normal?

Despite the jerk is not obvious but a driver can feel it while he drives. Just âlike a change of gear shift slight pull backâ. I am thinking a CVT gear box shouldnât behave in this way.

Also for the inner, whenever I switch off the aircon, there will be some mechanical switch sound as well when pressing the start button to ignition the engine. There seemed to be a lot of mechanical switch relay sound for this car... this is my first time driving Nissan and Iâm curious and little worried about it. Hope anyone could enlighten me

I have the same issue since day 1, feedback this the TC, nothing much has been done. The so call jerk can be quite various, at time, it seems like quite light, at times, u can feel the pull. Since I am not the only one that feel this (fr this feedback in this forum), I feel should be ok. However, having drive Honda before, probably I will not buy Nissan car again although it is quite spacious inside.

Hi guys.

My front tires need changing. Original tyres from day one. 15inch

But a Tyre shop tell me no more such size Liao must change all 4.

Is that true? And if so, wouldn't changing size need adjust the speedo?

Hi guys.

What BS is that? IMO go to another tire shop to get a second opinion.

Go to this one. http://www.mycarforum.com/blog/12/entry-4945-eng-wah-tyre-and-battery-offers-excellent-service-at-affordable-prices/

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys

I’m just purchased a preowned 2016 model. Recently I realised, while the car is picking up, usually it’s quite smooth. But during driving like 30-40km drive, when the gear shifts higher, I can feel a slight jerk back then the gear changed smoother again. Is this normal?

Despite the jerk is not obvious but a driver can feel it while he drives. Just “like a change of gear shift slight pull back”. I am thinking a CVT gear box shouldn’t behave in this way.

Also for the inner, whenever I switch off the aircon, there will be some mechanical switch sound as well when pressing the start button to ignition the engine. There seemed to be a lot of mechanical switch relay sound for this car... this is my first time driving Nissan and I’m curious and little worried about it. Hope anyone could enlighten me

Driving 2015 model, which should be the same as the 2016 one. Think that pull back is normal, not so much a jerk, but maybe slightly lesser power during that 1-2 sec, but after that the pick up from 40km/h onwards is fine. 

One way to overcome this is to use sports mode all the way to 50-60 km then turn it off, though dunno if that will affect fuel consumption, and you will still a bit of the pull back when you turn it off and it switches back to normal mode.

Hi guys.

Share the sIze and which shop. Then can tell you if BS or not.

I think the tires no more is kind of gimmick from particular shop upsell their other models. I got same talking when I was driving Estima. They said standard size for Estima no more, only got bigger inch and also nicer!!! Wtf...because second word “nicer” very obvious.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, just recently got a lite sylphy facelift version. Would like to check how much does it cost or anyone got any lobang if changing the head unit to support reverse camera, GPS? Basically what the head unit that the premium version has.

Regret not getting the premium version :(

• Praise 1

When on the aircon, there is a loud "tuck"sound. Very unrefined for such a car.

Been driving this car for 2 years already, about 48k mileage. 

No jerk, but can feel the vehicle got more power, like a tiny surge in acceleration, after going past 40km/h. Characteristics of CVT is to provide smooth power delivery, hence you should not feel any jerky or "gear changes", because there are none. Down side is slow pick up. But overall very smooth. 

Encountered the aircon issue. But only getting the sound when I turn it on. Got mechanical noise, cannot describle. Observed many other Sylphy also got this, so no worries. 

↡ Advertisement