New Hyundai Verna Transform (facelifted Accent)

Whyeme

From Paul Tan's Automotive News:

The model that we know as the Hyundai Accent has been updated in Korea and called the Hyundai Verna Transform, a naming scheme that seems to echo the Sonata facelift which was also called a Sonata Transform.

Most of the equipment and engines remain the same and the only other change from the exterior looks seem to be an Eco indicator on the instrumentation panel which lets you know when you are driving economically, a revised dash design and blue backlighting for the dashboard instead of green. Those stuff they put on the grille don

post-4955-1244613610_thumb.jpg

post-4955-1244613621_thumb.jpg

post-4955-1244613630_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

still look like a cheap car...only peasants will buy...

Most car sold in SGP are meant for peasants....even "scholar" are driving peasant's car

(edited)

I agree with Paul Tan. Hyundai keeps announcing new signature grilles as if they have no corporate pride, while Komoco really has no customer interest in mind by removing some high-quality trim from the new Avantes (no more soft padding on the doors & interior silver trim), obviously to exploit customers who doesn't want to spend another $10k to get an Altis.

the current Komoco situation reminds me of Nissan, which once was hugely successful at no. 2 with the sunny and the cefiro. Once demand for Avante is over, Hyundai & Komoco will be in deep sh*t.

Edited by Alfist168

And they still don't want to bring in the i10 and i20 somemore.

they feel embarrassed winning Honda mah...

so must slack off a bit

they feel embarrassed winning Honda mah...

so must slack off a bit

Nah maybe. Haha. But in the business sense, it is the lack of a long-term focus of the company that led to such decisions. They are concerned only with the profits they can make NOW and not in the FUTURE, and this is evident by them trying to MATCH their competitors instead of trying to exceed them in areas that Komoco can control e.g. equipment of their cars.

Imagine a Avante top-of-the-range version with dealer supplied GPS, auto-folding mirrors, classy 16'' rims, auto wipers, blueteeeeeth etc. that match the price of an Altis. Wahaha. Even camry buyers who wants to be stingy may be tempted to choose this car.

(edited)

Its not that Komoco does not want to bring in the i20 and i30.

The omv of the cars make them not feasible.

If they do decide to bring in, the cost of the i20 will be around the same price as the avante.

U have to think of it frm the boss's point of view

Will u buy then?

Edited by Limxiaoming
↡ Advertisement