Shopping for used sedan. Feedback please.

George1688

Neutral Newbie

Hi! I am shopping for a used sedan. I am probably going to use this car for about 1-2 years (so a good resale value is a must) and I'm looking for a 2006 or 2007, 1.8-2.4L sedan and I'm willing to pay about $45,000-$50,000. Size is not an issue but I'm going to travel long distances with this car to my workplace daily so a good a fuel efficient car is an advantage. I prefer a car with a luxurious feel to it. I am extremely confused as seen in my long list of choices, please help me by telling me which car from each category you like most. Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated.

My choices are:

Compact Sedan

2006 Honda Civic 1.8, 2.0 or hybrid

2007 Mazda 3 2.0L (previous model)

2007 Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0L

2006 Nissan Sylphy 2.0L

Mid-size Sedan

2006 Honda Accord 2.0L (previous model)

2006 Nissan Cefiro 230JM

2006 Toyota Camry 2.4L (previous model)

I know that those cars are very different, so please just pick one from each category. Thanks. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hi! I am shopping for a used sedan. I am probably going to use this car for about 1-2 years (so a good resale value is a must) and I'm looking for a 2006 or 2007, 1.8-2.4L sedan and I'm willing to pay about $45,000-$50,000. Size is not an issue but I'm going to travel long distances with this car to my workplace daily so a good a fuel efficient car is an advantage. I prefer a car with a luxurious feel to it. I am extremely confused as seen in my long list of choices, please help me by telling me which car from each category you like most. Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated.

My choices are:

Compact Sedan

2006 Honda Civic 1.8, 2.0 or hybrid possible but very common

2007 Mazda 3 2.0L (previous model) nope

2007 Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0L erm, sort of for the inner ah beng

2006 Nissan Sylphy 2.0L nope

Mid-size Sedan

2006 Honda Accord 2.0L (previous model) good idea sporty yet elegant

2006 Nissan Cefiro 230JM nahhhh FC can kill

2006 Toyota Camry 2.4L (previous model) very possible, consider the 2.0 version and get the AD version not the PI one PI one has ugly bubbly headlamps and weird front grille

I know that those cars are very different, so please just pick one from each category. Thanks. [thumbsup]

if you have a real passion for luxxx cars, get a mark x. [thumbsup]

so i pick honda civic and toyota camry.

EDIT: forgot to pick.

Edited by Amortifiedpenguin

Since u have the budget, go for "T" or "H" brand.. think won't regret in time to come (no offences to the rest k.)

My choices are:

Compact Sedan

2006 Honda Civic 1.8, 2.0 or hybrid

2006 Nissan Sylphy 2.0L

Mid-size Sedan

2006 Nissan Cefiro 230JM

If I am travelling long distances everyday, will definitely go for hybrid...save $$

For me, I would get Civic 1.8 Hybird. Cheaper road tax and also save on petrol. If you always go up north, I would suggest Camry. It's always a all time favourite.

You won't go wrong with Japanese car.

Enjoy your new ride

[drivingcar]

If I am travelling long distances everyday, will definitely go for hybrid...save $$

how to save $$? the cost of a hybrid is still so expensive.

the PI accord (prev model) looks sporty...even more with the mugen front grille instead of the stock chrome....

and i like the sides of the headlamp which is lighted in purple... cool...

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for your feedback. I'm actually very interested in the Civic Hybrid, but the price is kinda steep. Considering the low PARF rebate, the resale value might not be very good.

Neutral Newbie

the PI accord (prev model) looks sporty...even more with the mugen front grille instead of the stock chrome....

and i like the sides of the headlamp which is lighted in purple... cool...

I like that car too, but I want to buy something that has been maintained by the authorized dealer. The Mark X looks very good, but unfortunately, its not brought in by Borneo [thumbsdown] .

My choices are:

Compact Sedan

2006 Honda Civic 1.8, 2.0 or hybrid - My Pick as this car is the nicest to drive in this list.

2006 Nissan Sylphy 2.0L

Mid-size Sedan

2006 Nissan Cefiro 230JM - My Pick as this car has 6 cylinder over the 2 car which have 4 cyl.

(edited)

Not worth lah. Hybrids benefit first owner on the rebate thing(but if you go into the details, it dun quite seem to be so). The demand is low hence resale value is also low. Getting a 1.8L Civic is better, less dan 5 years by the time you sell or export it, the resale value is still high.

Edited by Watwheels

(edited)

With your budget i'll go for a 2nd hand sonata

Sonata Sgcarmart

but of coz tat's after bargaining to $32k.

do ur math and u'll realized it's the most cost saving car that'll give u that extra comfort without breaking ur bank.

Edited by Friendstar

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Get the Cefiro. Reasons being :

1. Resale value sucks, so you can actually get it at slightly above paper value for a 2006 car. There after, its mainly the drop in COE for the next 1-2 yrs.

2. Most comfy amoungst your list. Lots of people says its Ah Pek, but if you are at the age, whats the big deal ??

3. FC ? Prob not as good as Camry, but not too far off.

4. V6 not great, but definitely better that 4-cylinder.

Note that getting a used car with good resale value also means that you'll have to pay a premiun to buy it. End of the day, is the actual difference in buy/sell price that counts.

Edited by Fondue

Neutral Newbie

With your budget i'll go for a 2nd hand sonata

Sonata Sgcarmart

but of coz tat's after bargaining to $32k.

do ur math and u'll realized it's the most cost saving car that'll give u that extra comfort without breaking ur bank.

I really like the Sonata but Komoco Motors always import stripped down versions of their cars even until now but Kia has stopped doing that. Thus, the used Sonata doesn't have many of the convenience and safety features that I need.

I really like the Sonata but Komoco Motors always import stripped down versions of their cars even until now but Kia has stopped doing that. Thus, the used Sonata doesn't have many of the convenience and safety features that I need.

that i agree =)

stuff like rear aircon, cruise control, 5 gear really help to make driving along the NSH better.

then perhaps a used 2006 cefiro.

i always loved cefiros. especially silver ones.

↡ Advertisement