Unichip Tuning

Ken1898

Road Tune or Dyno Tune to go for?

Any recommendations?

What car you driving?

Usually for more powerful TC cars, Dyno tuned is more recommended because the tuner will have to tune for all rpm bands on the gear ratio with the most load, usually this is gear 4...and if you're driving one of those powerful cars, redline on gear4 hehe...you're most probably way over 200km/h already....that's going to be quite hard to achieve on the road ya?

Even on normal NA cars, road tuning you will hit 180km/h on the expressways.

Definaely road tuning will be more "accurate" that dyno because on a dyno yo uwon't have the real road conditions, wind resistance etc...so road is better only if you dare to drive so fast on SG roads la..hehe...i did mine road tuned and honestly, it was pretty scary :)

Hmm... SG got place for road tuning meh...

Hehe, SG everywhere is road mah...why do you think tuners always only tune at night :)...that's why i say it's scary...not because of the speed but for other reasons hehe..

Tune by?

Hehe, better dun say la...but quite a good tuner...the end result was very good :)

Actually alot of tuners in the market also road tune this way la...just dun get caught..

Y not...? the tuners knw where to go for road tuning...tats y many a times owners are not allowed to follow as passenger while tuners do their job in the car...of cos this is not the main reason la..

Hmm... SG got place for road tuning meh...

Road tune...look for Andrew 9859-0800...i did my Unichip with him...In case u need to mention name, i'm Gary driving a white legacy.

Road Tune or Dyno Tune to go for?

Any recommendations?

Road tune...look for Andrew 9859-0800...i did my Unichip with him...In case u need to mention name, i'm Gary driving a white legacy.

Haha, your tuner same tuner as mine :)

Very good road tuner...only problem..YOU got to be the driver while he tunes hehe...

if budget allows, always end up with a road tune. ie dyno first to tune at all speeds/rpm, then fine tune on the roads.

the dyno will give you measured performance indicators, while road tune will give you more driveability suited to your driving pattern/style and real-life situations/environment/factors. a dyno will give you the possibility of most power (at top end) on the charts, but not necessarily for daily driving because it doesn't take into account load caused by drag and tyre rolling resistance, or ambient temps, etc.

if budget doesn't permit, go straight for a road tune.

Haha, your tuner same tuner as mine :)

Very good road tuner...only problem..YOU got to be the driver while he tunes hehe...

Yes. Got it tuned by Andrew. [thumbsup]

doesnt matter....all u need is a turbo in ur car, and of cos the Unichip ecu...

haha i dont have turbo i have supercharger.

how much will the unichip ecu cost + remapping/tuning

if the tuner is good, no need road tune at all.

see my response above. it's best to have a road tune after dyno tune. you can't replicate operating conditions, esp in our climate conditions. the big fan in front of the dyno doesn't cut it.

it's more important to have a road tune if you want best on-road performance. if you are just out to squeeze the most power on paper, then dyno-only would work best.

↡ Advertisement