Unichip Tuning

Ken1898

Unichip tuning helps to push the engine efficiency up to maximize its potential. More importantly, you can squeeze another 8-12% more torque depending on the car model and this translates into better response. If you get another 10bhp at 5500 rpm, does it really matter in your daily drive? Torque is more important.

Check out this http://sgeauto.com/?p=543

brother, power is derived from torque...

If low power means torque low. If torque high means power high. Saying that torque matters and power doesn't matter doesn't make sense.

d4499521743b9c08cd5c752bcd7bf717.png

↡ Advertisement

if i dun have Turbo or Supercharge for my car is it still useful to get a unichip and tune?

you must tune your car anyway (whether with unichip or any other means) if you turbocharge or supercharge your car. Otherwise your car won't know how to handle the air and fuel.

Neutral Newbie

brother, power is derived from torque...

If low power means torque low. If torque high means power high. Saying that torque matters and power doesn't matter doesn't make sense.

My bad, the torque characteristics of the engine would be more important in your daily drive. For example, most 16V engines achieve that maximum torque at 3500-4000rpm and their maximum horsepower at 5500-5800rpm. If you look at the typical NA 16V engine torque curve, after 4000rpm, the torque tapers downwards whereas horsepower curve rises. But a car typically pulls the hardest between 3500-4000rpm. By the way, the formula should be HP = Torque x RPM

i think it depends on what engine mods. exhaust mods usually give you <= 5hp anyway, so it usually isn't really a major part of a power upgrade

bro your exhaust refering to extractor cat and muffler ??

or just muffler ??

bro your exhaust refering to extractor cat and muffler ??

or just muffler ??

yes ah, the whole thing. exhaust mods only allow the exhaust gas to flow better - it actually doesn't increase power per se.

...and usually, while you may gain a little on the maximum power you can achieve, you will usually lose power at the low- and mid-range RPMs as your engine struggles to push the exhaust out (bottom picture).

exhaust3.jpg

exhaust4.jpg

yes ah, the whole thing. exhaust mods only allow the exhaust gas to flow better - it actually doesn't increase power per se.

...and usually, while you may gain a little on the maximum power you can achieve, you will usually lose power at the low- and mid-range RPMs as your engine struggles to push the exhaust out (bottom picture).

Hey thanks for the tips =)

Neutral Newbie

Has anyone done Unichip tuning at Gary Engineering? He has a Japanese staff that does road tuning for Unichip. Wonder how good they are compared to Andrew, the freelance tuning that people recommend on the forum?

Neutral Newbie

Has anyone done Unichip tuning at Gary Engineering? He has a Japanese staff that does road tuning for Unichip. Wonder how good they are compared to Andrew, the freelance tuning that people recommend on the forum?

Don't go for road tune. Anything happen accident at total lost or speeding at your own risk. Go for dyno tune is the best I believe nobody will just drive at 100km/h? Sure got ppl drive up to Malaysia drive beyond that .

Unichip tuner I was done by Dynotechnica benny Teo .

Neutral Newbie

if i dun have Turbo or Supercharge for my car is it still useful to get a unichip and tune?

Answer is yes, no matter what u have mod still have to tune and get for best gain.

Tune for safe side don't go for road tune.

Go for Dyno run. Happy dyno chart result shown.