Put Euro Style Licence Plate Some More Lah

Nohnemwan

Turbocharged

I read the article first few lines also want to start laughing :D What's so stylish about Euro plates? Ang-moh from Europe also laugh to know that their common license plates are considered stylish here...

It's all about trend and popularity..... just a fad, if you want to think of it this way.

Why don't we start a movement to make legal singapore license plates 'cool' [cool] until ang-moh overseas start installing 'illegal' singapore-style license plates in their own countries :D

Possible! If enough of us start to make it popular...

typical human mentality..want to be different and attract attention... [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

the most stupid thing is how some drivers actually put SG below the EURO emblem.... wah lau....

lol..coz ASEAN logo look like fark... [laugh] [laugh]

TEMP%20ASEAN%20Logo%20-%20white%20bckgrd.jpg VS EU-logo.jpg

Edited by Shull

Yar...really funny WHY people keep saying raised chrome number is illegal.

In fact if you see the taxi/lorry, they are also using raised number.

Also long time ago in the 80's, Singapore cars all use raised chrome number as well.

As long as the chrome/silver is used with black plate...then it should be Legal.

Get ur facts right again! Lomg time ago, our characters are indeed raised BUT NOT CHROME. It is only polished, yes it shines in the past but it did not cast reflections like chrome. What is chrome? Look at some harleys davidson engines which is extremely shiny, now that is chrome. U learn something new, ignorant brat.

our LTA sibei bo liao, bloody reckless dangerous drivers they dontnknow how to catch, this type they catch until oo say .

I would jux say all must catch, these vain drivers have nothing better to do anyway, if they like to play hide & seek with authorities, this is the price to pay.

IMO, LTA is too strict with the whole vehicle modifications guidelines...

i buy the car with my hard earned monet, what i wanna do to the engine is up to me..spoil also i spend my own money to replace..why they have to kaypoh so much..

if they are scared that heavily modded vehicles are used for illegal racing, then instead of putting "*yada yada mods* may lead to premature failure of the engine and other related components. Hence, this may also adversely affect the safety and exhaust emission characteristics of the vehicle and is therefore not allowed.", might as well put "*yada yada mods* may lead to illegal street racing and therefore are not allowed"

Wat you said is indeed true, I m someone who is fine with all mods so long there is no nuisance caused to the neighbourhood.

the most stupid thing is how some drivers actually put SG below the EURO emblem.... wah lau....

Well it is actually sad that many of us are trying so hard to be somebody else. We r not proud being ourselves.

(edited)

So much hype about Euro-plates from the TP and journalists for which I do not know why. Perhaps they attract the most attention among the bunch of illegal plates seen around Singapore. In fact, there are tonnes of different types of illegal plates which do not garner such attention from both these 'kaypoh' parties. Like some here, I do not see what is the rationale for being so rigid about Euro-plates. Take note that these plates are considered to be legitimate plates in one of the world's superpowers, Europe! Nonetheless, I used to be sporting euro fonts once, but have since taken them down. I have legal 'euro plates' now sporting legal fonts. [lipsrsealed] Some may think that why go through all the trouble doing all this, but it is just a matter of personal liking and preference. Just like some of us will never understand cars with aeroplane spoilers or humongous bodykits on 13" rims.

Edited by Jetabout777

you are right bro.there was a story about a guy who duplicate the key and stole the rental car and drove it around WITHOUT a licence for 1.5 years before getting caught.That shows that even with legitimate licence plate,people can still do illegal things! [smash]

(edited)

Wat so nice abt euro plates ahz? Pay 30 to 60 bucks for it and risk paying more in fines if get caught.

Look at the number plate all know its from spore de. [confused]

Now every one driving the same car on the road, in order to be different and attract attention to the driver prize asset he spend so much to purchase, he muz mod his ride to make it different from others so others can bio his ride longer, mod car no. plate is one of the way.

Edited by Curahee

people usually find the easiest route to anything

is it easier to catch those euro licence plate or reckless driver

those that break the rules intention already know that have to pay the consequences

like if we park illegally we already factor in that we have to pay the fine but if we dont get fine than it is a bonus

Agree with you totally.

Those who use their Euro / small / chrome / SMLJ plate already know 100% it is illegal even before they mount it.

Since they still do it, that means they are daring the LTA to catch them.

In response to such a challenge, LTA catch lor.

If the culprits want to pay extra for fancy plates that they fully know are illegal, should we show any sympathy for them if they later get caught and fined? Should we accuse LTA of being bo liao and catching small fish?

I fully support throwing repeat offenders into jail. This is not something you can ever accidentally do. Before anyone orders the plate, the sign maker will tell him that it is illegal. That means the culprit has the knowledge and intent to break the law. First time, should fine the pr1ck. Second time, jail his a$$.

Get ur facts right again! Lomg time ago, our characters are indeed raised BUT NOT CHROME. It is only polished, yes it shines in the past but it did not cast reflections like chrome. What is chrome? Look at some harleys davidson engines which is extremely shiny, now that is chrome. U learn something new, ignorant brat.

Think you are right coz heard something like that. Silver and aluminium raise number plates with black background think can pass but chrome numbers surely cannot.

Turbocharged

nowadays i seldom see euro plate on the road. about one to two years back can see everyday

↡ Advertisement