Experience with Philips home appliances

Sofarsogood

Within a month, 2 of my home appliances (both Philips brand) failed. One is a standing fan which have been with me for 3 yrs+ and the other is a handheld vacuum cleaner which passed one year of use. Not that I trying to shoot down the brand, but really give me second thoughts about considering them for future home appliances e.g. TV, radio, hi-fi. Not sure if anyone had the same encounter as me.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

yeah...something wrong with their QC....

got a LCD....before end of 1st yr..the PC card spoilt....heng..else gonna cost around 700-800 for replacement....might as well get a new one at current going rate...

got a rice cooker.....the timer display failed....3 times..xchange until sian...that's was like within 2 months of usage...

bro, i think made in tiongkok is like tat 1lah !

even table fan oso cant tahan like b4.

my new dvd player oso got to send back to Tpayoh twice for repair.

when i was there for the 2nd time, i politely told the service adviser with polite tone , oso with a little smile, that after 1st repair, my new disc oso kena jammed, oso kena scratchd.

if really cannot put in order, please do me a favour: scrap it 4me.

she askd me Y? since it is under warranty.

i told her that b4 i was a technician, keep repeating repair on the same set wud be TL case, can get angry 1 u know.

2days later she called me that she replaced it wit a new set for me [gorgeous] .

(edited)

I have also long blacklisted that brand. Some negative experience I encountered are

1. Fan need to run for more than 1 minute before going to full speed.

2. TV unable to switch off using the Power Off button on TV itself. Can only be off using remote controller.

2. Handphone keep hanging.

Anyone has experience with their electric shaver as it it quite widely sold in shops?

Edited by Jorje

bought a LCD last oct

encounter one problem in the screen

was told to do a few checks (try n error) to determine where the problem lies

for the technican the few checks are simple for them to conduct but for us (layman) would be not so easy

dun understand why cant they just sent the technican down to solve

if we (layman) knew how to do it, i would not be asking them for help

was quoted 70odds just to come down

oredi feedback to them regarding their after sales service

dunno know whther they will improve or not

Neutral Newbie

During the last philip carnival, I overheard a auntie asking the philips staff," Yr philip product not v gd...Y still hold tis carnival?"

Tis auntie was blunt but I feel she's right.

(edited)

I had an old Philips vacuum cleaner and bought a few pieces of dust bags from their head office in Toa Payoh. I put in the new bag and both holes (bag and vacuum cleaner) couldn't align and, thinking that I placed the dust bag in the wrong direction, I turned it around and not only it still didn't align but the door to the compartment holding the dust bag jammed. I pulled hard and it opened but in doing so the whole locking mechanism broke. I cursed myself and wanted to throw the whole vacuum cleaner away and get a new one (other brand, enough of Philip) when I decided to try my luck by compaining to Philips. I told them obviously their customer service personnel sold me the wrong type of dust bag, that's why both holes couldn't align and resulted in the broken locking mechanism. I demanded for compensation and they gave me a new vacuum cleaner as replacement!!!! :D

Edited by Redstorm

Agreed tat philip not as lasting. so far felt that panasonic quite good. my samsung LCD TV less than 3 yrs old and like going to spoilt anytime. everytime i switch it on, the screen will flicker for 30 secs

Neutral Newbie

hmmm....if no good then why aunty still go Philips Carnival [confused]

Cos she's a lao auntie ma....come to carnival to kpoh...nt to buy anything....pp come, she oso come n squeeze in(jee chao)

Me jus live opp nia...nvr step into e carnival for many yrs liao....

Never bother with philips, over the years i hear more complains than praises.. in the 1980s it was still good. but from 1990s onwards never touch.

it used to be good, but now really going downhill. my mum trusted this brand so much that she will buy appliances marked with philips. until now... our newly bought cake mixer, blender, and dect phones all went dead within 6 months. to make things worse, e cake mixer had sparks coming out of it and burnt smell but when we brought it back, they offer to repair only!! we told them there might be health hazard concerns and they just reply 'our technicians will know what to do, can repair will just repair.' really disappointing...

↡ Advertisement