• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 45 praises

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

Elixir
  • Elixir
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, I travel quite often and was thinking of helping my co-workers to drive when visiting customers.

Im a Singaporean, holding Class 3 and 2B licence.

Do any guys here know how and where can I convert to International licence?

Many Thanks.
曾经沧海难为水, 除却巫山不是云, 取次花丛懒回顾, 半缘修道半缘君
Huge experiences will change your perceptions in life...

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:25 PM

Turret
  • Premium member
    Turret
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, I travel quite often and was thinking of helping my co-workers to drive when visiting customers.

Im a Singaporean, holding Class 3 and 2B licence.

Do any guys here know how and where can I convert to International licence?

Many Thanks.

contact AAS (www.aas.com.sg) - I think they are the only authority to issue international driving permit in singapore. hope this helps.

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

Elixir
  • Elixir
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

contact AAS (www.aas.com.sg) - I think they are the only authority to issue international driving permit in singapore. hope this helps.

Thanks. Just managed to google and find out how to apply IDP from AAS.

Thanks.
曾经沧海难为水, 除却巫山不是云, 取次花丛懒回顾, 半缘修道半缘君
Huge experiences will change your perceptions in life...

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

Mustang
  • Mustang
    Banned

Correct me if i'm wrong our license is already International when we drive in Commonwealth countries like Malaysia,UK,Australia etc?Cause sometimes i would drive my mum-in law car in Malaysia.Even got stop at road blocks before but so far its ok.
Its better to drive a small car with BIG brain rather than driving big car with NO brain at all!
If you don't like my attitude Dial 1800 Eat s--t

People from other countries are also amazed when Singaporeans are stupid enough to own cars at ridiculous prices tagged with something funny called COE. So no matter you are driving a tin can from whatever country, contis or supercars, you are already losing money from the moment you sign on the dot. My point is, respect other's choice, if you got nothing better to say, just shut up.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:11 AM

Kennethlhw
  • Kennethlhw
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

so can we drive a Malaysia car with a Singapore License in Malaysia?

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:19 AM

Windchoco
  • Premium member
    Windchoco
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I have been doing that a lot.... so far still ok leh... kena road block just anyhow humtam some Malay words lor.... Worse till worse u always have the $50 option...

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

Auyongtc
  • Auyongtc
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

You can use your SG license to drive a MY plate car in Malaysia. That is allowed. Imagine if you're renting a car in Malaysia with your SG license say from Hertz, it's still MY plate right?

However, you are NOT ALLOWED to use your SG license to drive a MY plate car inside Singapore.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:52 AM

Allen
  • Premium member
    Allen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i think the rule is :
sg licence cannot drive MY plate car
my licence cannot drive sg plate car
due to insurance issue.
but it is ok for rented cars as the insurance is bought under u when u hire the car.
if it is allowed then why so many MY licence need to convert to sg licence before they are allowed to drive sg plate car in singapore?

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

Auyongtc
  • Auyongtc
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

i think the rule is :
sg licence cannot drive MY plate car
my licence cannot drive sg plate car
due to insurance issue.
but it is ok for rented cars as the insurance is bought under u when u hire the car.
if it is allowed then why so many MY licence need to convert to sg licence before they are allowed to drive sg plate car in singapore?

MY license can drive in SG (any car plate, even SG plate) for the first year here by the way. SG license can't drive MY cars in SG is because they don't want people here to bypass buying SG cars.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

Turret
  • Premium member
    Turret
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

have the same experiences while driving to kuantan....

kena road block once.. dunno who they are also.. they speak to me in malay while i do not understand at all.. show them my sg driving licence, just keep smiling at them, act stupid.. ... i think finally he also give up...

they do not look like TP as they do not carry gun... wonder who are they?

I have been doing that a lot.... so far still ok leh... kena road block just anyhow humtam some Malay words lor.... Worse till worse u always have the $50 option...

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:03 PM

Auyongtc
  • Auyongtc
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If they're in dark blue uniform, they should be JPJ... the road transport department officers (like LTA here). TP is white, normal police is dark blue but different shade, and carries gun/cuffs. JPJ officers normally check on lorries, cars with illegal modifications including dark tint.

have the same experiences while driving to kuantan....

kena road block once.. dunno who they are also.. they speak to me in malay while i do not understand at all.. show them my sg driving licence, just keep smiling at them, act stupid.. ... i think finally he also give up...

they do not look like TP as they do not carry gun... wonder who are they?

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

Ecclesiasm
  • Ecclesiasm
    Clutched
    Author Image

informative thread.

Thanks!

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

shinewen
  • shinewen
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, can a Singaporean with International Driving License drive a Malaysian car in Singapore?

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

as long as your are SC or SPR, no way to drive MY registered car in SG though there's exception which is limited to number of entries and company letter to proof that you are working in MY on long term basis. Has nothing to do with International Driving Permit (not licence).

Hi, can a Singaporean with International Driving License drive a Malaysian car in Singapore?

Edited by Kangadrool, 05 May 2015 - 03:29 PM.

2BDriver and Jamesc praised this

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your answer can be found here : http://www.lta.gov.s...otorcycles.html

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:39 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No. There's also no such thing as International Driving License. Only an International Driving Permit, but it is not a license - it's just an endorsement of your local license in many languages.

I have a valid driver's license in 3 countries, and still I cannot legally drive a foreign registered vehicle in Singapore.

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:49 PM

lucy90yan
  • lucy90yan
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Correct me if i'm wrong our license is already International when we drive in Commonwealth countries like Malaysia,UK,Australia etc?Cause sometimes i would drive my mum-in law car in Malaysia.Even got stop at road blocks before but so far its ok.

If you really think like that, u were so lucky they never caught u. If not, u were get court. Because you SG driving license is not international license. Even you ask the SG TP, they also not recognize the SG license is international license

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:00 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

If you really think like that, u were so lucky they never caught u. If not, u were get court. Because you SG driving license is not international license. Even you ask the SG TP, they also not recognize the SG license is international license

SG licence is still valid if travel to those countries, if not those car rental company won't dare to rent car to tourist.

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Read my post above again, there is no such thing as an international license.

Silver_blade praised this

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:47 PM

lucy90yan
  • lucy90yan
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

SG licence is still valid if travel to those countries, if not those car rental company won't dare to rent car to tourist.

so why still had people driving without idp have been saman by those country, like UK, US, AUZ

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: convert, Singapore, licence and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users