How to convert Singapore licence to International Licence?

Elixir

Hi, I travel quite often and was thinking of helping my co-workers to drive when visiting customers.

Im a Singaporean, holding Class 3 and 2B licence.

Do any guys here know how and where can I convert to International licence?

Many Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, I travel quite often and was thinking of helping my co-workers to drive when visiting customers.

Im a Singaporean, holding Class 3 and 2B licence.

Do any guys here know how and where can I convert to International licence?

Many Thanks.

contact AAS (www.aas.com.sg) - I think they are the only authority to issue international driving permit in singapore. hope this helps.

contact AAS (www.aas.com.sg) - I think they are the only authority to issue international driving permit in singapore. hope this helps.

Thanks. Just managed to google and find out how to apply IDP from AAS.

Thanks.

Correct me if i'm wrong our license is already International when we drive in Commonwealth countries like Malaysia,UK,Australia etc?Cause sometimes i would drive my mum-in law car in Malaysia.Even got stop at road blocks before but so far its ok.

I have been doing that a lot.... so far still ok leh... kena road block just anyhow humtam some Malay words lor.... Worse till worse u always have the $50 option...

Neutral Newbie

You can use your SG license to drive a MY plate car in Malaysia. That is allowed. Imagine if you're renting a car in Malaysia with your SG license say from Hertz, it's still MY plate right?

However, you are NOT ALLOWED to use your SG license to drive a MY plate car inside Singapore.

i think the rule is :

sg licence cannot drive MY plate car

my licence cannot drive sg plate car

due to insurance issue.

but it is ok for rented cars as the insurance is bought under u when u hire the car.

if it is allowed then why so many MY licence need to convert to sg licence before they are allowed to drive sg plate car in singapore?

Neutral Newbie

i think the rule is :

sg licence cannot drive MY plate car

my licence cannot drive sg plate car

due to insurance issue.

but it is ok for rented cars as the insurance is bought under u when u hire the car.

if it is allowed then why so many MY licence need to convert to sg licence before they are allowed to drive sg plate car in singapore?

MY license can drive in SG (any car plate, even SG plate) for the first year here by the way. SG license can't drive MY cars in SG is because they don't want people here to bypass buying SG cars.

have the same experiences while driving to kuantan....

kena road block once.. dunno who they are also.. they speak to me in malay while i do not understand at all.. show them my sg driving licence, just keep smiling at them, act stupid.. ... i think finally he also give up...

they do not look like TP as they do not carry gun... wonder who are they?

I have been doing that a lot.... so far still ok leh... kena road block just anyhow humtam some Malay words lor.... Worse till worse u always have the $50 option...

Neutral Newbie

If they're in dark blue uniform, they should be JPJ... the road transport department officers (like LTA here). TP is white, normal police is dark blue but different shade, and carries gun/cuffs. JPJ officers normally check on lorries, cars with illegal modifications including dark tint.

have the same experiences while driving to kuantan....

kena road block once.. dunno who they are also.. they speak to me in malay while i do not understand at all.. show them my sg driving licence, just keep smiling at them, act stupid.. ... i think finally he also give up...

they do not look like TP as they do not carry gun... wonder who are they?

(edited)

as long as your are SC or SPR, no way to drive MY registered car in SG though there's exception which is limited to number of entries and company letter to proof that you are working in MY on long term basis. Has nothing to do with International Driving Permit (not licence).

Hi, can a Singaporean with International Driving License drive a Malaysian car in Singapore?

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Correct me if i'm wrong our license is already International when we drive in Commonwealth countries like Malaysia,UK,Australia etc?Cause sometimes i would drive my mum-in law car in Malaysia.Even got stop at road blocks before but so far its ok.

If you really think like that, u were so lucky they never caught u. If not, u were get court. Because you SG driving license is not international license. Even you ask the SG TP, they also not recognize the SG license is international license

If you really think like that, u were so lucky they never caught u. If not, u were get court. Because you SG driving license is not international license. Even you ask the SG TP, they also not recognize the SG license is international license

SG licence is still valid if travel to those countries, if not those car rental company won't dare to rent car to tourist.

Neutral Newbie

SG licence is still valid if travel to those countries, if not those car rental company won't dare to rent car to tourist.

so why still had people driving without idp have been saman by those country, like UK, US, AUZ

↡ Advertisement