Mercedes C-Class W204

Cerano

Neutral Newbie

They put all those funny code names i catch no ball. What CL7 , FD etc etc

VTEC just kicked in yo [thumbsup]

Haha,

CL7 = Honda Accord Euro R (Current version of Euro-Rs)

FD = Honda Civic 2007 to current model

The numbers shows the different type of civics.

Anyway, I also dunnno wat's a W204. LOL!

Can't u just put Mercedes C class 2009? :)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Gotta see this man... Wicked [thumbsup]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7AedCGrnjk [thumbsup]

I believe the C63 is this one... Belongs to a forumer in mbworld...

Haha, this video doesn't do the M3 any justice.

The 6.3L engine is too much for the 4L M to handle.

On the straight line the C63 would tear the M3 up any day and I highly doubt any "sensible" horses can be pushed out from the M3 without doing something that would make the car un-M liked.

How much roadtax does a C63 pay in sg? 6k?

Anyway, the ending part, is that a Porsche 911 turbo? (The mentioned 996TT, TT = twinturbo?)

Am pretty amazed that the AMG still win. lol.

But I'll still take the C63 over the M3 anyday if its I ever get a chance to get any 1 of it(Of course the 911 turbo would be my ideal choice).

Supercharged

They put all those funny code names i catch no ball. What CL7 , FD etc etc

pple here bery pro one,

all sibeh precise and technical.

btw, i driving wd40.

pple here bery pro one,

btw, i driving wd40.

the feeling how ? oily ? got VTECK?

Neutral Newbie

pple here bery pro one,

btw, i driving wd40.

wow.. that sounds like a good drifter. :D

actually here mostly BMW, Honda, Toyota and recently VW supporters.

no la also got alot of Merc supporters. They criticise a 4 cylinder BMW but Merc 4 cylinder no problem, even in a big car.

Neutral Newbie

no la also got alot of Merc supporters. They criticise a 4 cylinder BMW but Merc 4 cylinder no problem, even in a big car.

Maybe a 4 cylinder merc is supercharged? that's why..

Maybe a 4 cylinder merc is supercharged? that's why..

merc's forte is luxury mah not specialty in an engine. but even so like discussed in the 523i thead some people say FWD = fake merc

hehe, you are right.... it is often the self-proclaimed BMW purists and hardcore blue and white propeller fans who slam the 4 cylinder BMW the hardest. but i think they hate merc 4 cylinders even supercharged or turbo as well, in fact i don't think they will ever consider buying a mercedes, if they are true bimmer fans.

personally I feel 1er and 3er inline 4 engine is not bad. it is much smoother than honda and toyota inline 4 and often more dynamic as well. putting an inline 4 in 520i may be debatable, according to some, but i find it acceptable.

sometimes i think it is the singaporean nature to purposely look for an easy target to bitch about in order to feel better about their own possessions. why can't they look at the good points of the BMW inline 4 as compared to other marques, instead of comparing it to the BMW inline 6? if you compare BMW inline 4 with BMW inline 6, of course BMW inline 6 is superior lah, duh!

Neutral Newbie

hehe, you are right.... it is often the self-proclaimed BMW purists and hardcore blue and white propeller fans who slam the 4 cylinder BMW the hardest. but i think they hate merc 4 cylinders even supercharged or turbo as well, in fact i don't think they will ever consider buying a mercedes, if they are true bimmer fans.

personally I feel 1er and 3er inline 4 engine is not bad. it is much smoother than honda and toyota inline 4 and often more dynamic as well. putting an inline 4 in 520i may be debatable, according to some, but i find it acceptable.

sometimes i think it is the singaporean nature to purposely look for an easy target to bitch about in order to feel better about their own possessions. why can't they look at the good points of the BMW inline 4 as compared to other marques, instead of comparing it to the BMW inline 6? if you compare BMW inline 4 with BMW inline 6, of course BMW inline 6 is superior lah, duh!

if its me.. A true beemer should either be in a V8 or a V10. :D

Inline 6 is so yesterday.

Just ask any M drivers.

(edited)

if its me.. A true beemer should either be in a V8 or a V10. :D

Inline 6 is so yesterday.

Just ask any M drivers.

if you are talking to an american, a true Mercedes is V8 and V12, whether AMG or not. The V6 is like the entry level model there and not popular as they feel is the same as a normal American GM, ford or chrysler.

but BMW is different. Inline 6 is entry level in the US, but some of their most popular models in the 3er are also inline 6. But it is true that for their bigger cars like 5er, X5, 7er, 6er, the V8 is the standard popular engine choice.

in the US, 4 cylinder german cars are nonexistent. the buyers' market feel that want to get inline 4 might as well get a japanese car.

btw, the USA is the German marques' bigget market.

the difference here is that in europe and the rest of the world ex usa, inline 4 BMW and Merc are actually very common and popular. In fact S'pore market consider good liao, never bring in 518i for the past 5er models. In europe, 518i actually existed and sold prettty well. This of course applied to the 1.8 nd 2.0 litre inline 4 that was used in 3er and 5er. So contrary to assumption, inline 4 BMW are actually well within the BMW product family since a long time ago and should be considered every inch a "true" Bimmer.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

if you are talking to an american, a true Mercedes is V8 and V12, whether AMG or not. The V6 is like the entry level model there and not popular as they feel is the same as a normal American GM, ford or chrysler.

but BMW is different. Inline 6 is entry level in the US, but some of their most popular models in the 3er are also inline 6. But it is true that for their bigger cars like 5er, X5, 7er, 6er, the V8 is the standard popular engine choice.

in the US, 4 cylinder german cars are nonexistent. the buyers' market feel that want to get inline 4 might as well get a japanese car.

btw, the USA is the German marques' bigget market.

the difference here is that in europe and the rest of the world ex usa, inline 4 BMW and Merc are actually very common and popular. In fact S'pore market consider good liao, never bring in 518i for the past 5er models. In europe, 518i actually existed and sold prettty well. This of course applied to the 1.8 nd 2.0 litre inline 4 that was used in 3er and 5er. So contrary to assumption, inline 4 BMW are actually well within the BMW product family since a long time ago and should be considered every inch a "true" Bimmer.

Even an S600 there costs around 100k sing...

C63 AMG only 70+ k SGD...

You all like the C Class? Get this one lah! :D

Published July 4, 2009c.gif

C is for classy The C200 CDI Estate may be a small Merc but its form and function impress. By Samuel Ee

story_email.gif Email this article story_print.gif Print article ? story_feedback.gif Feedback FORM and function are two excellent reasons to consider a Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate, especially one with a diesel engine. The conventional choice would be a C200 Estate with a 1.8-litre supercharged engine but the interesting option has to be the C200 CDI with a 2.2.-litre turbodiesel.

BT_WEEKEND_1_CURRENT_SEC200.jpg

This is because the touring version of the C-Class with a diesel power plant will provide the most driving fun you will have in a small Merc. With its good low-end torque and fuel-sipping qualities, the C200 CDI can be rather entertaining.

But since it actually has the same diesel engine found in the E-Class limousine taxi, the downside is that it sounds like one too. But if you're on the move and the windows are up, the diesel clatter should be the last thing on your mind because you will be busy being impressed by its performance.

Floor the gas pedal from a stationary start and it may not feel this way initially. But once you're on the move, the diesel unit offers amazing elasticity. Despite its relatively small size, you will be overtaking bigger cars easily.

As with other four-cylinder models in the C-Class lineup, there is a five-speed automatic transmission that can be shifted manually using the gear lever. But the C200 CDI also has a pair of steering wheel-mounted paddle shifts for faster and more ergonomic shifts.

quoteTop.gif The C-Class touring has perfect proportions, with a window line that arcs gently downwards towards the rear in harmony with the sloping roofline. The tail is also the most elegant you will see on a station wagon - pert and just the right size.

quoteBot.gif The car feels more alive when using the gearbox in manual mode, with the crisp changes endowing it with an enthusiasm that will surprise you.

Sportier

Like the C-Class sedan, the C200 CDI Estate is rear-wheel-drive. But because of the latter's slightly stiffer rear suspension, the estate feels even sportier.

Together with the sharp and accurate steering that has recently been a C-Class characteristic, the C200 CDI handles very neatly for a load-lugger.

There is another reason to love the C-Class Touring: its styling. It has perfect proportions, with a window line that arcs gently downwards towards the rear in harmony with the sloping roofline.

The tail is also the most elegant you will see on a station wagon - pert and just the right size.

The extra cargo space it offers is practical too. There is an electric tailgate and Easy-Pack load-securing kit.

With rails on the loading floor, telescopic bars and a retractable belt, the Easy-Pack system ensures that the items in the luggage compartment do not move around during transit. A foldable storage box is also part of the kit.

When not required, all these fixtures can be stowed away nicely in an underfloor storage tray.

But at $176,888, it is about $10,000 more than the petrol version of the C200 Estate and strictly on an indent basis. Then there is the diesel tax, which adds $1.25 per cc to the road tax.

This is offset by the excellent fuel economy - at just 6.0 litres per 100 km - but not by much unless you're clocking up more mileage than a Singapore-Malaysia express bus. Still, in a perfect world, the C200 CDI would be the cool choice.

[email protected]

SPECS

Mercedes-Benz C200 CDI Estate

Engine 2,148cc turbodiesel

Transmission 5-speed auto

Max power 136 hp @ 3,800 rpm

Max torque 270 Nm @ 1,600-3,000 rpm

0-100 kmh 10.4 secs

Top speed 220 kmh

Price 176,888 (with COE)

Distributor Cycle & Carriage

Tel 6298-1818

This one right? [drivingcar]

IMG_2676%20[800x600].JPG

IMG_2677%20[800x600].JPG

IMG_2684%20[800x600].JPG

You all like the C Class? Get this one lah! :D

Published July 4, 2009

C is for classy The C200 CDI Estate may be a small Merc but its form and function impress. By Samuel Ee

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/motor/...37540,00.html?# Email this article http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/motor/...37540,00.html?# Print article ? http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/motor/...37540,00.html?# Feedback FORM and function are two excellent reasons to consider a Mercedes-Benz C-Class Estate, especially one with a diesel engine. The conventional choice would be a C200 Estate with a 1.8-litre supercharged engine but the interesting option has to be the C200 CDI with a 2.2.-litre turbodiesel.

http://java%20script%3a%6fpenwindow(

This is because the touring version of the C-Class with a diesel power plant will provide the most driving fun you will have in a small Merc. With its good low-end torque and fuel-sipping qualities, the C200 CDI can be rather entertaining.

But since it actually has the same diesel engine found in the E-Class limousine taxi, the downside is that it sounds like one too. But if you're on the move and the windows are up, the diesel clatter should be the last thing on your mind because you will be busy being impressed by its performance.

Floor the gas pedal from a stationary start and it may not feel this way initially. But once you're on the move, the diesel unit offers amazing elasticity. Despite its relatively small size, you will be overtaking bigger cars easily.

As with other four-cylinder models in the C-Class lineup, there is a five-speed automatic transmission that can be shifted manually using the gear lever. But the C200 CDI also has a pair of steering wheel-mounted paddle shifts for faster and more ergonomic shifts.

<!--coloro:--><span style="color:"><!--/coloro--> The C-Class touring has perfect proportions, with a window line that arcs gently downwards towards the rear in harmony with the sloping roofline. The tail is also the most elegant you will see on a station wagon - pert and just the right size.

[/color] The car feels more alive when using the gearbox in manual mode, with the crisp changes endowing it with an enthusiasm that will surprise you.

Sportier

Like the C-Class sedan, the C200 CDI Estate is rear-wheel-drive. But because of the latter's slightly stiffer rear suspension, the estate feels even sportier.

Together with the sharp and accurate steering that has recently been a C-Class characteristic, the C200 CDI handles very neatly for a load-lugger.

There is another reason to love the C-Class Touring: its styling. It has perfect proportions, with a window line that arcs gently downwards towards the rear in harmony with the sloping roofline.

The tail is also the most elegant you will see on a station wagon - pert and just the right size.

The extra cargo space it offers is practical too. There is an electric tailgate and Easy-Pack load-securing kit.

With rails on the loading floor, telescopic bars and a retractable belt, the Easy-Pack system ensures that the items in the luggage compartment do not move around during transit. A foldable storage box is also part of the kit.

When not required, all these fixtures can be stowed away nicely in an underfloor storage tray.

But at $176,888, it is about $10,000 more than the petrol version of the C200 Estate and strictly on an indent basis. Then there is the diesel tax, which adds $1.25 per cc to the road tax.

This is offset by the excellent fuel economy - at just 6.0 litres per 100 km - but not by much unless you're clocking up more mileage than a Singapore-Malaysia express bus. Still, in a perfect world, the C200 CDI would be the cool choice.

[email protected]

SPECS

Mercedes-Benz C200 CDI Estate

Engine 2,148cc turbodiesel

Transmission 5-speed auto

Max power 136 hp @ 3,800 rpm

Max torque 270 Nm @ 1,600-3,000 rpm

0-100 kmh 10.4 secs

Top speed 220 kmh

Price 176,888 (with COE)

Distributor Cycle & Carriage

Tel 6298-1818

Even an S600 there costs around 100k sing...

C63 AMG only 70+ k SGD...

Mai gong liao... Sibei sad one leh... [smallcry] [smallcry] [smallcry]

↡ Advertisement