Where to buy touch n go card in sg

Verve

once i tried buying a TnG card at the booth and they said they ran out of cards. The fella asked me to pay him cash and he used his card to tap the reader....nb! I had misplaced my card so i went to the Petron station to get 1. Lucky the fella allowed me to pay cash.....but once only.

Run out of cards?  Malaysia boleh! [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Truly Asia truly boleh arh. :D at least he exercised some flexibility to help you solve the problem. some of them might have asked you to settle this yourself. :huh::wacko:

stucked at customs becos of lack of card....

once i tried buying a TnG card at the booth and they said they ran out of cards. The fella asked me to pay him cash and he used his card to tap the reader....nb! I had misplaced my card so i went to the Petron station to get 1. Lucky the fella allowed me to pay cash.....but once only.

KNN...............he never offer to sell you his................and double the price................. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

KNN...............he never offer to sell you his................and double the price................. [:p][laugh][laugh]

lucky never...maybe he saw my innocent and pitiful face and it soften his heart. Help me good what....good deed mar!

revive this topic.

Going in during the festive period. My card expired and according to the news, they are closing all TnG booth during the period.

SO any other way to buy TnG card in Singapore before my trip?

Hypersonic
(edited)

revive this topic.

Going in during the festive period. My card expired and according to the news, they are closing all TnG booth during the period.

No relatives or friends going in? tompang purchase?

I just borrowing my BIL's card. he has 3. Or else not sure i can go in every year to keep it validated

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

revive this topic.

There is a auto kiosk at second link before Malaysia customs that sells, dispense new cards and topup. You need to use exact amount of notes as the machine does not provide change.

If you want to use toll up to malacca or beyond, make sure your card always have more than 30rm or else the touchngo wont work at toll booth.

Causeway wise i am not sure, some other bros can advise here.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

revive this topic.

If you go via 2nd link there is a shed at the centre abt 200m before the JB custom booth for you to get a new card.

But the machine only accepts RM$10 notes ya.....

• Praise 1

Thanks!

Going via 2nd link.

how much in total estimated to go up to port dickson and back?

There is a auto kiosk at second link before Malaysia customs that sells, dispense new cards and topup. You need to use exact amount of notes as the machine does not provide change.
If you want to use toll up to malacca or beyond, make sure your card always have more than 30rm or else the touchngo wont work at toll booth.

Causeway wise i am not sure, some other bros can advise here.

Supersonic
(edited)

Thanks!

Going via 2nd link.

i went to Malacca was about 70rm all in , port dickson should be slightly more. You buy a 150rm card should be enough. Always remember your card needs to have more than 30rm when you pass through a toll booth.

In fact yesterday was my first trip into boleh land after nearly 20 years.

Edited by Ct3833

Seeing the interests and lack of processing facility over in Singapore, I am, very surprise why no one want to set up some kind of business to buy back TnG cards from those motorists who are quite sure they are not going in again in next 6 months, or own those TnG cards expiring soon,  or sell new TnG cards with stored value online at slight premium.

I am sure many would not mind paying RM10 extra for a card with store value of RM100 for the convenience as I myself hate to have to go look for TnG booth when at custom, holding up fellow motorists behind. And I have been wasting money every year from those annual road trips where I tended to buy more than necessary, so losing easily RM100 every year as normally will not go North again within the year.

And don't even need to keep stock of the cards, just need to accept orders online and collect payment, and just go in once a week for example to buy the ordered quantity then mail them out to buyers. I believe there would be buyers within the MCF just if someone who go JB every week to pump petrol want to take up this job. Just few minutes effort required for the extra income.

To think so many people move cross the 2  land borders everyday. I believe the potential is there. Too bad I no flair in doing business haha.

• Praise 3

Seeing the interests and lack of processing facility over in Singapore, I am, very surprise why no one want to set up some kind of business to buy back TnG cards from those motorists who are quite sure they are not going in again in next 6 months, or own those TnG cards expiring soon,  or sell new TnG cards with stored value online at slight premium.

I am sure many would not mind paying RM10 extra for a card with store value of RM100 for the convenience as I myself hate to have to go look for TnG booth when at custom, holding up fellow motorists behind. And I have been wasting money every year from those annual road trips where I tended to buy more than necessary, so losing easily RM100 every year as normally will not go North again within the year.

And don't even need to keep stock of the cards, just need to accept orders online and collect payment, and just go in once a week for example to buy the ordered quantity then mail them out to buyers. I believe there would be buyers within the MCF just if someone who go JB every week to pump petrol want to take up this job. Just few minutes effort required for the extra income.

To think so many people move cross the 2  land borders everyday. I believe the potential is there. Too bad I no flair in doing business haha.

Now TNG counters are designated at certain custom counters. Causeway at Lane 7 i think, 2nd link can't remember. Not that much hassle if you can read some basic bahasa.

To buy and sell the cards in SG for that margin in ringgit? You got to be kidding right? The card also got expiry date and have to track the value. Once Malaysia change the card then you also got inventory to clear. 

Now TNG counters are designated at certain custom counters. Causeway at Lane 7 i think, 2nd link can't remember. Not that much hassle if you can read some basic bahasa.

To buy and sell the cards in SG for that margin in ringgit? You got to be kidding right? The card also got expiry date and have to track the value. Once Malaysia change the card then you also got inventory to clear. 

I think you are not reading my post properly. There is no inventory to clear simpoy because you do nto need to keep stock! When people buy online and pay through portal, then you considate the order and buy it weekly while you bring your ride to JB to pump petrol and buy cheap grocery and do massage and do car wash, as what some had been doing all this while.

And the margin is not that low. is 10% profit that low? And for those who like me who keep losing RM80 to 100 every year because of expiring cards, I am sure you can come up with something attractive if business savvy. I am sure if MCF is to do year-long charity drive as asking people to donate un-used TnG cards then bring JB to redeem, it will be some money at the end of the year.

Anyway thanks for your opinion. 

(edited)

Thanks!

Going via 2nd link.

Just a guide, it cost abt RM35 each way to & fro Malacca, plus RM20 Road Charge at customs (to enter Malaysia). So, as one bro here recommended, RM 150 is safer, as u can use this card for carpark deductions as well.

Topping up the card can only be done at some petrol stations, subject to availability.

I couldn't buy top up yesterday evening at Gelang Patah RR petrol stations (way back to S'pore) becos all sold out for the day!

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 2

I think you are not reading my post properly. There is no inventory to clear simpoy because you do nto need to keep stock! When people buy online and pay through portal, then you considate the order and buy it weekly while you bring your ride to JB to pump petrol and buy cheap grocery and do massage and do car wash, as what some had been doing all this while.

And the margin is not that low. is 10% profit that low? And for those who like me who keep losing RM80 to 100 every year because of expiring cards, I am sure you can come up with something attractive if business savvy. I am sure if MCF is to do year-long charity drive as asking people to donate un-used TnG cards then bring JB to redeem, it will be some money at the end of the year.

Anyway thanks for your opinion.

Sorry! I didn't explain clearer. It's unlikely one would do this op based on JIT unless you go in every day. Most folks would expect it immediately or within a day or 2 because we always last min realise need the card. So more likely need to stock up the cards a bit first like those SIM card owners.

The margin is 10% but somethings even 50% also not worthwhile unless you got free time and got passion. Frankly you also have to bear in mind some exchange risk. I presume some pay in SGD and ringgit as well. Holding ringgit is like so volatile sometimes.

Thanks for hearing out, great you have an idea just from this. All you know you may have a business winner in the making.

↡ Advertisement