Jaguar XF

Peaceracer

This car looks dam solid. Went for a test drive with my dad last weekend and we were impressed!

Was wondering anyone here owns this car? How is it like to own one and how is the FC like?

Luxury is currently at $195k
Premium Luxury is at $220k

Given a choice of the XF 3.0, BMW 530 ($241k), Lexus GS300 ($192k), Audi A6 3.0Quattro ($238k) and Merc E230 ($197k), Which would you choose? drivingcar.gif

post-26140-1246936976_thumb.jpg

post-26140-1246936984_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

the jag looks good. The bimmer and gs quite dated already. never really look at the merc yet.

actually some angles, the jag look real good. but at some angles, look a bit hyundai.

but it would still be my choice as an ah pek daily car.

Edited by Shemmy
  • Praise 1

Hahaz, quite agreed with your views on the GS and 530.

Prob is my 1st time in a car with a V6 and the sound is great! All the while only inline-4. Now i knw y ppl would choose V6 over the normal 4 whnever they had the chance. Power/torque although not more than 2.0 TFSI with stage 1 but prob the purr of the engine(wat the salesger described) makes it feel quite fast.

And the Bowers & Wilkins sound sys in the Premium Luxury is WoooHoooo. Ahhh manz....

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Definitely the Jaguar XF Premium Luxury, it is the latest model, Bowers and Wilkins sound system is heavenly and the car resembles an Aston Martin (same designer, Ian Callum) but the car might have some issues regarding reliability and the time taken for 0-100km/h is a tad slow at 8.3s. Forget the E-Class or 5 Series if you want something new.

Edited by George1688
  • Praise 1

This car is certainly refreshing for this particular market segment. Its exterior looks good and muscular, but its interior is even better. Simple things like the mechanism of push-start button, automatic air con vents, gear knob and the timeless design of the speedo and tacho cluster just makes you feel you are worth a million bucks.

• Praise 1

Hahaz, i think Wearnes was worried abt the reliability issue and you knw wat, they throw in 3 yrs free sevicing and warranty! As the salesger said, for 3 yrs, u only need to settle the petrol and tyres. That, i was impressed. [thumbsup]

Ya the car on paper seem quite slow but on the go it seems alrite. Almost comparable with passat 2.0T. But thn again, the Cat is at 1.67 tons whereas the VW is 1.45 tons. [drivingcar]

I too test driven the XF, love the comfort level and slight roar of the exhaust, however do seriously consider its reliability as its servicing and parts can be costly. And if got chance try out its ice again, personally the graphics on the LCD looks dated and pixellated and the software lags from window to window.

Imo, depending how hurry u thinking of getting the car, do consider the new e class, think open for booking in 4th quarter.

Neutral Newbie

I too test driven the XF, love the comfort level and slight roar of the exhaust, however do seriously consider its reliability as its servicing and parts can be costly. And if got chance try out its ice again, personally the graphics on the LCD looks dated and pixellated and the software lags from window to window.

Imo, depending how hurry u thinking of getting the car, do consider the new e class, think open for booking in 4th quarter.

At least the LCD screen is touch screen and u don't have to fumble with all sorts of buttons and knobs in order to do a simple task like changing the radio station. (*cough* Mercedes' COMAND, BMW's iDrive *cough*)

Ya, i wonder how is the pricing like for the new E class. The current E230 is below 200k. And the new E class looks.....

The Jag is full of motorised parts. The steering column, the air vents and even the gear knob. No wonder its sooo heavy. [drivingcar]

Bro no offense but if i'm paying this much for a car, I wun want to work myself by stretching my arm to play around the ice, then again the rolling feature on the steering controls is a nice touch. Seriously, the resolution and processing speed of the ice is like having a Torque converter gear box versus a DSG. In comparison the MMI on Audi ranks well follow by COMAND

it is a nice design exterior-wise. but i remember they retained the old engine. :/ quite a dealbreaker if you consider that their pricing isn't that exciting.

it is a nice design exterior-wise. but i remember they retained the old engine. :/ quite a dealbreaker if you consider that their pricing isn't that exciting.

Yes, how nice if they were to have BMW's 3.0l. Perfect if they hav the 335's twin turbo!

But they say that this engine went from 231 hp (172 kW) and 209 ft

If i were able to choose amongst the British makes, i will go for Aston Martin. The steely grunt of the engine note that you hear over 1km+ away is so marvellous!

*ZZRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I'll take VW Passat CC between 120k to 142k which is not in your list .hehe

Edited by Neokn

Neutral Newbie

If i were able to choose amongst the British makes, i will go for Aston Martin. The steely grunt of the engine note that you hear over 1km+ away is so marvellous!

*ZZRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The price you pay for Aston you can buy A FEW Jaguar XF lah....must be same category mah....

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

This car looks dam solid. Went for a test drive with my dad last weekend and we were impressed!

Was wondering anyone here owns this car? How is it like to own one and how is the FC like?

Luxury is currently at $195k

Premium Luxury is at $220k

Given a choice of the XF 3.0, BMW 530 ($241k), Lexus GS300 ($192k), Audi A6 3.0Quattro ($238k) and Merc E230 ($197k), Which would you choose? [drivingcar]

If you want absolute road holding sure the A6. Maximum Grip. I would think Merc is a good choice.

530 is dated now, to buy a new one. GS is is too boring. XF you would be worried about servicing, and spare parts.

So, I would think Merc and Audi are good choices. Go test drive both and you might have the answer.

All these cars are big and heavy, in town use surely high consumption. On a highway, they don't really consume that much petrol as compared to a normal car.