Jaguar XF

Peaceracer

I'm sorry but I don't understand the numbers, could you explain? 20% of what? What is "whatever is left"? Why would you give them the parf, or did you mean something else by 'minus the parf'?

I can figure out 84 x 2088 though. (Most marriages don't last as long.)

Anyone know what is the best 100% cash price for this lovely motor?

20% down payment from the car selling price. I not sure if it is based on final selling price or the list price. If it is the final selling price I think it is 20% of 207k or 20% of 220k. Do you know what is the balloon loan scheme? For this scheme, my understanding from the SE is that you pay 20% down payment (from whichever price I mention above), then you commit for 7rs to pay off the whole loan at $2088 per month. At end of the 7yrs, you can sell off the car, but out of the total sales proceeds you get from selling the car, you have to pay back whatever remaining parf value of the car when it is 7yrs old (65% of the OMV I think) to the company that loans you the money to buy the car. This is called a Balloon loan scheme.

I think if you want to pay 100% cash, it will cost you at least 212-213K (5-7k higher than if you were to buy it with a 50% loan).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Test drove it a couple of weeks ago. Fell in love with it. Not sure if its because it was way better than the q50 i test drove mins earlier. the 2.0 T felt alot faster than its paper spec and i say this owning a faster car. The cabin was soo silent to the point that me and the wifey felt weird (prob because my Jap is v noisy :P)

The car down shifts a fair bit when you press the throttle hard which suites me.One gripe is the spacing between the brake and throttle pedal is too close.

Have not tried its other competitors though so cant really give a fair comment. But looks wise for me it wins hands down...Everything felt rite from the test drive and its been a long time since i have said that about a car. Maybe age is catching up.... Interior is so much nicer than its counter parts IMHO.

Def on my list when i finally change car at the end of the year.... Only problem is i think my dogs will mess up the car;s back seat. :(

Back seat looks a bit dated too.

Def on my list when i finally change car at the end of the year....

When's the new model coming out - early 2016? That'd be my concern, buying the end of stock before the shiny new ones arrive.

Agree it is a very nice ride though. I'm surprised how sedately all the ones I see are being driven...don't they know? [laugh]

Supercharged

yes. given the selling price and the omv, it does seem like a good deal, comparing to BMW 5 series, Merc E class and Audi A6. hope wearnes is not selling a bare car at this price.

Just curious. in term of status.. is Merc / BMW higher than Jag?

I was told below in order of status talking about compact executive sedan

1) Merc E200

2) BMW 520

3) Lexus GS250

4) Audi A6

5) Jag XF

6) Volvo S80

I believe all these are just perceived image only

When's the new model coming out - early 2016? That'd be my concern, buying the end of stock before the shiny new ones arrive.

Agree it is a very nice ride though. I'm surprised how sedately all the ones I see are being driven...don't they know? [laugh]

SE quoted early 2016. They are bringing the XE later half of the year. So i guess they dont want to sell it together.

For me personally if i liek the car doesnt matter if older model am happy with this. But i am sure the new XF will change my mind :P

SE didnt discourage my over use of the throttle FYI :). But having said that its also nice driven sedately which was one of my criteria.

1) Merc E200

2) BMW 520

3) Lexus GS250

4) Audi A6

5) Jag XF

6) Volvo S80

I believe you decide what you really like or percieve.... If you are going to let the world decide they jolly well be paying for the car :)

I think the XF looks fab and ppl will always envy you because they dare not indulge....

• Praise 1

Supercharged

SE quoted early 2016. They are bringing the XE later half of the year. So i guess they dont want to sell it together.

For me personally if i liek the car doesnt matter if older model am happy with this. But i am sure the new XF will change my mind :P

SE didnt discourage my over use of the throttle FYI :). But having said that its also nice driven sedately which was one of my criteria.

I believe you decide what you really like or percieve.... If you are going to let the world decide they jolly well be paying for the car :)

I think the XF looks fab and ppl will always envy you because they dare not indulge....

well I do agreed with you buy what you like but curious to bring out this topic

1) Merc E200

2) BMW 520

3) Lexus GS250

4) Audi A6

5) Jag XF

6) Volvo S80

The problem with the Jag is the name itself. In certain colloquial Chinese, it just mean drive-die.

Supercharged

The problem with the Jag is the name itself. In certain colloquial Chinese, it just mean drive-die.

no no .. in china it is termed as Jie Bao...nice name.

no no .. in china it is termed as Jie Bao...nice name.

And in China, 捷豹 is much more prestigious than the rest. Partly due to its heritage. Partly because all Jaguars are imported while others have China assembled versions.

(edited)

1) Merc E200

2) BMW 520

3) Lexus GS250

4) Audi A6

5) Jag XF

6) Volvo S80

Jag lower than Lexus and Audi? That must be a joke. In fact, I think Jag is the equal of Mercs and BMW already. It is only perceived lower because of the poorer resale value in SG. Otherwise in terms of class and image, no way it is lower than Lexus and Audi. Edited by Damienic

Jag lower than Lexus and Audi? That must be a joke. In fact, I think Jag is the equal of Mercs and BMW already. It is only perceived lower because of the poorer resale value in SG. Otherwise in terms of class and image, no way it is lower than Lexus and Audi.

i agree. Jaguar has something that merc or bmw cannot emulate, let alone audi or lexus...

(edited)

1) Merc E200

2) BMW 520

3) Lexus GS250

4) Audi A6

5) Jag XF

6) Volvo S80

Depends on which brand of car the chap is selling. I dont think a Wearnes chap will say a XF down there

But whenever I drove my wife's E250 & 7 series, the public reaction is very much muted probably becos its too common

And in China, 捷豹 is much more prestigious than the rest. Partly due to its heritage. Partly because all Jaguars are imported while others have China assembled versions.

While my car is approaching the valet parking in MBS, I got three china girls woo and wahh over this beast. I heard from my company China staff that Jag is very much a special car back in China simply because its extremely limited.

The torque of 500nm+ for my diesel is really exciting and fun to drive compared to when I am driving the CLS350 or 5 series.

Edited by JaguarXF

1) Merc E200

2) BMW 520

3) Lexus GS250

4) Audi A6

5) Jag XF

6) Volvo S80

For me, jag ranks the highest....I may take a second look at a jag if it stops beside me at a junction but not for merc or Beemer

• Praise 1

Supercharged

For me, jag ranks the highest....I may take a second look at a jag if it stops beside me at a junction but not for merc or Beemer

seems like it is a perception thing and preference in look that determine how u rank them after seeing the views of replies. merc to some maybe because the long image of a taokay car... the bottom line is buy what you like

seems like it is a perception thing and preference in look that determine how u rank them after seeing the views of replies. merc to some maybe because the long image of a taokay car... the bottom line is buy what you like

Hi maybe I have given you a wrong impression, I drive a very normal car which people won't bother but personally I like a jag....it's kinda like a dream car for me...doesn't mean much actually...buying car is really a personal preference

Good day to you!

Obviously there is perceived status with different marques... but in Singapore this differentiation has all but disappeared when 40% of new cars are Merc or BMW. I see a Beemer, unless it's an i8, I yawn. When I see a Merc I think taxi. Often these high end cars wander across lanes and are driven poorly.

The important thing is to be comfortable in the car you drive and to drive it well, please don't waste a high-end car! In Europe you'd graduate up to a high end car after 10 or 15 years of good driving (probably in Fords, Peugeots, Renaults, Citroens, VWs, Audis, Volvos, BMW 3s and the like). By the time you get your Jag, you're ready for it! These days you see 20-something rich kids (or clueless tai-tais) in very expensive rides - but they don't have the commensurate skill. It's a crying shame to see such nice metal on the roads being wasted. I'm generalising and there are exceptions, of course!

Obviously there is perceived status with different marques... but in Singapore this differentiation has all but disappeared when 40% of new cars are Merc or BMW. I see a Beemer, unless it's an i8, I yawn. When I see a Merc I think taxi. Often these high end cars wander across lanes and are driven poorly.

The important thing is to be comfortable in the car you drive and to drive it well, please don't waste a high-end car! In Europe you'd graduate up to a high end car after 10 or 15 years of good driving (probably in Fords, Peugeots, Renaults, Citroens, VWs, Audis, Volvos, BMW 3s and the like). By the time you get your Jag, you're ready for it! These days you see 20-something rich kids (or clueless tai-tais) in very expensive rides - but they don't have the commensurate skill. It's a crying shame to see such nice metal on the roads being wasted. I'm generalising and there are exceptions, of course!

I like your statement about the high end cars wander across lanes and being driven poorly. One may wonder if they actually handle or drive well lol :P

↡ Advertisement