Jaguar XF

Peaceracer

The price you pay for Aston you can buy A FEW Jaguar XF lah....must be same category mah....

Easy way to get aston symphony is to get a Jag V8 then mod its exhaust, afterall both Jag and Aston share the same V8 and only diff is exhaust valve.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Easy way to get aston symphony is to get a Jag V8 then mod its exhaust, afterall both Jag and Aston share the same V8 and only diff is exhaust valve.

Only the 4.2 lit one is V8. If not at about S$240k it is the V6 ones.

Now there are some 8-9 year old 4.2 supercharged Jag in the market.....very tempting, but the road tax is very expensive.

I would have the Jag over all the other cars you've mentioned if you go for the V8. The XF is an extremely fun car to drive and when pushed, you will love it even more.

I have a 4.2V8 XF in KL but it is not the supercharged model. Over in Singapore, Malayan brought in only 3.0V6 and 4.2 SV8 (which is awesome!).

If you're going for the 3.0V6, I would take the 530i over the Jag as it drives better, feels more responsive and a tad more comfortable with better cabin insulation.

Wow you got an XF 4.2!! Hahaz, gd car. [thumbsup]

Hmmm, have yet to take a look at the BMW. But it feels quite bland now, every other road will be a BMW prob cos of the more 'affordable' 520, 523 and 525. Jag still has the prestige, with it starting with 3.0l only.

But then, cant deny that 530's engine is much better. [flowerface][drivingcar]

(edited)

Wow you got an XF 4.2!! Hahaz, gd car. [thumbsup]

Hmmm, have yet to take a look at the BMW. But it feels quite bland now, every other road will be a BMW prob cos of the more 'affordable' 520, 523 and 525. Jag still has the prestige, with it starting with 3.0l only.

But then, cant deny that 530's engine is much better. [flowerface][drivingcar]

Given your choices, 530i (new model soon) and Audi A6 are wash out by their price.

E-class is dated by now and new model is already running in Europe. So can forget it.

That leaves GS and Jag XF.

If you like the GS300 ( the only japanese here), then you are better off getting the GS450h which is a 3.5L, not a 4.5L

Otherwise the choice is clear. It is the XF 3.0L 240bhp. Wearnes always give 3 years full service warranty including Volvo. Battery not included as well as tyres and bulbs. [drivingcar]

Edited by Blue850r

without a doubt my vote goes out to the JAG XF.

it has the most unique and futuristic design amongst those u've mentioned.

the gear level or selector is one of the most unique that one can buy withini this price range.

u cant be wrong if ur dad were to choose the XF. [thumbsup]

i too have tested the SV8(brown colour car at the showroom) b4 and indeed its glorious. [drivingcar]

I believe XF was launched just before the sale of the Jaguar Marque. So all the elements that made the brand a success would still be there.

it has the most unique and futuristic design amongst those u've mentioned.

the gear level or selector is one of the most unique that one can buy withini this price range.

u cant be wrong if ur dad were to choose the XF. [thumbsup]

i too have tested the SV8(brown colour car at the showroom) b4 and indeed its glorious. [drivingcar]

Thanks! Wah, SV8, i dont dare testdrive. Seems quite lethal to me. Outside the looks not much difference from the 3.0l. Jus the 20" rims and the SV8 badge behind. But inside, there could be a beast under the Bonnet... <_<

Did you see the XFR on Mags and Youtube? That is fierce! Not that i can afford now, but wondering how would it be priced. [gossip][thumbsup][drivingcar]

Ha, been living with a XKR in my neighborhood, its exhaust is ballistic. Well comparing all conti marque think Jag offers the cheapest V8 now.

Ya thats quite true. The previous XKR is 4.2 SC and it sounds like berserk. Wonder how would the new 5.0 SC sound.... [flowerface]

well the SV8 is a pretty amazing car.

i think it around the high end of the 200k region. perhaps u can review the price of it?

test drove it quite a while back. pickup wasn't too shabby. [thumbsup]

how do ur parents find it? im jus wondering, can u drive? [sunny]

well the SV8 is a pretty amazing car.

i think it around the high end of the 200k region. perhaps u can review the price of it?

test drove it quite a while back. pickup wasn't too shabby. [thumbsup]

how do ur parents find it? im jus wondering, can u drive? [sunny]

The current XF SV8 4.2 SC is $318,000. So guess the XFR will be the $400k+. Probably about the same as the Bmw M5.

My Dad only drove the 3.0. He said that the 2nd gear pickup was slow but the salesgirl said that the gearbox will learn the driver's behavior. That i would probably agree with her. But everything else, we were quite impressed. The B&W sound system, the moving gear selector and air vents and its looks and luxury.

Yup i can, got my own humble car (2.5 yrs old) and have been driving for 5 years le (driving dad's car b4 i got mine). [thumbsup]

My dad likes the silver. [thumbsup][drivingcar]

Now dont seems like a very optimistic time to buy car. COE will soon reach all time high.

Search wise, the jag has been leading the pack by quite a significant distance. Probably only the upcoming E class could change it.

But at least for these few months, we will keep our wallets sealed and look at the market situation before signing. [flowerface]

haha. i would consider the white colour. [thumbsup]

prolly the coe is gonna shoot up soon. well, i think its a good time to keep cash aside for the rainy day.

pardon me asking, wad car is ur dad driving now?

Ya my dad likes the white too. But probably detered due to the high maintenance of the paint work.

He is currently driving a VW Passat 2.0t. [drivingcar][flowerface]

Turbocharged

Ya my dad likes the white too. But probably detered due to the high maintenance of the paint work.

He is currently driving a VW Passat 2.0t. [drivingcar][flowerface]

i think white maintenance not as bad as black :ph34r:

i think white maintenance not as bad as black :ph34r:

You are absolutely right. Can only see dirt when you closely inspect a white car but on a black car, little bit dirty makes it look like very dirty.

↡ Advertisement