Jaguar XF

Peaceracer

Forget the BMW 5 series, its too common now adays. The XF looks very nice and solid. The SGD195k price tag for the base model you quoted, does it include COE?

The car looks sporty, my only concerns would be;

a) Reliability;

b) Fuel Consumption as I heard its a heavy car...but hey it cant be worse then my BM;

c) Looks like Ah Pek car, albeit a sporty one.

But aside from the above I would still choose it as a daily commute if i wanted a 4 door luxury sedan today....

Not sure about the XF (but I can easily check), but the new XJ is aluminium frame.

Without being bias, I personally think the XF & XJ are class leading compare to its competition in styling & interior trim.

↡ Advertisement

Not sure about the XF (but I can easily check), but the new XJ is aluminium frame.

Without being bias, I personally think the XF & XJ are class leading compare to its competition in styling & interior trim.

Yup i agree. Anw XF is using steel. It is about the same weight as the XJ although the latter is larger.

Nope no bodykit but my dad went to indent the bumper with the LED lights. 2 weeks later, they came out with the promo of the free bodykit. We suspect that they used our idea and thought that there is a market for the bodykit, dam it.

Rims are original for the diesel - 19 inch.

Then I have yr dad to thank for my free body kit with DRL! [:)]

Ya definitely. Abit sianz on our side. How much did you bought it for?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Fourth,

Considering the XFS now after 2 years with my gs450h. XFS is a Beautiful car indeed especially now with the free bodykit. I think the set back for me is the high road tax at 6k plus a year.

Wat is price you bought at? Thanks.

Regards,

Ric

Jailbird005, PM-ed you too. The freebies made up mostly by the free aerodynamic pack (body kit) worth about $10k. If you do not want it, you can get back $7k. Limited free body kit according to them.

Neutral Newbie

Ric, you have PM. Ya the road tax is about 6.1 k/yr. For that you cut 2 secs off the 0-100. ^_^

Hi Fourth,

Thks for yr PM. Considering several options at the moment. At present the XFS is closest in terms of budget and performance compared with my gs450h. However the XFS wins way up in terms of looks compared to the gs450h.

Enjoy yr new ride....

Regards,

Ric

Hi Fourth,

Thks for yr PM. Considering several options at the moment. At present the XFS is closest in terms of budget and performance compared with my gs450h. However the XFS wins way up in terms of looks compared to the gs450h.

Enjoy yr new ride....

Regards,

Ric

hey bro, side track a bit, I always dream to own a gs450h, care to share your experience about gs450h?

Neutral Newbie

hey bro, side track a bit, I always dream to own a gs450h, care to share your experience about gs450h?

Hi Jp66,9

gs450h is a low fuel consumption and powerful car....unfortunately gs looks are boring and aging when compared to XFS. Gs Interior are boring too.

Fuel saving when compared to same class of vechicles(3500cc) . It cannot be compared with toyota prius in terms of fuel comsumption. The hybrid system( battery) in the gs is basically a boost( something like turbo) to the engine when acceleration.

It looks just a gs300 but the drive is very different when u have instant torque at yr command just like the XFS. U will have to test drive the car to feel the difference.

Regards,

Ric

Hi all, wife is planning to get XF luxury plus. SE plan to give 3 foc servicing. Wonder if can squeeze for any more goodies?

Saw this two names mention for servicing outside. How are they?

Louis Loh 98511300

Alvin Ong 90687204

2011 new model coming out. Actually I like the new model headlights cf with current model. But I don't think they bringing in the 3L V6 for this. Diesel road tax is a killer esp we won't be traveling much in this car. Any thoughts?

Thanks

(edited)

Hi all, wife is planning to get XF luxury plus. SE plan to give 3 foc servicing. Wonder if can squeeze for any more goodies?

Saw this two names mention for servicing outside. How are they?

Louis Loh 98511300

Alvin Ong 90687204

2011 new model coming out. Actually I like the new model headlights cf with current model. But I don't think they bringing in the 3L V6 for this. Diesel road tax is a killer esp we won't be traveling much in this car. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Unless your warranty is up, there should not be need to look for outside maintenance/servicing? I met up with Louis before. When my warranty is up, I will likely look for him. Meanwhile the first 3 years has free servicing, warranty and parts.

The 2011 new model (2.2L) is coming and pricing not announced. Should be selling in Sgp by Sep. This is to cater for untapped market esp U.S. I think. You are rignt facelift for 3L not announced yet I think.

If you ask me, of course I will recommend the XFS with 275hp and 600Nm.

Edited by Fourth
↡ Advertisement