Recommendation for a baby car seat

Fishy

Hi all, i need a good recommendation for a baby car seat. My baby is now 4 months old and weighs about 6.5kg. What do you suggest?
I see a lot of cradle like kind of seats, are they better?
http://babymeadows.com.sg/maxi-cosi-1/2008...eflection-.html

as compared to this http://www.littlewhiz.com/pd-maxi-cosi-dor...le-car-seat.cfm ?

please share your experiences!
Thank you!

↡ Advertisement

I feel your child should use the Maxi Cosi CabrioFix Car Seat and then move him/her to one for 9mths-4yrs (often have to move them on again at around 3yrs old) seat.

Hi All,

I'll be facing the same problem soon. I'd heard 0~4 yrs car seats are not recommended for infants, is that true? Why? Anybody with experience, pls share some info.

Infants need to be rear-facing. Your 0~4 yrs car seat should be designed to convert from rear to front -facing safely for this purpose.

Hi All,

I'll be facing the same problem soon. I'd heard 0~4 yrs car seats are not recommended for infants, is that true? Why? Anybody with experience, pls share some info.

I think they call it "convertables". So its ok as long as it is rear facing at early age and forward facing enable later, thats fine?

Check out the guide.

http://www.aap.org/family/Carseatguide.htm

note that it's perhaps even more important to secure the seat properly - the car seat should not move with more than 1 inch allowance front or sides - just loosely wrapping the seat belt around the car seat is not good enough. Most 3-point seatbelts have a 'lock' function that you can engage - after putting the seat in place, pull the seat belt to its maximum length, then let go. The seat belt should lock in position snugly around your car seat.

Also please check out the warnings against putting rear-facing child seats in the front passenger seat.

Before taking the plunge, make sure the car seat fit your car.

Ie if you want to buy an isofix car seat, may sure your car has those isofix points.

Do search the forum, quite a lot of info here already

Hi Osiris, Isofix seats need to have the isofix anchors in the backseat before you can install them. If the car doesn't have it then just have to depend on the seatbelt to anchor the car seat. I don't think they sell any base for isofix seats. Correct me if I'm wrong...... [flowerface]

according to Fishy link,

"f you've got a CabrioFix, but don't have the option of Isofix in your car, there's now the Easy Base. It makes it "Easy" to install your CabrioFix with just a simple click. Fit the EasyBase into the car using a 3 point seat belt, and leave it there! There's no need to grapple with getting the belts around the seat! Not only is this much more convenient if you're a busy family on the move, it is also safer because the chance of incorrect installation is significantly lowered. We like it simply because it's so easy to check that the base and seat are fitted correctly thanks to colour indicators on the support leg and the base itself.

Seems like there is a base

that's why i asked. but the base price $300++ + seat $300++ (If i read correctly)

Very expensive.

Might as well get a non isofix model.

I would recommend the Britax car seats if you are going for the non isofix seats. Lasted me 5 years for my first child and I'm going to continue using it for my second child. Need to change the cover only. [thumbsup]

I would recommend the Britax car seats if you are going for the non isofix seats. Lasted me 5 years for my first child and I'm going to continue using it for my second child. Need to change the cover only. [thumbsup]

where did u purchase this Britax car seat and whats the price range?

Bassinet is good if you need to carry the baby around, most standard child seat are meant for kids either 9 mths and above or pass a certain weight limit e.g. 12kg. I think some of the forummers have contributed quite significantly for you to think about.

I got the Safe n Sound for my little boy at Baby Kingdom @ Kakit Bukit. So far no complains, but can be quite hot after sitting in it for a while due to the material. But hey, safety always comes first right?

Hi All,

Can be use for infant. But I find it it is not as good as a 0-9mth seat which 'hold' the infant better. For my 1st child, I used a convertible...but I bought a 0-9mths for my 2nd child.

Hi Fishy, I bought the car seat from Robinsons. Its about $200. This car seat can also recline and be a cradle so you can use it for infants all the way to children 4 to 5 years of age.

If you r car come with Isofix, you should get an Isofix seat. It really secure the seat a lot more firmly to the car seat....almost with no movement at all.

Locally, they sell 3 versions of 'IsoFix'...one is a 'universal' which can be use on any car with isofix system with top tether strap, 'semi-Isofix' which use Isofix anchorage + with a "foot-support" and car-specific' which is just engage to secure. The car specific is the best.

Neutral Newbie

I thought the ISO FIX is a standard to EURO standard that a must for car registered in the EU so that why the imported car for the agent normally do not come with is or otherwise manufacture for Europ market

↡ Advertisement