Recommendation for a baby car seat

Fishy

Bro same as u when my bb was less than 1 month old bought the maxi-cosi infant car carrier really waste $$ use less than 3-4 times because most of the time my wife hand carry.. My boy don't like to slp inside keep crying.. So just change car recently.. car dealer give me a new latido brand bb seat since my boy now 8 months old recently let him try to sit but can't sit long also.. Must have ppl to entertain him..

But I thought by law must put infant in car seat?

Then how u manage?

↡ Advertisement

My eldest child is 7yrs now and still seating on high-back booster seat and I intend to let her use that until she is tall enough for her to be safe without one.

Edited by Silver_blade

Bro same as u when my bb was less than 1 month old bought the maxi-cosi infant car carrier really waste $$ use less than 3-4 times because most of the time my wife hand carry.. My boy don't like to slp inside keep crying.. So just change car recently.. car dealer give me a new latido brand bb seat since my boy now 8 months old recently let him try to sit but can't sit long also.. Must have ppl to entertain him..

Please do not underestimate the injury that can be caused to an unsecured baby/child should a collision occur (even at relatively low speed). Other passengers may also be seroiusly injured if child flies towards them; the adult may not be able to hold on to the baby/child (force will be too great!)

It is Safety First, not just complying with regulations. Train baby/child to get used to being secure in his seat rather than take risk. Even if we are a safe drivers we cannot ensure no accident will happen to us if other motorists are careless or reckless.

See: http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2682364 "CNA: More drivers caught for flouting child seat belt rules"

One of my kid seven already. Still in child seat. He will continue to sit in one until he transit to high back booster.

One word: discipline.

[thumbsup] . cant agree more

my daughter at 6mths old was screaming n crying in the child seat for easily 30mins or more each time we journey out. after a few weeks, she stop as she realise no use struggling. now she is still in child seat even at 3yo, happily sitting there throughout the journey [thumbsup]

My girl also cried initially. But after a while, she got used to it and no more crying. Got to do what is right, for their safety sake. She used baby seat until cannot fit in, around 4 year-old then 'upgraded' to booster seat.

Ya loh that's y they call kids.

My boy still Ok but my gal is terrible, we put her down sit belt on we sit down she stand up again, [bigcry]

One of my kid seven already. Still in child seat. He will continue to sit in one until he transit to high back booster.

One word: discipline.

My son in booster now but only when he wan slp than we let him lie on my wife leg.

So britax is among the robust brand to recommend?

I was eyeimg the model first class and royale.

Any comments?

Tia

Yes Britax (or Safe-n-Sound) makes well designed child seat. Robinson was selling the Royale (a robust model) at $300+ (U.P $400+) during sale a couple of months ago.

There are many other good brands like Evenflo, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, etc. Google for their websites via "child car seat manufacturers".

Look for models that have are manufactured to some standards like AS, BS, TUV, etc as there are many flimsy models which are very cheap or may even have "branded" logo. Buying & using a weakly constructed child seat will give a false sense of safety. It seems that there is no control over what child seat can be sold in Singapore, compared to LTA cerification for motorcyclist helmets

Many drivers are willing to spend so much on buying a car, (sometime unnecessary) accessories and even thousands of $ for a special vehicle registration number, yet are not willing to buy & use a good seat for their precious child. Safety first!

Edited by Peregrine

Still very common to see kids not securely seated in a car sear or infant in adult arms.

All the bs about kids crying and blah blah blah so cannot secure the kid in a child seat is just irresponsible parents at work.

If you cannot get your kid to be seated securely in a child seat, how are you going to get the kid to understand other more important lessons in life?

It's too late to lament after an accident.

Baby Hypermart has a great range of car seats for you to physically browse through.

I'm using Cybex Pallas for my daughter. She cried like hell for the first few weeks but we just bo chap her protests.

Nowadays, she makes climbs onto the car seat herself and instructs us to secure it before me or my wife get into our own seats.

Guys, another baby fair coming up on 22-24 at expo. can go there to see see look look for your car seats, strollers etc.

Maybe able to find me there. Discounts for MCFers! [laugh]

Guys, another baby fair coming up on 22-24 at expo. can go there to see see look look for your car seats, strollers etc.

Maybe able to find me there. Discounts for MCFers! [laugh]

what will you be selling there

Any bros using a Recaro babyseat? I'm looking at the RECARO Start iQ ( http://www.babytown.com.sg/recaro-start-iq...tml?cPath=89_93 )

We would one that goes from 0-4yrs and this seat is convertible and allows both forward and rearward facing.

Any comments?

We have the Recaro Euro convertible. Can't really comment on the safety aspect since we have had no incidents thankfully.

It secures the child with the 5 point harness and I would think it will minimise impact on the head as the child is held in the seat securely and firmly.. much like a bucket seat. Another thing i picked up on is that the Recaro seems to use a lot more metal (aluminium i think) compared to other brands which are mainly foam.

Just my 2 cents..

Can consider this.

Combi Coccoro

http://www.combiusa.com/products/item.aspx?item=12

Good for Jazz as the seat is compact. advertised as being able to fit THREE in a compact small car (see video)

I bought mine from the taka baby fair a few mths back. Taka also stocks the item

I also had the Combi Coccoro it served me well. Recently just upgraded to the Combi Bueno Jr

The Conccoro can sit forward as well as reverse for young infants. My son was using it since birth.

Digging up this thread...

May i know whwere can i find britax car seats in singapore?

And nowsaydays they are all not isofix type?

How do i check if my car can support isofix car seats?

Lastly, what is the difference between isofix and non?

Many thanks

bot my britax from robinson sale. very good stuff.

my kid is now in pri 1, still well disciplined in car seat. no such thing as sleeping flat in the car. safety is always top priority.

↡ Advertisement