Recommendation for a baby car seat

Fishy

my daughter at 6mths old was screaming n crying in the child seat for easily 30mins or more each time we journey out. after a few weeks, she stop as she realise no use struggling. now she is still in child seat even at 3yo, happily sitting there throughout the journey [thumbsup]

my girl more champion. long time ago, 45 min screaming non stop. now she is 5, still rear facing child seat.

↡ Advertisement

We have the Recaro Euro convertible. Can't really comment on the safety aspect since we have had no incidents thankfully.

It secures the child with the 5 point harness and I would think it will minimise impact on the head as the child is held in the seat securely and firmly.. much like a bucket seat. Another thing i picked up on is that the Recaro seems to use a lot more metal (aluminium i think) compared to other brands which are mainly foam.

Just my 2 cents..

Hi, so you had a infant seat before changing to the Recaro Euro Convertible?

BTW more metal better or foam? Thanks!

Hi, so you had a infant seat before changing to the Recaro Euro Convertible?

BTW more metal better or foam? Thanks!

Started with the Euro Convertible, we skipped the infant seat completely.

Not sure whether metal or foam is better but I have the belief that foam isn't going to save your kid in an accident whereas metal frames might help to protect the child or at least lessen the impact. Best if you do some research and make an informed decision rather than rely on others.

my girl more champion. long time ago, 45 min screaming non stop. now she is 5, still rear facing child seat.

wah than sit facing front will headache or not?

Started with the Euro Convertible, we skipped the infant seat completely.

Not sure whether metal or foam is better but I have the belief that foam isn't going to save your kid in an accident whereas metal frames might help to protect the child or at least lessen the impact. Best if you do some research and make an informed decision rather than rely on others.

Thanks and noted!

I'm using Britax car seat, bought used online at great prices. Just make sure the seat had not met with accident (check harness) including pukes :o

what will you be selling there

haha...can advert here? [:p]

tmr till sunday...full Hall 6...my booth is directly opposite the stage...selling mostly baby stuff and some toddler items...

can see rows and rows of BPL (soccer) baby clothings... :D

hi guys, sorry for digging out an old thread. I have a 4 year old + new born next few months, and i booked a Jazz. Planning to buy 2 baby car seat, one from new born (rear facing) and one for toddler. Any review on Joie brand? I'm using Joie stroller and happy with it, not sure about baby car seat. Thanks.

hi guys, sorry for digging out an old thread. I have a 4 year old + new born next few months, and i booked a Jazz. Planning to buy 2 baby car seat, one from new born (rear facing) and one for toddler. Any review on Joie brand? I'm using Joie stroller and happy with it, not sure about baby car seat. Thanks.

I am using joie Stages car seat for my boy.

used for almost 3 yrs Liao and so far so good

Neutral Newbie

My recommendation for buying a seat for your baby is that you go to reputable brands with a long history in the industry. I recently purchased a Chicco brand baby seat and I am very happy with it. Here is a link to an article about the best car seat in case any of you are interested in buying a chair for your baby. I bought mine here and it saves me a lot of time. 

Neutral Newbie

@Silver_blade I've been eyeing the Maxi cosi brand for while now. How easy is to use and wash? Would you recommend it?
Sorry for being off topic.
Besides the catchy name I love the maxi cosi prouct line.  My main selling point would be ease of use and no excessive strength required. I've been researching these car seats for a while. I've checked out countless review sites and didn't get anywhere. The main problem is that they don't say anything about negatives. There's no such thing as the perfect product so why lie? Anyways I've came across a real looking blog, these guys have tested the seats for real. After reading the best maxi cosi seats post it made it on my short list. Is it a good choice? Or which one would you choose from the list? Any tips is welcomed.

On 6/16/2020 at 12:10 AM, Chashic said:

@Silver_blade I've been eyeing the Maxi cosi brand for while now. How easy is to use and wash? Would you recommend it?
Besides the catchy name I love the maxi cosi prouct line.  My main selling point would be ease of use and no excessive strength required. I've been researching these car seats for a while. I've checked out countless review sites and didn't get anywhere. The main problem is that they don't say anything about negatives. There's no such thing as the perfect product so why lie? Anyways I've came across a real looking blog, these guys have tested the seats for real. After reading the best maxi cosi seats post it made it on my short list. Is it a good choice? Or which one would you choose from the list? Any tips is welcomed.

I am currently using Poled car seat by Hyundai. Friends recommended me and no regrets. Better than other brands out there now. Can rotate and use from birth to 12 years old. 
Most importantly their car seat has been crash tested before. 

On 6/16/2020 at 12:10 AM, Chashic said:

I bought 2 maxi cosi on carousell for $20 and $25. Do ask the seller if it has been in a crash tho, to make sure the structural integrity is not compromised...

Amazon.sg support is much better than the local distributor's if u want to buy brand new, also likely to be cheaper online :)

If the car doesn't have it then just have to depend on the seatbelt to anchor the car seat. I don't think they sell any base for isofix seats. Correct me if I'm wrong...... 

Speed Test

Edited by manssinan

On 10/13/2020 at 12:40 AM, yellowshaun said:

I bought 2 maxi cosi on carousell for $20 and $25. Do ask the seller if it has been in a crash tho, to make sure the structural integrity is not compromised...

Amazon.sg support is much better than the local distributor's if u want to buy brand new, also likely to be cheaper online 🙂

Do also check if used car seats are expired or what is the remaining official life. Expired car seats can still be used, but parents must understand the risks and accept these risks. Basically the safety that manufacturers claim are not valid once products are expired.

https://www.maxicosi.com/us-en/blog/when-do-car-seats-expire.html

↡ Advertisement