Who has bought Singtel's football package?

Carndablues

About $50 a month including GST for the privilege of watching about 20 quality games, most of which are Champs League, cos let's face it who watches the UEFA Cup (or whatever rebranding those marketing genii at UEFA have called it) or Serie A (the world's second most boring league, second only to our own S-League!)

↡ Advertisement

About $50 a month including GST for the privilege of watching about 20 quality games, most of which are Champs League, cos let's face it who watches the UEFA Cup (or whatever rebranding those marketing genii at UEFA have called it) or Serie A (the world's second most boring league, second only to our own S-League!)

Just wait and see........

If SingTel could not get the number of viewers, they might reduce the charges ....... [sly][sly]

do you know that serie A score more goals than premier league last season?

Do you know that on average a Serie A game lasts 5 minutes longer than a EPL game because of the number of diving players and referee interruptions?

If you judge the quality of a game by the amount of goals scored, then I would suggest you watch some other sport, like basketball!

Do you know that on average a Serie A game lasts 5 minutes longer than a EPL game because of the number of diving players and referee interruptions?

If you judge the quality of a game by the amount of goals scored, then I would suggest you watch some other sport, like basketball!

That's a good one! [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Hahaha, I laugh at your comment. its good.

But let's see how many english players can play overseas.

In the past have lah, current generation, cannot think of any.

La liga worse hor, diving players not sure.

But the number of times, the ref whistle is comparable to Serie A.

Because the refs are bought up to protect the players.

Let's see why people like to watch BPL.

1. Its fast paced

2. Its more physical

3. More well-known names in general

4. Its ENGLISH (most people get bored of watching serie A or la liga because they dont understand what the commentor is saiding.)

Neutral Newbie

1. Its fast paced

2. Its more physical

4. Its ENGLISH (most people get bored of watching serie A or la liga because they dont understand what the commentor is saiding.)

I agree. Italian football can be interesting but the commentator are not as good as those in BPL thus, made the matches boring. The time of the big games are also in the wee hour where if I can sleep, I'll watch Serie A ... Guarantee chopped can sleep.

Irrelevant, I watch EPL not for the ENGLISH players, I watch it cos of the quality of the players (let's face it how many good English players are there in the top four teams?)

Who's talking about La Liga, it's comparable to the Serie A, as you have mentioned, I hate watching Real against the smaller teams, the amount of time they waste harassing the ref is ridiculous, and the fact that they only start games in the evening cos the Spanish cannot live without their siesta in the arvo just goes to show that they don't really care about international audiences, I hope Real goes the way of Leeds, they're junk.

1. Its fast paced

2. Its more physical

Pretty much correct, except for the 2nd point, the refs let the game go on, and they do not tolerate harassment (except at Old Trashford or Junkfield)

1. Its fast paced

2. Its more physical

Why are we even talking about English players in BPL?

Other than it being played in England, 90% of the stars are foreigners...hahah

Turbocharged

last wk my neighbourhood got singtel promoters going door to door promoting their miotv. n at the same time promote their new football channel...n they r really pushy.

but i don see y i should pay more to watch jus the UCL. only if starhub reduce their fee significantly will i consider taking miotv (which is like hoping to win the toto0...so...forget it. i'll jus try n look for alternative channels (meaning free internet channels!hehe)

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

it just damn unfair for football fans... they are really exploiting us....next time maybe world cup M1 also come in....want to watch world cup suscribe to M1....really don understand why cant they jus lump all football into 1 company...we can only whine but end up most of us will still be suscribing to starhub and singtel coz no choice unless we watch from internet which can be lagging at time... me is one of them who whine but end up will still suscribe as I luv UEFA CL and BPL so LL no choice

Edited by Applez

Neutral Newbie

watch from internet.... ppl shout goal when watching live matches.

You still waiting for them to score. hahahaha

Turbocharged

watch internet for UCL games nvm one. all the games middle of the night...so i don tink anybody will b shouting when goals scored....so u wont know! lag also nvm.

Neutral Newbie

watch internet for UCL games nvm one. all the games middle of the night...so i don tink anybody will b shouting when goals scored....so u wont know! lag also nvm.

Was speaking from my experience during the world cup.

Lately stop watching UCL because rarely bet on them.

Saturday or sunday night, I will watch.

If cannot watch due to some reasons, will checking my HP for the latest scores!

Who's talking about La Liga, it's comparable to the Serie A, as you have mentioned, I hate watching Real against the smaller teams, the amount of time they waste harassing the ref is ridiculous, and the fact that they only start games in the evening cos the Spanish cannot live without their siesta in the arvo just goes to show that they don't really care about international audiences, I hope Real goes the way of Leeds, they're junk.

Just read this snippet from the Guardian website:

And its not only in the transfer market where La Liga are looking to dominate. Pete Jenson dishes the dirt on how moving
↡ Advertisement