• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
38 replies to this topic | 45 praises

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:46 AM

Bluepica
  • Bluepica
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I remember saw some pamphlet from some bank saying paying income tax with interest free installment but forget which bank. Anyone any idea? Don't wish to pay by GIRO.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

Octopus
  • Premium member
    Octopus
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If you really make monthly payment of income tax thru credit card (I'm not sure can or not), the credit card company may "force" you to pay the yearly subscription fees when due, difficult to "negotiate" with them. If that time comes, either pay the yearly subscription fees or force to terminate the payment arrangement and revert back to GIRO, which I feel is troublesome.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

Pcslim
  • Pcslim
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Too much hassle I would think. Since need to pay tax every year without fail, GIRO will be a better choice.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

Latio79
  • Premium member
    Latio79
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Think there's some admin fee of a few percent in fine prints.
Stick to giro, interest free, hassle free. laugh.gif

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

Scenic98
  • Scenic98
    4th Gear
    Author Image

only upside i see for using credit card to pay income tax is getting points.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

Bluepica
  • Bluepica
    5th Gear
    Author Image

only upside i see for using credit card to pay income tax is getting points.

Usually they will still waive the annual fee even if you have some installment payment that is still going. that's my experience. I don't really like paying Giro. usually I pay my tax full amount, just that this time financial situation not that good.
So pay by credit card, 6months or 12 months, then that's it. If Giro, IRAS will keep deducting on n on......

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

Turret
  • Premium member
    Turret
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Think there's some admin fee of a few percent in fine prints.
Stick to giro, interest free, hassle free. laugh.gif

well, if you pay through the IRA website using credit card, yes there is an admin fee.. but the stupXXX website never stated the quantum of the admin fee..

However, if you pay via the bank internet using the credit card, you can avoid the admin fee and earn the rewards points accordingly.

I just paid last week....

Hope this helps...

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

BoneStock
  • BoneStock
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Usually they will still waive the annual fee even if you have some installment payment that is still going. that's my experience. I don't really like paying Giro. usually I pay my tax full amount, just that this time financial situation not that good.
So pay by credit card, 6months or 12 months, then that's it. If Giro, IRAS will keep deducting on n on......

same here. I usually pay one time...dont like Giro.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

Esanbay
  • Esanbay
    Clutched
    Author Image

wah...admin fee!!! market soooo bad hor....

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

Felipe
  • Felipe
    Supercharged
    Author Image

well, if you pay through the IRA website using credit card, yes there is an admin fee.. but the stupXXX website never stated the quantum of the admin fee..

However, if you pay via the bank internet using the credit card, you can avoid the admin fee and earn the rewards points accordingly.

I just paid last week....

Hope this helps...

isn't there still the processing fee by the card company?

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Reviving old thread since it's income tax paying season.

Anyone got lobang on what's the bestest credit card to use for paying income tax? (i.e lowest admin fee, etc). No need installment, one shot oso can. 

Main purpose is to earn points. Now paying by Giro, maciam bo hua lei.

Tohto praised this

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Anyone got lobang on what's the bestest credit card to use for paying income tax? (i.e lowest admin fee, etc). No need installment, one shot oso can. 

hsbc have

BOC have as well

google lah

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:41 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You must be paying very high income tax, thats why bo hua paying by Giro and cannot earn points.  [:p]

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:43 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

many credit cards now have the restriction that any govt bills are not eligible for points or cash back or rewards or whatever.

eg, roadtax, parking, income tax etc. credit card also not stupid.

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:43 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You must be paying very high income tax, thats why bo hua paying by Giro and cannot earn points.  [:p]

I have not been paying tax for the past 3 years already ... low SES ?

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:44 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have not been paying tax for the past 3 years already ... low SES ?

Not paying tax at all?  :huh:

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

his tax is Cat B COE...knnn

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:02 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hsbc have

BOC have as well

google lah

Google-ded. HSBC points conversion like not beri attractive lei

BOC i dun hap 

IRAS website say Mastercard accepted at AXS machine. Wonder if any bros tried it n got points?

Wahaha....retiree la, bo lui one. 

Limpeh juz wanna get something back from the system that's all  [laugh]

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:39 PM

Kyrios
  • Kyrios
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I use POSB everyday card for road tax at AXS...i think shuld be applicable to income tax as well at the AXS machines....

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:56 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can use credit card pay income tax?
Would it be included in your loan creditability when you apply for loans in future?
Sorry to ask but never pay taxes before.

Edited by DACH, 02 July 2018 - 07:57 PM.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: income, with, credit, card and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users