Pay income tax with credit card installment

Bluepica

I remember saw some pamphlet from some bank saying paying income tax with interest free installment but forget which bank. Anyone any idea? Don't wish to pay by GIRO.

↡ Advertisement

If you really make monthly payment of income tax thru credit card (I'm not sure can or not), the credit card company may "force" you to pay the yearly subscription fees when due, difficult to "negotiate" with them. If that time comes, either pay the yearly subscription fees or force to terminate the payment arrangement and revert back to GIRO, which I feel is troublesome.

Neutral Newbie

Too much hassle I would think. Since need to pay tax every year without fail, GIRO will be a better choice.

only upside i see for using credit card to pay income tax is getting points.

Usually they will still waive the annual fee even if you have some installment payment that is still going. that's my experience. I don't really like paying Giro. usually I pay my tax full amount, just that this time financial situation not that good.

So pay by credit card, 6months or 12 months, then that's it. If Giro, IRAS will keep deducting on n on......

Think there's some admin fee of a few percent in fine prints.

Stick to giro, interest free, hassle free. [laugh]

well, if you pay through the IRA website using credit card, yes there is an admin fee.. but the stupXXX website never stated the quantum of the admin fee..

However, if you pay via the bank internet using the credit card, you can avoid the admin fee and earn the rewards points accordingly.

I just paid last week....

Hope this helps...

Usually they will still waive the annual fee even if you have some installment payment that is still going. that's my experience. I don't really like paying Giro. usually I pay my tax full amount, just that this time financial situation not that good.

So pay by credit card, 6months or 12 months, then that's it. If Giro, IRAS will keep deducting on n on......

same here. I usually pay one time...dont like Giro.

well, if you pay through the IRA website using credit card, yes there is an admin fee.. but the stupXXX website never stated the quantum of the admin fee..

However, if you pay via the bank internet using the credit card, you can avoid the admin fee and earn the rewards points accordingly.

I just paid last week....

Hope this helps...

isn't there still the processing fee by the card company?

Supersonic

Reviving old thread since it's income tax paying season.

Anyone got lobang on what's the bestest credit card to use for paying income tax? (i.e lowest admin fee, etc). No need installment, one shot oso can. 

Main purpose is to earn points. Now paying by Giro, maciam bo hua lei.

• Praise 1

Anyone got lobang on what's the bestest credit card to use for paying income tax? (i.e lowest admin fee, etc). No need installment, one shot oso can. 

hsbc have

BOC have as well

google lah

Supersonic

You must be paying very high income tax, thats why bo hua paying by Giro and cannot earn points.  [:p]

Twincharged

many credit cards now have the restriction that any govt bills are not eligible for points or cash back or rewards or whatever.

eg, roadtax, parking, income tax etc. credit card also not stupid.

Twincharged

You must be paying very high income tax, thats why bo hua paying by Giro and cannot earn points.  [:p]

I have not been paying tax for the past 3 years already ... low SES ?

Supersonic

I have not been paying tax for the past 3 years already ... low SES ?

Not paying tax at all?  :huh:

his tax is Cat B COE...knnn

Supersonic

hsbc have

BOC have as well

google lah

Google-ded. HSBC points conversion like not beri attractive lei

BOC i dun hap 

IRAS website say Mastercard accepted at AXS machine. Wonder if any bros tried it n got points?

Wahaha....retiree la, bo lui one. 

Limpeh juz wanna get something back from the system that's all  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement