• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
58 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys

Can you all share what you know and hear about this ride please?

Does it come in manual?

It seems to suit my needs for an 8-seater and it is really spacious. Somehow I kinda like the van-like design. I don't need a F&F ride because I drive very slowly on the road. I like it's functionality and versatility.

I would love to hear your views.

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

Rollagt
  • Premium member
    Rollagt
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I personally do like this APV design..simple and yet practical.

Easy on the pockets too..my MSCP got one using red plate and the road tax per yr is ard $50.

There are also air con vents mounted on top so that the rear passengers can enjoy cool air.

Downside is the height clearance..parking at shopping mall carpark like Marina Sq might be a problem.

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:08 PM

Xtravagant
  • Xtravagant
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if it suits your needs, just buy it. . . thumbsup.gif
it is a Suzuki, i presume it should be easy to maintain, have yet to hear any complaints regarding it and it is way better than MIC car IMHO.
thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
boxer engine's roar just feel so sinfully sexy and keeps me wanting more

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

heard the engine is below the front seats hence might be hot if drivng for long hours. was told FC is not fantastic either. but its one of the cheaper multi people mover ard. should be valued for money. call me bias but i think this is a good bet against MIC mpvs.

never consider kia carens?
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi guys

Can you all share what you know and hear about this ride please?

Does it come in manual?

It seems to suit my needs for an 8-seater and it is really spacious. Somehow I kinda like the van-like design. I don't need a F&F ride because I drive very slowly on the road. I like it's functionality and versatility.

I would love to hear your views.

Do a search. There was a thread before. IIRC there were some comments about the quality of the interior materials as its made in Indo.

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Is it higher than SUVs like Fortuner and CRV? The height clearance for MSCP and shopping centres is 2m?

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

if it suits your needs, just buy it. . . thumbsup.gif
it is a Suzuki, i presume it should be easy to maintain, have yet to hear any complaints regarding it and it is way better than MIC car IMHO.
thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Actually I can afford to buy a Wish or Previa but I don't want to spend so much money on a vehicle. I just want a practical people mover that is spacious and comfortable. Road tax for 1.6L is low too.

Probably little complaints heard due to low number of owners I presume.

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

heard the engine is below the front seats hence might be hot if drivng for long hours. was told FC is not fantastic either. but its one of the cheaper multi people mover ard. should be valued for money. call me bias but i think this is a good bet against MIC mpvs.

never consider kia carens?

I heard FC is around 8km/L and is comparable to bigger sized MPVs so I think it is fine with me. Not to mention I am can haul 6-7 pax at one go. Not very sure whether this ride can take RON92 petrol. If yes, lagi best.

Yes, with the engine mounted underneath the seat, should be hot. Just like a van.

Kia Carens seems more cramped inside. In fact the more box shaped APV won me over because the interior is really spacious.

Edited by Thermodynamics, 18 July 2009 - 10:34 PM.

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Do a search. There was a thread before. IIRC there were some comments about the quality of the interior materials as its made in Indo.

Found the thread but discussion pretty limited and that was so many years ago and discussion has died down since. So I hope to gather more info from forumers and if better still, APV owners, themselves.

Interior material not much of a concern since I am paying only 55k+ for a 8-seater so I don't expect much. I don't spend too much time in the car either. Everyday <1hr on the road. I just want to hear opinions from car users about this ride and see whether they see something I don't see.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

Renesis84
  • Renesis84
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Just to ask .. any consideration for the upcoming Proton Exora ? also on 1.6l .. sld be easy on road tax also .. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Renesis84, 19 July 2009 - 12:35 PM.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

give it up....its a cmi car. shakehead.gif . why wuld u 1 2 sit on e engine bay...... sleeping.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:07 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

With the skinny tires, how do the APV negotiate a 90degree bend at a traffic junction with 7~8 person in it? Somemore with high CG, will it topple over if going fast around the bend? biggrin.gif

But for the price I think no other MPV can have so much space. The interior is not bad too. If 55k is your budget for a MPV, it's a good choice.
Arya...who would have thought?

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

for that budget,

please consider the kia carens

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:20 PM

Axela72
  • Axela72
    6th Gear
    Author Image

ugly
NoT foR tHe FaInT HeArt! CLICK & JOIN ME IF YOU DARE!

Knight
http://world5.knight...m...45&ref=link

Vampire
http://world8.monste...d&vid=190036371

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

give it up....its a cmi car. shakehead.gif . why wuld u 1 2 sit on e engine bay...... sleeping.gif

Have you tried the car before? Why do you say it is a cmi car? confused.gif

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

With the skinny tires, how do the APV negotiate a 90degree bend at a traffic junction with 7~8 person in it? Somemore with high CG, will it topple over if going fast around the bend? biggrin.gif

But for the price I think no other MPV can have so much space. The interior is not bad too. If 55k is your budget for a MPV, it's a good choice.

SBS bus even taller and carry more people right? Never hear about it toppling over before. tongue.gif

I don't drive fast. It's my habit. Even if I like to, this car wouldn't allow. 1.6A hauling 6-7 pax, how fast can it go? So kupping corner, corner grip and body roll all this stuff never bothers me when I shop for a ride.

I just want something easy on the pocket and practical. I think this ride is pretty popular in Indonesia and the Philippines.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

for that budget,

please consider the kia carens

What's the reason? Care to share?

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

ugly

Thanks! thumbsup.gif

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What's the reason? Care to share?

In every aspect, the kia carens win APV hands down.
be it pricing (higher omv), comfort, trim, refinement, engine performance, fun etc etc

the kia carens is a complete car + MPV, Made in Korea vs Indonesia.

but yes, i do agree that the last row of kia carens is best suited for 1.65m adults.

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just to ask .. any consideration for the upcoming Proton Exora ? also on 1.6l .. sld be easy on road tax also .. rolleyes.gif

Not really. I would still prefer the APV due to its van's roots. And I am not comfortable of proton cars.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Suzuki, think

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users