Help...window visor flown away...

hi everyone, any experts here can help me with this issue??? My window visor has flown off and there is alot of dirty residue of glue from the foam tape and bits and bits of foam sticking to the residue of glue too.....any experts here can help me svole this problem in removing the residue and the small bits of foam sticking to my car's door?....visor was stick on the black plastic area of my car's window.....a sad owner here [smallcry]
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

use duct tape, stick to d area n peel it off

repeat d process. should b able to remove it.

or spray abit of wd-40 on a cloth n wipe ( i tried that on a van but do it at ur own risk, dunno if will affext ur pain anot )

(edited)

wd-40...hmm...sounds good....i never knew car cut wax can do the job...thaxs!....errmmm...have u guys heard of using zippo or tinner???...does that works too

Edited by Ceratoisthebest

Use a piece of wet cloth and cover over the affected area. Let it soak for an hour. After that it will be easy to remove.

hmmm....but like quite hard lei...the surface is veritcal.....very hard to let it soak properly etc. like puting on weight to press down the wet cloth to the affected area

(edited)

Pls dun be stingy. Use a bigger piece of cloth. Preferably a towel.

but the glue is super hardcore man.....sian......okie...i will giv it a try then....thaxs

yes,

its called ronsonol.(yellow bottle one) I used that when removing the same stuffs on my car. But i think u need a whole bottle and lots of patience scrapping it off because u have to soak the sponge residual to the core to soften it.

Nina

yes,

its called ronsonol.(yellow bottle one) I used that when removing the same stuffs on my car. But i think u need a whole bottle and lots of patience scrapping it off because u have to soak the sponge residual to the core to soften it.

Nina

what u mean by soak the sponge residual to the core???? [confused]

By sponge residual i am referring to the black "foamy" residual u described left on ur car door. Your visor is glued to the car door by this industrial double sided tape which has glue on both sides of the sponge strip.

The glue that attaches ur visor to the door is very likely to have hardened over a period of time. Therefore, you have to put ALOT of zippo on it/soak it so as to soften/dissolve the glue in order to peel it off. Its like using rosonol to remove sticker price tage. U got to let the ronsonol soak the sticker paper for a minute or so before attempting to peel it off. If in doubt try the ronsonol on the corner of a more inconspicous spot first.

Cheers

Nina

By sponge residual i am referring to the black "foamy" residual u described left on ur car door. Your visor is glued to the car door by this industrial double sided tape which has glue on both sides of the sponge strip.

The glue that attaches ur visor to the door is very likely to have hardened over a period of time. Therefore, you have to put ALOT of zippo on it/soak it so as to soften/dissolve the glue in order to peel it off. Its like using rosonol to remove sticker price tage. U got to let the ronsonol soak the sticker paper for a minute or so before attempting to peel it off. If in doubt try the ronsonol on the corner of a more inconspicous spot first.

Cheers

Nina

lol....i get what u mean now....very detailed explaination...sorry to trouble u...thaxs alot [thumbsup]

(edited)

Bro, go n buy 3M adhesive remover.

Works like a charm.

hmm...more effective than zippo or car cut wax n etc etc???....lol....i nv really saw them before...any handyman shop have??? or where? and it cost how much ar???

↡ Advertisement