2nd animal lying motionless on the road..

Pentrain

20th Jul 09, was driving from PIE to CTE AMK, saw a white cat lying motionless in a pool of blood, it is in the middle of two lanes, along the white striped lines...was a really a sad scene when i saw it, dunno how long it was there..

and tonight, i saw another animal, not sure if it is a cat because it was dark, lying motionless in a pool of blood at SLE Lentor Exit, this time round, saw a red honda stream i think, stopped a few metres in front, at the traffic light with the hazard lights on, the driver and his passenger came down the car as i drove past them..

i'm not sure if they are the culprit, but i hope if they are going to look at the animal, hope that it could still be saved..

haiz..it makes me wonder, what will fellow drivers do when:

an animal dash out of the road during an expressway exit or just on normal road? Jam brake? but what if there are cars behind you?

p.s mod, if i have post this in the wrong section, please kindly move it, thanks.

↡ Advertisement

agree..but if i don't remember wrongly, is it a crime to knock down an animal??

and worse thing is that it dashed out and you can't even stop in time..

20th Jul 09, was driving from PIE to CTE AMK, saw a white cat lying motionless in a pool of blood, it is in the middle of two lanes, along the white striped lines...was a really a sad scene when i saw it, dunno how long it was there..

and tonight, i saw another animal, not sure if it is a cat because it was dark, lying motionless in a pool of blood at SLE Lentor Exit, this time round, saw a red honda stream i think, stopped a few metres in front, at the traffic light with the hazard lights on, the driver and his passenger came down the car as i drove past them..

i'm not sure if they are the culprit, but i hope if they are going to look at the animal, hope that it could still be saved..

an animal dash out of the road during an expressway exit or just on normal road? Jam brake? but what if there are cars behind you?

p.s mod, if i have post this in the wrong section, please kindly move it, thanks.

SLE Lentor exit has a traffic light? You mean after Lentor Ave towards Kathib MRT?

Firstly, SAF driver training says that if an animal crosses your path, try to brake if it does not cause an accident, but do not e-brake or swerve to avoid it. The only consideration I have about hitting an animal on the road is that it may damage my vehicle or get sucked into it. (google kangaroo sucked into BMW engine)

Next comes the issue of natural selection. Animals that are smart enough to look both ways when crossing a road deserve to survive (i am not kidding, i have seen dogs do that before) while the rest don't. It's nature's way of survival of the fittest. For the human race who have been enjoying healthcare, medicine and rights for generations, because of not practicing natural selection, I believe that our end is near. Would I save the animal? No. I believe that it is better to put it out of its misery of being hit by a speeding vehicle and thus preventing it from having offspring that may have such tendencies to dash across the road or to have any offspring in that area for them to cause a potential hazard to themselves as well as to road users and even fellow animals. Sometimes, sacrificing one will save many more.

Finally I invite you to drive to Australia or New Zealand. 2 dead animals in 2 days? I have seen 2 dead humans in 1 day on Singapore roads. On Australian highways and scenic routes (those that wind around mountains with nothing really scenic to see), you'll spot at least 1 dead animal for every hour of driving.

OPOSSUM facts- One of the shortest lived mammals for its size, typically 2 to 4 years. Killed by many predators: humans (and cars), dogs, cats, owls, and larger wildlife.

hi, ya there is a traffic light if you are turning right from lentor exit towards yio chu kang mrt..

2 persons in a day, hope everybody drives safely!

hi, ya there is a traffic light if you are turning right from lentor exit towards yio chu kang mrt..

2 persons in a day, hope everybody drives safely!

ah, i know which one. Its a sad truth but such things are hard to avoid or may have dire circumstances if one tries. I mean, try explaining that you were avoiding an animal to your insurance company or a fellow driver who crashed into you because you e-braked or even a depressed mother who lost her only son because you swerved into his bike. (pardon the use of first-person future narrative, its the best way to explain the above)

and the 2 persons, bike riders. covered by black plastic sheets. my sis said she could see brain fluid or something on the road. *shivers*

I would juz mow the unlucky animal down. If i jam brake hard/swerve, espcially on an expressway, there will be more of us lying in a pool of blood.

(edited)

sometimes i wonder if those kittens were thrown down by drivers? how could a kitten be so dumb enough to cross the expressway! i know strays are quite smart in crossing road unlike my pet dog...just want to dash across without looking for traffic.

I also once took a bus, standing by the window and i saw this squirrel dashed across busy road to bedok reservoir....the squirrel went underneath the bus i am in and i heard some thud and then saw the body lying on the road...just 1 more lane to safety...sad...

Edited by Babyt

pity in singapore , our road planning not good enough

if not can seal up the side of the expressway, like america and japan's express/ freeway

Some time ago, was driving from portsdown to queensway, before entering the tunnel under commonwealth. Right after the traffic light where commonwealth drive joins queensway, suddenly the cars all brake. A small puppy running across the road. Think it is super scared. It went into the tunnel and keep left all the way. Big trucks all filtered right to keep clear of it. As I pass it, it is only half-way through the tunnel and still running. Think a motorist stopped to pick it up.

I guess everyone can stop because we are just moving off the traffic light. No one honked, which is really something good to notice. I hoped the puppy eventually reach safety.

same here...saw a small dog crossing the middle of junction alone when my car was stopping at red light.

i was shocked...luckily cars avoided it and one good driver stopped his car and a lady passenger picked up the dog....

Neutral Newbie

SLE Lentor exit has a traffic light? You mean after Lentor Ave towards Kathib MRT?

Firstly, SAF driver training says that if an animal crosses your path, try to brake if it does not cause an accident, but do not e-brake or swerve to avoid it. The only consideration I have about hitting an animal on the road is that it may damage my vehicle or get sucked into it. (google kangaroo sucked into BMW engine)

:wacko:[crazy] gross...

just knock it n let it die lah. anything with the back facing the sun = food.

worthless life.

on monday afternoon,saw a smashed monkey along BKE towards the PIE entrance.why did the monkey attempt to cross over to the singtel satellites?