Should we have fire extinguisher in car?

Picanto

Yes I feel that it is very important to have an extinguisher in the car, seems like alot of vehicle fire-related accidents happening nowadays. Recently bought an extinguisher from Mustafa, size looks great and very decently prized, not your typical dry powder or CO2 extinguishers and manufacturers even state that there is no need for servicing throughout it's shelf life. 

↡ Advertisement

yeah.. instead of installing a fire extinguisher, best to fit with a pair of fast legs.. Run, Forest, Run!

Totally agree, got insurance covered. Just save your life!

• Praise 1

Be a true Singaporean and be kiasi.

http://www.lifeline-fire.co.uk/motorsport/products.asp?page=zero-3620-series-fia-172

Up to 3 nozzles in the engine bay and 1 for the passenger compartment.

Even SCDF will be impressed when they arrive.

But I agree that the best way to survive is to shut off the engine and run with your loved ones.

And put that headrest to good use if needed :

Edited by zackie51

Twincharged

Hero wastes no time in extinguishing taxi fire at Bukit Batok

A man was hailed 'hero of the day' after being filmed trying to extinguish a vehicle fire at Bukit Batok East Avenue 5 last Friday (March 30).

Facebook user Evina Fynn Quek had uploaded a video and photos of the incident, which occurred near Block 239 at around 1pm.

According to Evina, the man was on his to the mosque for Friday prayers when he heard two "loud" explosions from the Comfort taxi.

He then went "all the way with just a tiny fire extinguisher" when "nobody even dared to go near the cab", added Evina.

Stomp understands that the engine of the taxi had overheated, thus resulting in the fire.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it responded to the incident at about 1pm.

The fire was extinguished by SCDF using two compressed air foam backpacks.

No injuries were reported.

"The cause of the fire is under investigation," added the SCDF.

• Praise 1

Hero wastes no time in extinguishing taxi fire at Bukit Batok

A man was hailed 'hero of the day' after being filmed trying to extinguish a vehicle fire at Bukit Batok East Avenue 5 last Friday (March 30).

Facebook user Evina Fynn Quek had uploaded a video and photos of the incident, which occurred near Block 239 at around 1pm.

According to Evina, the man was on his to the mosque for Friday prayers when he heard two "loud" explosions from the Comfort taxi.

He then went "all the way with just a tiny fire extinguisher" when "nobody even dared to go near the cab", added Evina.

Stomp understands that the engine of the taxi had overheated, thus resulting in the fire.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it responded to the incident at about 1pm.

The fire was extinguished by SCDF using two compressed air foam backpacks.

No injuries were reported.

"The cause of the fire is under investigation," added the SCDF.

So the SCDF is the one who extinguished the fire. So which one more hero?

So the SCDF is the one who extinguished the fire. So which one more hero?

And you are comparing who more heroic? Wow. [laugh]

Fighting such fires with proper equipment and well protected - SCDF.

Fighting such fires with a small fire extinguisher so near a burning and possibly exploding car is heroic.

Twincharged

And you are comparing who more heroic? Wow. [laugh]

Fighting such fires with proper equipment and well protected - SCDF.

Fighting such fires with a small fire extinguisher so near a burning and possibly exploding car is heroic.

It’s stupid. Unless you can get the bonnet open immediately and discharge the tiny extinguisher. It’s a waste of time. You don’t have enough amount to choke off the fire with ABC powder. Anyway usually the car is gone once a fire has started.

It will be terribly difficult to repair.

It’s stupid. Unless you can get the bonnet open immediately and discharge the tiny extinguisher. It’s a waste of time. You don’t have enough amount to choke off the fire with ABC powder. Anyway usually the car is gone once a fire has started.

It will be terribly difficult to repair.

More oxygen. Bring it on. If it was me, i will let it burn. Not possible to repair.

Twincharged

More oxygen. Bring it on. If it was me, i will let it burn. Not possible to repair.

I think putting out the fire will not help the taxi ... but it will help the lorry parked beside it ... if the taxi blows, the lorry will also up lorry !

but like everyone, I am also wondering where the guy come out with the mini extinguisher so fast !?

*I have got mine in the boot ... solid casted shell type, not those aerosol can type.

I think putting out the fire will not help the taxi ... but it will help the lorry parked beside it ... if the taxi blows, the lorry will also up lorry !

but like everyone, I am also wondering where the guy come out with the mini extinguisher so fast !?

*I have got mine in the boot ... solid casted shell type, not those aerosol can type.

I also thought - if the SCDF does not come in time, the taxi may explode causing more damage to the surroundings.

My FE is a small one - good for very small fires. Maybe i should upgrade mine to a 2.5kg dry power type.

Twincharged

Fire Extinguisher needs to send for Inspection after 2 Years,it may not work,if you never "recharged"....it..

Fire Extinguisher needs to send for Inspection after 2 Years,it may not work,if you never "recharged"....it..

My 2kg fire extinguisher in car has those gauge to indicate pressure

Twincharged

My 2kg fire extinguisher in car has those gauge to indicate pressure

Got Gauge also no use,the Chemical inside can Expire,making them not effective,last time my Shop got a few each level,all need to be change,even the gauge read full.